SPOILERS: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS) - Page 31
Page 31 of 760 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131531 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Super Moderator Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: The "Real or Not Real" Thread

I say if we get dont get any confirmation before July, and it isnt revealed, then it's fake, I dont want to dismiss the rumor till then. It seems a lot like the type of thing that could be true and the guy has leaked real info before.

Post Thanks / Like

From the look of those Twitter posts, it sounds like he's fully aware of what kinds of things can be "forgiven" for leaking. After all, cross the wrong line and that sacred cow becomes holy hamburger.
    Last edited by Stratelier; 25th April 2013 at 11:53 AM.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post
    Hirobyte has posted again on Twitter, linking to the Type Chart with the new, supposed 'Fairy' Type added:

http://www.pokexperto.net/index2.php?seccion=general/efec

Its effectiveness isn't filled in yet but he has apparently said he'll be revealing more this coming weekend so keep an eye on it, I guess? Tbh, I don't know how to feel about this. I'd call outright bullshit on anyone else but this IS the guy who leaked the entire BW pokedex. On the other hand, though, he 'leaked' Sylveon as a flying type and then backtracked, saying he 'misheard' Fairy as Flying...which does sound like BS.

It's too confusing o__O I'm just gonna stand on the sidelines for now and hope we get confirmation either way soon.

EDIT: I tweeted Hiro asking if he knew when we'd get official confirmation on the Fairy Type, and he replied 'I don't know. Maybe in the next Coro Coro. Definitely before July.'
    I'm still pretty skeptical about this new type. Even though he leaked the entire BW Pokedex, the fact that he claimed Slyveon as a Flying type and then took it back to be this Fairy type makes me doubtful about how reliable he is in this case. Adding in the new type to the chart doesn't do anything for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Even though he leaked the entire BW Pokedex...
    Got any links? I wasn't exactly in the dark back prior to G5, but I didn't hang around areas where spoilers were likely to show up either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Life on Tumblr

I can believe having a new type, but it seems odd to me that if it's real, they would only give the one new type to only one of the version mascots.
    If it happened, I would feel like they would just be blowing of Yveltal, which in the end would annoy me.

On the fairy type, I can believe they would give it to Pokemon without wings, but the type in general doesn't seem real. The name 'Fairy' as a type just doesn't sit well with me.
    Last edited by Life; 25th April 2013 at 01:52 PM.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Got any links? I wasn't exactly in the dark back prior to G5, but I didn't hang around areas where spoilers were likely to show up either.
    I'm afraid that I don't. People have said that he leaked a lot of information during the fifth generation pre-release season, including the BW Pokedex, but I don't have any links from back then to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skuntank View Post
    I can believe having a new type, but it seems odd to me that if it's real, they would only give the one new type to only one of the version mascots.
    If it happened, I would feel like they would just be blowing of Yveltal, which in the end would annoy me.

On the fairy type, I can believe they would give it to Pokemon without wings, but the type in general doesn't seem real. The name 'Fairy' as a type just doesn't sit well with me.
    I think that the only way they wouldn't give Yveltal a new type would be if Dark is strong against Fairy, or the other way around. Though, the name Fairy doesn't sit right with me either. I could almost kind of see it for Sylveon, but for Xerneas, it's just way too much of a stretch due to its design and what it's suppose to be based on. Most people tend to think of little sprites with wings when they think of fairies. Sylveon doesn't quite fit that description either, but it seems more plausible for Sylveon than for Xerneas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Mew View Post
    I'm still pretty skeptical about this new type. Even though he leaked the entire BW Pokedex, the fact that he claimed Slyveon as a Flying type and then took it back to be this Fairy type makes me doubtful about how reliable he is in this case. Adding in the new type to the chart doesn't do anything for me.
    No one seems to be sure whether he actually said Sylveon being flying was confirmed or if it was just a guess. So I wouldn't take it for granted that he changed what he said.

Post Thanks / Like

The Wars of Wottergate
    Some thoughts about Wottergate - Blogs - Bulbagarden Forums

On another note, I found this bit in Wikipedia's Fairy article funny, considering the specilation:
    They are said to have etheric bodies that are composed of etheric matter, a type of matter finer and more pure that is composed of smaller particles than ordinary physical plane matter.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Spectacular Snivy On Twitter Add Spectacular Snivy on Google+
    Visit Spectacular Snivy's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day View Post
    Well, anyone can throw an extra type into a type chart. If there were some weaknesses/resistances listed, I wouldnt question it as much.
    The "Fairy type" is not confirmed,is the reason for no info about it.

I HATE MYSELF!

Registered User Neptune's Disciple's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rainy Day View Post
    Well, anyone can throw an extra type into a type chart. If there were some weaknesses/resistances listed, I wouldnt question it as much.
    Anyone who can throw an extra type into a type chart can also throw in some weaknesses and resistances, so it neither proves nor denies the possibility of the new type.

If anything, I think it slightly legitimises the type chart as I would expect GF/TPCI to want to continue trolling us with tiny bits of information, but never the whole story. Here (assuming the chart is legit, and I'm not saying that I think it is), they're leaving it open for fans 'speculate' nee fight about the effect that Fairy would have on the type chart, instead of just saying 'Here's the type. This is what it kills, this is what kills it.' If it is indeed true, I would expect it to be confirmed in the coming months in corocoro/pokemon Smash as has happened previously, but they still won't give out its type advantages/disadvantages. To me, they seem to really enjoy giving us the smallest amount of info possible, drumming up the rumour-mill with 'leaks' prior to confirmation. After all, people seem to care much more about GF/TPCI confirming rumours than getting dumps of information every time. Reading through Archaic's posts on Wottergate seems to confirm this idea as well, that these 'leaks' are perhaps not quite as incidental as first thought, and that someone high up within GF/TPCI is driving certain employees to dribble small bits of information as they see fit. It's a very effective marketing/hype/troll tactic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Melkor posted a few things to shed light on the situation somewhat. He admits that they are not doing TPCi any favors by spreading the rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkor
    Is the information real?

I sincerely don't know 100%.

Actually, I am not sure about what exactly is real information. I guess probably the Fairy type is real, and predictably the type of Sylveon. The types of Xerneas and Yveltal are likely to be as leaked. As to Clefairy, who knows.
    As if the Clefairy tidbit were the least likely part of the rumor.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I didn't find any part of Hiro's rumor unbelievable.

In fact I'm a bit skeptical because it makes too much sense and is too close to exactly what I thought.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Melkor posted a few things to shed light on the situation somewhat. He admits that they are not doing TPCi any favors by spreading the rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkor
    Is the information real?

I sincerely don't know 100%.

Actually, I am not sure about what exactly is real information. I guess probably the Fairy type is real, and predictably the type of Sylveon. The types of Xerneas and Yveltal are likely to be as leaked. As to Clefairy, who knows.
    As if the Clefairy tidbit were the least likely part of the rumor.
    I thought they said Xerneas and Yvetal's types....or was that something else?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit KidBeano's Youtube Channel

On the other hand, though, he 'leaked' Sylveon as a flying type and then backtracked, saying he 'misheard' Fairy as Flying...which does sound like BS.
    I don't know if I'm just thinking too much into this, but to me, it wouldn't make sense for this person to be receiving leak information in English, unless he's getting information from the Japanese-English translators, or something. I don't know what the Japanese words for "Flying" and "Fairy" are, though, so it could be that they do sound more similar than they do in English?
    MORE CAPS

~The Artist Formerly Known As PichuBoy~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KidBeano View Post
    On the other hand, though, he 'leaked' Sylveon as a flying type and then backtracked, saying he 'misheard' Fairy as Flying...which does sound like BS.
    I don't know if I'm just thinking too much into this, but to me, it wouldn't make sense for this person to be receiving leak information in English, unless he's getting information from the Japanese-English translators, or something. I don't know what the Japanese words for "Flying" and "Fairy" are, though, so it could be that they do sound more similar than they do in English?
    Just for clarification, I would just like to add that I didn't personally read on Hiro's twitter that he 'misheard' - somebody else posted that he'd 'misheard' (and therefore considered the whole thing suspicious) and that's the info I'm relaying. So it's possible that they worded it incorrectly, and Hiro didn't 'mishear' but perhaps just 'mistook' the info...? Can anyone confirm? This is starting to feel like a big game of Chinese Whispers o.O

Either way, posting info then quickly backtracking never makes you look reliable. Even Melkor (see Silktree's link above) is saying that Hiro doesn't know about the fairy type for sure, and if that's the case and he's anything less than 100% certain he's playing a stupidly risky game with his credibility.

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.