SPOILERS: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS) - Page 101

Page 101 of 760 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 11397
Like Tree7022Likes

Thread: Rumour thread (SPOILERS - ALLEGED LEAKS)

Visit Scarftail's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Rumour Discussion and Speculation

Does anyone get the feeling that Geo Control and Death Wing may be dual-typed moves, Fairy/Ground and Dark/Flying?
    I wrap my long, white tail around my neck to show off. I also repel dust and static electricity.

Visit LimitCrown's Youtube Channel

Why would Mawile evolve into a Fairy-type?

Quote Originally Posted by LimitCrown View Post
    Wasn't it Hirobyte or the PokeBeach leaker who said that Mawile would be retconned as Fairy?
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Lugiafanatic View Post
    Wasn't it Hirobyte or the PokeBeach leaker who said that Mawile would be retconned as Fairy?
    I mean, Mawile learns a lot of Dark-type moves. Why is a Fairy-type more appropriate?

Quote Originally Posted by Lugiafanatic View Post
    I mean, Mawile learns a lot of Dark-type moves. Why is a Fairy-type more appropriate?
    I think because its based on some Japanese fairy tale.

My shop!

Futakuchi-onna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not sure if the Fairy-type is more appropriate in this situation. Mawile is known as the Deceiver Pokémon.

Futakuchi-onna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm not sure if the Fairy-type is more appropriate in this situation. Mawile is known as the Deceiver Pokémon.
    Who says Fairies can't be deceptive?

My shop!

It's already a Steel-type because of its sharp jaws and the ability to chew through iron beams. I would think that if it was a deceptive Fairy, then it would be Dark/Fairy or Fairy/Dark. It already demonstrates traits of a Dark-type.

At first, they said that there was a new Swalot evolution named Queasine that learned Belch, which deals 120 damage regardless of the berry used, if I remember correctly, which is why I doubt the other rumor.
    Last edited by LimitCrown; 11th July 2013 at 08:22 AM.

Registered User Neptune's Disciple's Avatar

It's already a Steel-type because of its sharp jaws and the ability to chew through iron beams. I would think that if it was a deceptive Fairy, then it would be Dark/Fairy or Fairy/Dark. It already demonstrates traits of a Dark-type.
    So what you're saying is my Azumarill should have been retconned to Water/Fighting because it can learn fighting moves (and also has an ability related to increased power)? Or that Stoutland should be a Dark type because it can learn Bite and Crunch?

Mawile is Steel because large parts of its body are made of metal. If it does get retconned to Fairy, it's because it is based on a mischievous mythological creature from Japanese folklore. The futakuchi-onna is typically not portrayed as being evil, but it does like to play tricks and pranks. I will be thrilled if they give it the Fairy type, as I believe it will push Fairy in a slightly different direction, covering the more mischievous nature of fairies, instead of just showing them as cutesy little balls of fluff (not you Xerneas). I don't mind at all that most of the Fairies revealed so far are cute little things, but diversity never hurt anyone.
    Reila, Tsutarja, Reddigans and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Neptune's Disciple View Post
    So what you're saying is my Azumarill should have been retconned to Water/Fighting because it can learn fighting moves (and also has an ability related to increased power)? Or that Stoutland should be a Dark type because it can learn Bite and Crunch?

Mawile is Steel because large parts of its body are made of metal. If it does get retconned to Fairy, it's because it is based on a mischievous mythological creature from Japanese folklore. The futakuchi-onna is typically not portrayed as being evil, but it does like to play tricks and pranks. I will be thrilled if they give it the Fairy type, as I believe it will push Fairy in a slightly different direction, covering the more mischievous nature of fairies, instead of just showing them as cutesy little balls of fluff (not you Xerneas). I don't mind at all that most of the Fairies revealed so far are cute little things, but diversity never hurt anyone.
    Azumarill learns only ONE Fighting-type move (excluding TMs). My point is that Dark-type traits are already apparent in Mawile and it is a part of its personality (being a deceiver)!

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Rumours that come from Hirobyte are ones that I trust wholeheartedly, so it's great to see Xerneas and Yveltal's types revealed as they are. That would have meant that Clefairy might be pure Fairy, which is neat. It also means that Togekiss becomes Fairy instead of Normal, so I would look forward to that.

To be honest, I am surprised to see that some of the PokeBeach rumours are revealed to be real, especially the Inkay and Malimar one.

The only rumour that I hope isn't true is the starter evolution types, because I felt that the types doesn't fit well for them, especially Chespin (I actually hope that Chespin is anything but Dark or Flying). Then again, I am yet to see the final result, so I might be wrong on this one.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Fairy type =/= only cute, pink and fluffy.

There are all kinds of fairies even deceptive ones.

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    To be honest, I am surprised to see that some of the PokeBeach rumours are revealed to be real...
    If the first set is all real, this would explain the reports that they were taken to task for leaking it out.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, that set of rumors I remember being posted on /vp/, it just included the information WPM posted that everyone and their mother did because, well, most people believed it was authentic and thus it made more rumors authentic sounding.

But the Pokebeach rumor was also a lot of information at once. All of it just little things, sure, but how many pebbles can you roll down a hill without causing an avalanche?

Cloudy Skies is a Dark-type move that causes fog for five turns.
    Sounds believable to me. Remember that dense fog WAS an actual weather condition in Sinnoh, but only in Sinnoh. Does it also boost Dark-type moves by 50% (or reduce accuracy of all non-Dark moves) ?

Horde encounters are a bit tougher because five Pokémon can attack a slower Pokémon in a row, but their levels are lower than normal encounters to balance it out.
    That was pretty much the first thing I observed about them during their original reveal in the E3 trailers, the wild Pokemon were shown at about half the level of the player's single Mon.

Interacting with your Pokémon with Pokemon-Amie raises what’s called a Bond Level. The Bond Level affects the rate at which a Pokémon becomes friendly, with higher Bond Levels also granting special effects in battle. Sometimes the Pokémon will turn to await a command and the trainer will say to aim for a weak spot, resulting in a critical hit. Other times the player may command the Pokémon to dodge a move, even ones that are normally 100% accurate.
    But 100% accuracy is 'only' 100% accuracy, evasion or accuracy modifiers still take effect. I'm curious would this also work against moves that normally never miss?

The stat screen now has two gauges for each stat called “Potential" (IVs) and “Effort" (EVs). These are only shown in a roundabout way; the Effort meter is just a progress bar like Exp., while the Potential meter rates each stat’s potential on a 5-star scale. There is also a facility called the PokéDojo where you can train your Pokemon.
    Sounds believable, because I really doubt GF will ever allow directly viewing IVs or EVs.

- Litleo will evolve into a Fire/Poison Manticore and the wolf will evolve into an Ice/Fighting Werewolf to counter it
    Calling fake for now -- Ice cannot counter Fire and Fighting cannot counter Poison.

LinkBacks (?)