SPOILERS: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS) - Page 38

Page 38 of 760 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138538 ... LastLast
Like Tree7022Likes

Thread: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Blog Entries

Default Re: The "Real or Not Real" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KyseL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Except Mawile was based on the Futakuchi-onna yokai. There is nothing fairy-like about that particular yokai, unless you consider women to be equal to fairies. It's not based on a fairy or any legends from Europe, and I don't see why it would now just because of a new typing.
    How can it be possible for Mawile to be on the Fairy egg group but not to have the Fairy type (if it turns out to be real)?
    How can it be possible for Pikachu to be in the Fairy egg group even though it's quite clearly an electric rodent?

Because they resemble fairies. BUT that still does not mean it will have its typing retconned. There's plenty of Pokemon in the Fairy egg group that aren't based on fairies. Another example: Hoppip. It's already Grass/Flying, so there's no chance that will be retyped.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Blog Entries

I always took the the fairy egg group to just basically be "All the cute pokemon", anyway.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by KyseL View Post
    Except Mawile was based on the Futakuchi-onna yokai. There is nothing fairy-like about that particular yokai, unless you consider women to be equal to fairies. It's not based on a fairy or any legends from Europe, and I don't see why it would now just because of a new typing.
    How can it be possible for Mawile to be on the Fairy egg group but not to have the Fairy type (if it turns out to be real)?
    How can it be possible for Pikachu to be in the Fairy egg group even though it's quite clearly an electric rodent?

Because they resemble fairies. BUT that still does not mean it will have its typing retconned. There's plenty of Pokemon in the Fairy egg group that aren't based on fairies. Another example: Hoppip. It's already Grass/Flying, so there's no chance that will be retyped.
    What I was trying to say is that the meaning of "Fairy" that Game Freak is using doesn't necessarily have to match the traditional meaning of "fairies", and that's why I used Mawile being on the Fairy egg group as a reference... Sorry if I couldn't express my self right...

Blog Entries

Yeah, it sounded there like you were expressing a legitimate question, rather using it to point something out.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    Yeah, it sounded there like you were expressing a legitimate question, rather using it to point something out.
    Sometimes it is hard trying to communicate properly in a language you don't use everyday, sorry...

On topic: This seems to be the real deal, but I really hope it isn't, at least the dual type attacks and Chespin not being Grass/Steel parts :P

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

I just noticed, Pokejungle says the person played a beta of the game...isn't it a bit early for that?

Then there's this: pokebeach confirmed my leaks - Pokemon X Message Board for 3DS - GameFAQs

He says that Pokebeach confirmed his leaks, but that he isn't the one who sent them.... >_>

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's weird that none of the other posts mentioned the Electric-type Attack that "confirmed" it, bar WPM claiming the source told him.

Also, WPM says that only ONE attack was given to him...yet we see two more in this one.

They are seriously grasping for nonexistent straws.

New Pokebeach Update (10:30 PM) – We just noticed this, but the filename for Mewtwo’s new forme on the official Pokemon movie website is http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/img/pokemon/long/info/infoM2x.png. M2X = Mewtwo X, so maybe there’s a Mewtwo Y? Regular Mewtwo’s filename is infoM2.png, so the “x” was obviously added on purpose for the form’s filename.

EDIT: Also, WPM is apparently saying "Smash didn't confirm anything" and that the skit was simply a skit.
    Last edited by Rainbow; 12th May 2013 at 01:57 AM.

Blog Entries

So now WPM is defending the rumor because he made the mistake of vouching for it. Lovely.

Mewtwo X is probably just a placeholder.

Bottom of this page
    pokebeach confirmed my leaks - Pokemon X Message Board for 3DS - GameFAQs

I feel like this why quite a few of the Gfaqers are believing that "leak"

Blog Entries

What is up with treating Smash's scoop as if it were a skit? The cast specifically discussed Sylveon's type and ruled out possibilities by testing different combinations. I know that fans love complaining about getting trolled, but this is excessive.
    Last edited by Silktree; 12th May 2013 at 02:40 AM.

I guess it's fake. The only thing I can see as legit is the fairy-type.

Smash did some testing on Sylveon's type, must be a new one now, probably Fairy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    What is up with treating Smash's scoop as if it were a skit? The cast specifically discussed Sylveon's type and ruled out possibilities by testing different combinations. I know that fans love complaining about getting trolled, but this is excessive.
    I think people are annoyed that instead of a straight up "Sylveon is X type" we get a skit that gives us a couple type match-ups and makes us try to guess from that. And the information that was given basically ruled out every type we know about, so we are left with probably something we don't know about, which amounts to a big fat ?????? It's like, come one, GF, just tell us already, stop leading and teasing us on. I believe that is the major source of annoyance.

Blog Entries

I think people are annoyed that instead of a straight up "Sylveon is X type" we get a skit that gives us a couple type match-ups and makes us try to guess from that. And the information that was given basically ruled out every type we know about, so we are left with probably something we don't know about, which amounts to a big fat ?????? It's like, come one, GF, just tell us already, stop leading and teasing us on. I believe that is the major source of annoyance.
    It's one thing to be annoyed by it and it's another to treat it as meaningless just so that that some rumor isn't invalidated.

I think that Masuda will reveal the type next week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    It's one thing to be annoyed by it and it's another to treat it as meaningless just so that that some rumor isn't invalidated.

I think that Masuda will reveal the type next week.
    I agree. Smash will reveal the new type of Sylveon, Masuda will reveal something big, and a new type is something big. This is the reason why CoroCoro apparently* reveal Sylveon's type yet.

*CoroCoro isn't fully leaked yet. When the movie manga scans arrive, the magazine will be leaked.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GO, GO, GO, <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I want to start with XY as soon as is possible.

I have unpopular opinions: I prefer an older character returning but it isn't from the original trio. I was one of the few who liked both DP and BW. And I think that TR shouldn't leave in the anime.

LinkBacks (?)