SPOILERS: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS) - Page 186

Page 186 of 760 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286686 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 11397
Like Tree7022Likes

Thread: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Zeb
    vital spirit. Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Default Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

Yeah, Pancham is called the Naughty Pokemon in Japan, too. The evolution method and it gaining the Dark-type is meant to convey a child growing up with the wrong crowd of people influencing its behaviour and in most cases people that hang around with the wrong crowd of people are usually more inclined towards that sort of behaviour in the first place. So the same scenario applies to Pancham. It's already naughty and mischievous and only gets worse when in a group with a Dark-type. Sort of how two naughty children in a class always seem to play off of each other and act worse than if there is only one naughty child alone with no one to seek rapport from.

It's a basic idea of evolution, to require another type in the party, so I'm surprised it's taken so long to be included. I do like it though, it's more characterful than reaching a certain level.
    Neptune's Disciple and El_ like this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Registered User Neptune's Disciple's Avatar

I really love the concept with Pancham/Pangoro. To me, Pancham is basically a petulant child - naughty, testing the boundaries, and just being a little shit, but not inherently evil. Hell, if every petulant child grew up to be evil/a mob boss, then there would be a lot more people in the mafia. Often, bad kids will grow up to be perfectly normal and reasonable adults, but some will not, and often this can be due to influence and peer pressure, which is where it evolving by having another dark-type in the team comes in.
    Reila likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    It's a basic idea of evolution, to require another type in the party, so I'm surprised it's taken so long to be included.
    We already have that kind of evolution. Mantyke requires a Remoraid in the party to evolve. It's not something entirely new. Although unlike Pancham's speculated evolution, that's a specific species required, not a general type.

Though it's an interesting idea, I don't really think Pancham's evolution will be something that specific. I can see it being something as simple as a mere evolution by level, and I find it to be more likely than anything else.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
    I really love the concept with Pancham/Pangoro. To me, Pancham is basically a petulant child - naughty, testing the boundaries, and just being a little shit, but not inherently evil. Hell, if every petulant child grew up to be evil/a mob boss, then there would be a lot more people in the mafia. Often, bad kids will grow up to be perfectly normal and reasonable adults, but some will not, and often this can be due to influence and peer pressure, which is where it evolving by having another dark-type in the team comes in.
    At the same time as it's capable of being ruthless, Pangoro is noted for having a good heart.
    The_Doctor likes this.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Zeb
    vital spirit. Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Though it's an interesting idea, I don't really think Pancham's evolution will be something that specific. I can see it being something as simple as a mere evolution by level, and I find it to be more likely than anything else.
    Well the leaks said it evolves by levelling up with a Dark-type in your party, and look how much they've gotten right. Plus Pangoro is part Dark, so it makes sense thematically too. And the official site and Corocoro have pointed out that Pancham evolves into Pangoro through a new method of evolution, so that rules level evolution out.
    The_Doctor likes this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

Then I take it back about the level up method.

But that still doesn't guarantee that Pancham will evolve by being with any given dark type. And I'd rather wait for an official confirmation.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Akai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Pancham evolving into Pangoro is basically a young kid who grows up hanging around with the wrong crowd. It makes perfect sense that it would evolve with a Dark-type in the party, because Pancham and a Dark-type both being in your team is essentially Pancham hanging about with the wrong crowd.
    Pancham already acts like a mischievous child. Back when it was first revealed through CoroCoro, I was under the impression that it's main move (name escapes me, sorry) was essentially it blurting out an insult.
    Yeah, I think "Parting Shot" is meant to reference that thing I always see Japanese gangsters do in anime/manga where they shout "don't forget about us!" when they're chased off.
    Team Gaara likes this.

He's Amphabulous! Bayushiyojiro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post

Yeah, I think "Parting Shot" is meant to reference that thing I always see Japanese gangsters do in anime/manga where they shout "don't forget about us!" when they're chased off.
    IM fairly certain i will now have no choice but to imagine my pancham yelling 'smell ya later, loser' when using that move. i know Gary wasnt a gangster.. but he always said it RIGHT before leaving...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Guardian Sylveon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirtleMan493 View Post
    I feel like we need more people to play the demos and specifically try to do research with specific matchups. We need inside agents, man!
    What we also need is for Nintendo to release these demos on the 3DS eShop.
    Exactly. Having the demo readily available, even if it doesn't have all the info, would be ridiculously helpful right now. I'd love to lay hands on it and tool around with it; it could answer quite a few questions but that's probably why it hasn't been released en masse yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarftail View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarftail View Post
    Umbreon appears to have relatively thick skin.
    How does it appear to have thick skin? It's about as bulky looking as Sylveon, both being the same size as well and having a lean body. The only difference is one is black and one is pink.
    The ears, the tail, the neck, and the legs give me the impression that it has more 'meat' than Sylveon does. I can't see why Umbreon's defenses would be so high if its design doesn't actually represent those stats. Better put, why would Umbreon have the same Defense as Tyranitar if its body is supposedly thin and fragile? It has to have some characteristic that explains its high defenses.
    Faeries are very hard to get rid of, which may explain a high Defensive stat. Read any neo-Pagan tome on the subject and there are massive cautions on working with the fey; it's easy to invite them in but much harder to kick them out. It's a thought.

For the heck of it, I wandered around on DA and found this. Um, GF? Mind making this happen? I mean, just the face sells the concept to me; the big guy looks like Soundwave from TF:Prime.

There's also a Mega Beedrill and a Mega Bisharp and I love them both. Wouldn't mind seeing something like these guys in Kalos.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

He's Amphabulous! Bayushiyojiro's Avatar

mega golurk? :D yes pls.

on topic. i could see fairies being at least high on at least one defense given our currently 'known' fairies (gardevoir, marril/azumarril, mawile) they tend to have defensive bulk to them. jiggly[puff has hp rather than defenses..... but still somewhat fits the mold. who knows though.

honedge has potential to be a frail but hard hitting steel/ghost which kinda goes against both thier 'normals'
    Silverwynde likes this.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

all gens have their purpose and place (except hoenn, screw hoenn)

Follow Meophist On Twitter

So apparently, the rumour has a contradiction: Fairy is neutral against Psychic in the demo; whereas the rumour states that psychic resists it.
    The_Doctor likes this.

Found this on Serebii, apparently there's a new rumored list on the block.

I'll admit that I like the Saber toothed fossil, ice wolf and Ouroboros legendary, but otherwise taking this with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Zweilous; 31st August 2013 at 11:23 AM.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I admit I like a lot of these ideas( like the Electric saber tooth tiger, the fossils, the Ice wolf and there seem to be many usused type combos, however I'm not believing it at the moment) also in this list it seems Fennekin's final evo is just another Kitsune similar to Ninetails, I'd rather see something more unique, taking this list with a grain of salt.
    8ther likes this.

Avatar drawn by me. Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Yamashita-aka-Doragon on Tumblr Visit Yamashita-aka-Doragon's Youtube Channel

Electric saber tooth tiger? Definitely fake, since we have one: Raikou.

Blog Entries

Raikou is actually based on the "raiju", even though it looks a bit like a smilodon, so I wouldn't say that a smilodon-based Pokémon is impossible... yet.

Where are the rumors, anyway? There are no links in Zweilous' post.

LinkBacks (?)