SPOILERS: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS) - Page 2

Page 2 of 760 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast
Like Tree7022Likes

Thread: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The "Real or Not Real?" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    That's fake because it was made before the names of Xerneas and Yveltal were revealed, iirc, as the original version of that I saw had different names for them.

Also, 2chan is just the Japanese version of 4chan. The only reason it's more "reliable" is because that's usually where CoroCoro gets posted since, you know, Japanese people have access to it.
    Tecnically 4chan is the western version of 2chan.

And I think both are unreliable too, being the "coroleaks" days the only exception, and just for 2ch.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    Proven fake earlier in this thread. Locking the trainer names would go against GameFreak's main philosophy about the series and other ideas in there have been lifted from spin off games.

That's fake because it was made before the names of Xerneas and Yveltal were revealed, iirc, as the original version of that I saw had different names for them.

Also, 2chan is just the Japanese version of 4chan. The only reason it's more "reliable" is because that's usually where CoroCoro gets posted since, you know, Japanese people have access to it.
    Pretty much. Almost all CoroCoro leaks originate there, as does information about the games shortly after Japanese release.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Proven fake earlier in this thread. Locking the trainer names would go against GameFreak's main philosophy about the series and other ideas in there have been lifted from spin off games.
    It's been repeated multiple times, but that's not what was said. Originally it said "main characters are named Jean and Jane in the localization, non-customizable" and the poster later clarified he meant their designs.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

It's been repeated multiple times, but that's not what was said. Originally it said "main characters are named Jean and Jane in the localization, non-customizable" and the poster later clarified he meant their designs.
    Fair enough. Still fake though. Rule of thumb generally says that if a leak is elaborate, it's probably fake.

Says a lot about video game "journalism" though that it became a game of Chinese Whispers with the details.

@Joshawott;Thanks! Wasn't if it was old or not!

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Holy moly! Imgur isn't working for me for some reason, but:
    imgur: the simple image sharer
    The XY guy on 4chan is faking massive info dumps with 80/99 new Pokemon gyms, elite 4, the works! I know its fake, but there would be so much hilarity ensuing from it if its all real. If IMGUR isn't working for you either:
    As I said this guy is prolly taking 4chan for a ride, but I wanna believe. I want to so badly. The whole past/present thing he first posted was cool, and I love the sound of the gym city names. The E4 also taking a huge classical approach for the types(fire-water-grass-electric) is also something I always wanted too. Its soooo good it has to be fake.
    Last edited by Mitzman!; 26th February 2013 at 03:37 PM.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    The XY guy on 4chan is faking massive info dumps with 80/99 new Pokemon gyms, elite 4, the works! I know its fake, but there would be so much hilarity ensuing from it if its all real. If IMGUR isn't working for you either:
    As I said this guy is prolly taking 4chan for a ride, but I wanna believe. I want to so badly. The whole past/present thing he first posted was cool, and I love the sound of the gym city names. The E4 also taking a huge classical approach for the types(fire-water-grass-electric) is also something I always wanted too. Its soooo good it has to be fake.
    Grass, Water, Fire and Electric are always rumoured E4 types every gen. Happened last time too. But as Josh said, too specific, therefore fake. Still like reading these rumours though
    Personal Youtube: TerraTF

Follow my Pokemon Y Nuzlocke here

Shinies are just a palette swap. If its not bred well, don't use it.

I don't think we've EVER gotten the Elite Four details before release.

Pokemon? Yes. Wottergate.

But never E4. Especially not names, too. Fake.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries

The legitimacy is strong with this one...

(not)

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Incoming Mortar View Post
    The legitimacy is strong with this one...

(not)
    There's too many holes in this "leak". Evolite Hariyama/Throh would be too gamebreaking. I can't remember, but there was one other one too.

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

El_
    Blog Entries

That rumor sounds a lot more reasonable than nearly everything else I've seen, its a shame too since I like the idea of a clover Grass/Dragon pseudo-legendary as well as the cool sounding Cerberus evolution of Houndoom. The small number of legends would also be a nice change of pace, as any more (the 600 BST pixie is absent) could simply be handled via DLC. So actually very good ideas overall.

The Darumaka Fire/Ice split however is something that was rumored back during the BW2 period, not as an evolution but as a new forme. That and the E4 information shows to me that this is an obvious fake.

Best fake I've seen so far though, I'll give Mr.XY that much.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Visit Apex's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    That rumor sounds a lot more reasonable than nearly everything else I've seen, its a shame too since I like the idea of a clover Grass/Dragon pseudo-legendary as well as the cool sounding Cerberus evolution of Houndoom. The small number of legends would also be a nice change of pace, as any more (the 600 BST pixie is absent) could simply be handled via DLC. So actually very good ideas overall.

The Darumaka Fire/Ice split however is something that was rumored back during the BW2 period, not as an evolution but as a new forme. That and the E4 information shows to me that this is an obvious fake.

Best fake I've seen so far though, I'll give Mr.XY that much.
    He said that a Heracross/Pinsir evo/pre-evo would get announced in March. So if it does, I'd be more inclined to believe it. But for now, I don't.

SEAHAWKS SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS

Blog Entries

As fake as that is, I have to admit, Pokemon based on the Spade, Club, Ace and Heart is a rather much want... Maybe not so much the animal species, but the card theme certainly.
    Enzap likes this.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty sure the modern card suit system was even devised in France, iirc.

LinkBacks (?)