SPOILERS: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS) - Page 181

Page 181 of 760 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231281681 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 11397
Like Tree7022Likes

Thread: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Blog Entries
    Follow Saeyru On Twitter

Default Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saeyru View Post
    It's not necessarily surprising to see Sylveon have such a high special defense, as that's a common trait shared with just about almost every eeveelution, as far as I know (not sure about Vaporeon, and Glaceon and Leafeon might be exceptions to this). A high speed is something that's pleasant to hear though, I was afraid it'd be slow. This means that at least it'd be fast enough to outspeed and KO the likes of anything that's probably not Latios. If it has a base 110 Speed, then that means that it at least Speed ties with Latios at worst, but it'd live its attacks, anyhow.

Quite interesting info, indeed. n_n
    Actually Sylveon is pretty slow. Only 60/65 base Speed.
    Oh, I see~! Not sure what I think about that though. It was...fairy below what I was expecting, if anything. .-.; But of course, speed isn't everything, so I'm waiting to see what other tricks it has up its sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    That's good, I'd much prefer the 110 Sp. Att than 110 Speed.
    In a sense, I kind of feel this way, too. As long as it hits hard, then I don't mind.
    The_Doctor and Silverwynde like this.

Visit LimitCrown's Youtube Channel

Assuming that Sylveon is a perfect IVs zero EVs Pokémon with base 95 HP and neutral nature, what's the base Def that Sylveon needed for it to take only 41 HP of damage from a critical-hit Take Down from a 0 IVs 0 EVs Gabite with a random nature?

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Honestly, if 95/60/65/110/130/65 turns out to be the real base stats I'd actually be ok with it. Sure, the speed is disappointing, but at least Sylveon will be useful both attacking and defending specially.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Visit Scarftail's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by LimitCrown View Post
    Assuming that Sylveon is a perfect IVs zero EVs Pokémon with base 95 HP and neutral nature, what's the base Def that Sylveon needed for it to take only 41 HP of damage from a critical-hit Take Down from a 0 IVs 0 EVs Gabite with a random nature?
    110. I find that odd because it looks so physically weak.
    I wrap my long, white tail around my neck to show off. I also repel dust and static electricity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scarftail View Post
    Well, so does Umbreon and it has a 95/130 Defense spread.

Wait, so do we know for sure that there was a Critical Hit Take Down from a Gabite? If that's true then my prediction of Sylveon mirroring Umbreon might be true....which would be nice since Game Freak seems to be trying to contrast Fairy and Dark with the box legends.

and now they should covertly introduce a Dragon Eeveelution that mirrors Espeon's stats with 65/130/95/65/60/110 since Dragons in the later generations can be compared to Psychic becoming a prominent typing for Legendary....and then we have Umbreon being immune to Psychic and Sylveon being immune to Dragon

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Never judge a book by its cover :P
    Silverwynde likes this.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Visit Scarftail's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Well, so does Umbreon and it has a 95/130 Defense spread.

Wait, so do we know for sure that there was a Critical Hit Take Down from a Gabite? If that's true then my prediction of Sylveon mirroring Umbreon might be true....which would be nice since Game Freak seems to be trying to contrast Fairy and Dark with the box legends.

and now they should covertly introduce a Dragon Eeveelution that mirrors Espeon's stats with 65/130/95/65/60/110 since Dragons in the later generations can be compared to Psychic becoming a prominent typing for Legendary....and then we have Umbreon being immune to Psychic and Sylveon being immune to Dragon
    Umbreon appears to have relatively thick skin. I completely agree with the idea of the Fairy/Dark contrast, because according to MageLeif, Fairy is super-effective against Dark. To me, Fairy should also be weak to Dark simply so that Xerneas and Yveltal can be balanced against each other. I don't see Game Freak wanting to portray Xerneas as superior to Yveltal. It's already an issue that only one mascot promotes the new type, but if Dark was the antithesis of Fairy, it would be understandable.
    I wrap my long, white tail around my neck to show off. I also repel dust and static electricity.

I wonder if they changed the base Damage of Take Down like they had with the HP-draining moves. What if instead of 90, it was 85 or 80?

Crits may only do 50% more damage instead of the 100% as previous - according to @Joshawott anyway.
    Last edited by DarkS Umbreon; 24th August 2013 at 05:34 PM.

Blog Entries

Okay, so everyone's talking about how Sylveon must have 110 if it OHKO's Gabite with Fairy wind. What base power are you all assuming? I'd say Fairy wind is likely similar to Ominous wind with a base power of 60, which means its at 90 with STAB.

@LimitCrown;
    Why do you assume Sylveon has max IV HP? If there is evidence for this then it is likely Max SAtk IV as well. Or that Gabite has 0 IVs?

I based my following calculations on the above assumptions (and my assumption that Sylveon has 65 base attack) using psypoke's calculator (since I am actually able to put in the SAtk values myself) using Umbreon as a place holder giving it Sylveon's SAtk stat at level 50 (85) and Gabite's SDef at level 50 (54) with Earthpower as a place holder for a STAB Fairy Wind assuming it has 60 base power (hence a 90 base power move).

It does 54-64 % damage. This would mean if you factor in that it's SE, Gabite would be OHKO.

Of course, if Gabite's IV's aren't 0, then it wouldn't OHKO under these assumptions.

Umbreon appears to have relatively thick skin.
    How does it appear to have thick skin? It's about as bulky looking as Sylveon, both being the same size as well and having a lean body. The only difference is one is black and one is pink.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 24th August 2013 at 05:41 PM.

I wonder what the base power of Fairy Wind is. I guessed either 40 or 60 because the PP count was 30, but I'm not sure.

@The Outrage In the Pokémon Smash video confirming the Fairy-type, there was a level 50 Sylveon with 155 HP. In the English Demo, there was a level 30 Sylveon with 106 HP. A base HP stat of 95 would work for both at 0 IVs and EVs and 31 IVs and zero EVs, respectively.

At first, I mainly assumed that Fairy Wind dealt 40 base damage.
    Last edited by LimitCrown; 24th August 2013 at 06:11 PM.

Blog Entries

@The Outrage In the Pokémon Smash video confirming the Fairy-type, there was a level 50 Sylveon with 155 HP. In the English Demo, there was a level 30 Sylveon with 106 HP. A base HP stat of 95 would work for both at 0 IVs and EVs and 31 IVs and zero EVs, respectively.
    But what we need to know is, was the opposing Gabite who did the critical hit was against the 31 IV or 0 IV Sylveon. I don't think we can mix and match with the assumptions that Gabite had differing IV's than Sylveon....unless @Scarftail's calculations are accurate which would suggest a 31 IV Sylveon was up against a 0 IV Gabite.

Umbreon appears to have relatively thick skin. I completely agree with the idea of the Fairy/Dark contrast, because according to MageLeif, Fairy is super-effective against Dark. To me, Fairy should also be weak to Dark simply so that Xerneas and Yveltal can be balanced against each other. I don't see Game Freak wanting to portray Xerneas as superior to Yveltal. It's already an issue that only one mascot promotes the new type, but if Dark was the antithesis of Fairy, it would be understandable.
    As much as I'd like for a balance, GF has never really cared for balancing out their legendaries. Kyogre and Dialga blatantly beat out their counterparts and Lugia gained moves to trump Ho-oh whereas the other didn't get anything in return. Zekrom and Reshiram are the only truly balanced ones and even then Reshiram got more tools on the benefit of being a more specially oriented Pokémon and having unresisted coverage. So unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if Yveltal got the short end of the stick in this deal.

That's what I said. The Sylveon in the English Demo had 31 IVs.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Can't someone who has plays the demo just view the Pokémon's status section in battle and see what the base power is? If it's at EuroGamer next month, I'll be sure to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkS Umbreon View Post
    Crits may only do 50% more damage instead of the 100% as previous - according to @Joshawott anyway.
    Just to elaborate: I heard that from a competitive battling friend of mine. I'm guessing the evidence came from one of the demo units.

LinkBacks (?)