SPOILERS: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS) - Page 37
Page 37 of 760 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137537 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Blog Entries

Default Re: The "Real or Not Real" Thread

It isn't necessarily a moot point. The point to their types is that they are all super effective against one, and not very effective against the other. it's a perfect triangle which helps show how types work in regards to advantages and disadvantages, by making the three starter Pokemon equal. Them being equal also means that no starter Pokemon is really stronger than the other, so it's more of an even choice. A secondary typing of Psychic, Dark and Fighting doesn't accomplish what Fire,Grass and Water accomplishes. I never said it definitely will not happen, because it could, however, I'm saying that because it isn't a perfect triangle, I am doubting it will happen. Not that I wouldn't enjoy it, personally, I'd love a Fire/Psychic starter Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Assuming that Fairy type is real and it's type match-ups are as stated by pokebeach, and it's true that mawhile will be reclassified as steel/fairy, then what would mawhile's new type match-ups be like?

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Follow Rainbow On Twitter Add Rainbow on Facebook Add Rainbow on Google+ Add Rainbow on MySpace
    Add Rainbow on Linkedin Follow Rainbow on Tumblr Follow Rainbow on Flickr Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    Assuming that Fairy type is real and it's type match-ups are as stated by pokebeach, and it's true that mawhile will be reclassified as steel/fairy, then what would mawhile's new type match-ups be like?
    Well, it'd be immune to both dragon and poison types....I think? The fairy wouldn't cancel out the steel would it?

I find it odd they mention Mawile though out of at least a dozen or so more fairy-like pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    The strengths of Steel would counter the weaknesses of Fairy - it wouldn't be resistant to Steel-type attacks, though. So it might be a buff if Fairy offenses somehow make it into a dragon-slayer. If this information is true, we only know what is super-effective against Fairy and what Fairy-type attacks are super-effective against. We don't know about defenses for or against Fairies.

I find it odd they mention Mawile though out of at least a dozen or so more fairy-like pokemon.
    It is based on deception, which makes it closer to the European depiction of the Unseelie Fae.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

That's easy. On the defense you have:

- Immune to both Dragon and Poison. (Otherwise resistant to Dragon and weak to Poison.)
    - Normal damage from Steel.
    - Most (if not all) of Steel's other resistances/weaknesses still apply.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Planky View Post
    Supposed ‘X’ and ‘Y’ Insider Information (May 11th, 2013)

Alleged inside information.

Am I allowed to post this?
    I'm still treating this as unconfirmed mainly due to the contradiction with the type effectiveness Pokejungle has revealed for Sylveon in Pokemon Smash (namely that she is strong against Ice). Perhaps there can be dual-typed moves if they make it so that the type effectiveness for something doesn't wind up being x4.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 11th May 2013 at 10:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Except Mawile was based on the Futakuchi-onna yokai. There is nothing fairy-like about that particular yokai, unless you consider women to be equal to fairies. It's not based on a fairy or any legends from Europe, and I don't see why it would now just because of a new typing.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Yokai lie in some weird Asian definition of the supernatural that's not quite a western Fairy and not quite a western Ghost or Goblin. For instance, I've seen in Japanese Kyuubi no Kitsune variously referred to as a Yokai or a Yosei - sometimes both.

Follow Rainbow On Twitter Add Rainbow on Facebook Add Rainbow on Google+ Add Rainbow on MySpace
    Add Rainbow on Linkedin Follow Rainbow on Tumblr Follow Rainbow on Flickr Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Veeery similar info was posted by a gamefaqs user a couple weeks ago, here (4th post by Tai_Lee_Rae)
    What will Fairy type be weak or strong against? - Pokemon X Message Board for 3DS - GameFAQs

Blog Entries

Wow, yeah, that info is identical to the pokebeach info.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick- Or -Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scope and Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Pokemon Gym minigames that raise EVs without battling? WANT TO BE TRUE SO BAD.

Blog Entries

I was hoping we'd get to see the pokemon's actual IVs. I don't really care about knowing the EVs.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Haha, I can't believe WPM fell for that.

Seriously, beyond the extremely flimsy "proof" (an Electric Attack that absorbs HP isn't a super-specific idea), that rumor was posted on /vp/ before, although the original post was obviously fake since it messed up and claimed Mawile was part-Dark. The person obviously fixed it and submitted it to WPM...like that Gamefaqs post, it was passed on as a tester leaking it.

The original one didn't even mention Newtwo, since it was back in March, if I recall correctly.
    Last edited by Garren; 11th May 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Except Mawile was based on the Futakuchi-onna yokai. There is nothing fairy-like about that particular yokai, unless you consider women to be equal to fairies. It's not based on a fairy or any legends from Europe, and I don't see why it would now just because of a new typing.
    How can it be possible for Mawile to be on the Fairy egg group but not to have the Fairy type (if it turns out to be real)?

Blog Entries

Well Stunfisk is in a water egg group but isn't water type.