SPOILERS: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS) - Page 11

Page 11 of 760 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast
Like Tree7022Likes

Thread: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The "Real or Not Real" Thread

I think most people here would agree that Gamefreak would never have an evoltuion where the Pokemon stays the exact same and the item it holds is the only thing that changes prior to the evolution.
    I actually thought that'd be a pretty cute way to evolve Farfetch'd, though. It'd really fit its general theme of being a joke-character.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post

Firstly, Is that Pokejungle site a confirmed source? On the bottom of it says that it's "Not affiliated with Pokémon Co. International, Nintendo, or GameFreak"
    And it calls the material "fake, because it's fake." It doesn't give any explanation. One of the commenters says that those designs were published already on sites like deviantart, but I've ran a search and never have found an instance where there were exact same designs posted.
    To be honest, that would also mean Bulbagarden and Serebii wouldn't be legitimate sources because they're fan sites. Legit fan sites exist because they're run by honest people who can get confirmations (or otherwise) about news and rumors and because the official companies simply won't step forward and leak everything at once.
    Owain likes this.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Edge View Post

Firstly, Is that Pokejungle site a confirmed source? On the bottom of it says that it's "Not affiliated with Pokémon Co. International, Nintendo, or GameFreak"
    And it calls the material "fake, because it's fake." It doesn't give any explanation. One of the commenters says that those designs were published already on sites like deviantart, but I've ran a search and never have found an instance where there were exact same designs posted.
    To be honest, that would also mean Bulbagarden and Serebii wouldn't be legitimate sources because they're fan sites. Legit fan sites exist because they're run by honest people who can get confirmations (or otherwise) about news and rumors and because the official companies simply won't step forward and leak everything at once.

They would be affiliated with those then, wouldn't they?

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Tendou Soujirou View Post
    I think most people here would agree that Gamefreak would never have an evoltuion where the Pokemon stays the exact same and the item it holds is the only thing that changes prior to the evolution.
    I actually thought that'd be a pretty cute way to evolve Farfetch'd, though. It'd really fit its general theme of being a joke-character.
    A lot of people may think it would be cute, however, it is something that makes no sense what so ever and honestly I doubt Game Freak would ever do that. It isn't really evolution if they stay the exact same. They could create a cute evolution for Farfetch'd that you'd still like though.

The Great and Powerful TheBugChampion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    A lot of people may think it would be cute, however, it is something that makes no sense what so ever and honestly I doubt Game Freak would ever do that. It isn't really evolution if they stay the exact same. They could create a cute evolution for Farfetch'd that you'd still like though.
    well tecnhically slowbro is still a slopoke, it just has a shellder on its tail which is what makes it upright - and different. and technically, though not in the game, it can revert to slowpoke. and Escavalier, while looking mighty different, is pretty much the same beetle inside, it just has another pokemon's armor on top.

so... the idea of the pokemon itself not changing but it's accessories or attribute being what "evolves" is really not that [waitforit]... farfetch'd of an idea.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TheBugChampion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    well tecnhically slowbro is still a slopoke, it just has a shellder on its tail which is what makes it upright - and different. and technically, though not in the game, it can revert to slowpoke. and Escavalier, while looking mighty different, is pretty much the same beetle inside, it just has another pokemon's armor on top.

so... the idea of the pokemon itself not changing but it's accessories or attribute being what "evolves" is really not that [waitforit]... farfetch'd of an idea.
    You bring up a decent point, however I think both those Pokemon you suggested still look quite different from their pre evolution forms. The idea of having one Pokemon evolving into another and looking the EXACT same, with just a different looking item in his hand doesn't seem like something Game freak would ever do.

What's the point in evolution when the accessory of the Pokemon is the only thing that evolves?? That's pretty much What Mr. XY suggested it was.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I'm thinking that Farfetch'd might change a little if this were the case, like perhaps growing longer feathers. I am kind of skeptical about it not changing at all other than the stick.

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

We already know Mr XY and his rumours are fake, so this discussion is pointless in this thread. If you want to further discuss a Farfetch'd evolution by all means take it the necessary thread, but this thread is only to try and discern whether a rumour could be fake or not, not to discuss the rumours after they have been proven fake.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    We already know Mr XY and his rumours are fake, so this discussion is pointless in this thread. If you want to further discuss a Farfetch'd evolution by all means take it the necessary thread, but this thread is only to try and discern whether a rumour could be fake or not, not to discuss the rumours after they have been proven fake.
    Whoa, after some observations I can kind of conclude that you mods are quite strict on this forum (no offense), I don't know if I really like it though...

On-topic: I wonder when the next batch of rumors will come up!:D

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

In regards to PokéJungle as a source, you'll see that I've left it off both lists. That's because they are rather well known for posting a lot of rumours (even if they do label them correctly, posting up unconfirmed information is risky business), but they have also been good in the past (leaking Simisage's head). They're middle ground for me personally; not good enough to be labelled a reliable source, but not bad enough to be an unreliable source.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungleluke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Whoa, after some observations I can kind of conclude that you mods are quite strict on this forum (no offense), I don't know if I really like it though...

On-topic: I wonder when the next batch of rumors will come up!:D
    To be honest, we're a lot less strict than other forums out there. It's actually one of the reasons I joined in the first place.

As for the discussing rumours, it's outright said in the first post of this thread:
    4) No discussion on the contents of the rumours of the leaks are allowed, unless it's related to them being legitimate or not (e.g. "Wow, that sounds cool if true!" is not allowed, whereas "I don't think that's real because there's no way GameFreak will not let players change the Player Character's name" is allowed). Violation of this rule will lead to Pointless Post warnings/infractions.
    Which basically means, once something has been confirmed as fake, we leave it and move on. This is a thread to check the authenticity of supposed leaks and rumours, not to talk about them.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is a pretty good one of a "Jynx Evolution"

Vulli likes this.

Blog Entries
    Follow はるひ On Twitter Add はるひ on Facebook
    Follow はるひ on Tumblr Visit はるひ's Youtube Channel

rujeria looks very blowfishy but cute ^^

No idea if that's photoshopped or not, but Jynx desperately needs an evolution. The Magmar-Electabuzz-Jynx trio must be restored.
    Mega Gengar likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rithirh View Post

No idea if that's photoshopped or not, but Jynx desperately needs an evolution. The Magmar-Electabuzz-Jynx trio must be restored.
    Was that a trio I alway thought it was a group from six Mr. Mime - Scyther - Jynx -Electrabuzz - Magmar - Pinsir - Tauros but maybe Pinsir and Tauros don't belong to that group however.
    Gone

Blog Entries

I'm actually liking this one, but I get the feeling it's a bit "too naked". I mean, it looks like it's only wearing a long skirt and a bikini top. I think it would've been better if the skirt started at the bikini top, making it a dress instead.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

LinkBacks (?)