RNG Help Thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: RNG Help Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: RNG Help Thread

Found it! My secret ID is 03296! Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind. For some reason, my eggs aren't turning out shiny. Could someone else please confirm my secret ID? My Trainer ID is 08622.
    Last edited by Fudgenuggets; 21st February 2011 at 01:22 AM.
    CLAMIMED: Loves to eat!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Troggy View Post
    How did you calculate it without knowing his Trainer ID? Did you already know his Trainer ID from trading with him or something?

It's not hard to do by hand using this guide, but you definitely need the TID in addition to the PID of the shiny Pokemon.
    ugh i shouldn't do stuff like that late at night - i got 03296 this morning on a fresh head (doh!)

(i'd missed out the TID line - oh dear...)
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

Blog Entries

Well the coin flip tells me that it's right, but I'm still not getting shiny eggs.

I used repel before I saved in Route 229 to catch the level 50 Pokemon. I reset the game and find the first Pokemon I see with my level 50 Ditto. I enter the Pokemon's stats to find the seed and check the shiny box and choose DPPt Egg PID International (using a Japanese Ditto and my Cubone). I pick one from the list and follow the Poketch taps and coin flips. After that, I go to Solaceon Town to put Ditto (Japanese) and Cubone (mine) into the daycare. I bike around until the old man has an egg. I pick it up and eventually hatch it, but it's not shiny.

Am I doing something wrong?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgenuggets View Post
    Well the coin flip tells me that it's right, but I'm still not getting shiny eggs.

I used repel before I saved in Route 229 to catch the level 50 Pokemon. I reset the game and find the first Pokemon I see with my level 50 Ditto. I enter the Pokemon's stats to find the seed and check the shiny box and choose DPPt Egg PID International (using a Japanese Ditto and my Cubone). I pick one from the list and follow the Poketch taps and coin flips. After that, I go to Solaceon Town to put Ditto (Japanese) and Cubone (mine) into the daycare. I bike around until the old man has an egg. I pick it up and eventually hatch it, but it's not shiny.

does the nature/ability/gender match? that may help fault-finding

also (silly question here) do you switch from an app to the "jump" app then never switch back to it? every time you switch to that app it advances the frame so don't start on that app (switch to it then do the taps then switch away - DON'T switch back to it!)
    yo son

Blog Entries

Nothing matches and yes, I always make sure my Poketch isn't on the friend checker app before doing anything else.

why do you reset the game after catching the level 50 pokemon? catch the poke and use its stats in the process. no need to reset unless you do not find an egg at a good frame.
    Deuce's Dominion of Demonic Doppelgängers
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=52233

Blog Entries

What I meant was that I use repel, save, THEN reset the game. I turn it back on and catch the Pokemon.

powered by the sun farewell, friend's Avatar

Follow farewell, friend on Tumblr

Are you sure your SID is correct? It sounds like a problem concerning your SID.
    I'm the essence of
    daydreamer. time-waster. black and white painter.
    in an upside-down world.
    eyes closed. dreams unfold. ascending realities; open to me.

What I meant was that I use repel, save, THEN reset the game. I turn it back on and catch the Pokemon.
    are you updating the time when you reset? or are you still using the original time you start the game?
    Deuce's Dominion of Demonic Doppelgängers
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=52233

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deuce View Post
    are you updating the time when you reset? or are you still using the original time you start the game?
    Yup. I update the time from my computer, which I synchronized with my DS.

Blog Entries

Yup. I update the time from my computer, which I synchronized with my DS.
    set your DS to show the actual time on the DS before entering the game rather than going straight to the game when switching it on as i know mine loses time & doesn't fully synch with my PC (also be aware if the time on the DS passes the around 45 second mark you have to enter the following minute)

also i've RNG'd a shiny egg using your TID & SID so VM me one evening UK time (about 12 hours from now) & i'll trade it over - that will help determine if your SID is correct

if the one i RNG'd doesn't work i can double-check the IV's on your random encounter shiny just in case they've been calculated wrong - we can start again from there

(silly question here so don't think i'm patronising you dude but you are double-tapping the happiness app so they jump every time aren't you? it only counts as "1 tap" when they actually jump - having the sound on helps a bit there)
    yo son

Quote Originally Posted by siburke939 View Post
    (silly question here so don't think i'm patronising you dude but you are double-tapping the happiness app so they jump every time aren't you? it only counts as "1 tap" when they actually jump - having the sound on helps a bit there)
    I was thinking this could potentially be the problem, since it's not likely to not get a shiny AND miss your target frame unless you are doing some part of the procedure incorrectly.

If the ID/SID combo doesn't work, I'd recommend sending any random Pokemon obtained in this game to someone who can do an exact SID check. I know RoC does those in his thread. I can also check SIDs.
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

Blog Entries

OK, so I'm stuck. I let siburke try it out with my TID and SID, but the eggs aren't turning out shiny either. Does anyone now any other solutions?

Blog Entries

first thing you should do is catch a fresh pokemon in the game you want to RNG on & get your SID checked here: awesome SID checker while you're there get the shiny onix checked too - something doesn't add up...
    yo son

I've got a small annoyance going on. Any help would be appreciated.
    I caught a shiny Geodude in the wild something like 2 years ago (just after Pearl and Diamond came out). I've never tried to RNG for a shiny, but I've always been successful at getting gender, nature, and ability pat.
    I don't want to RNG for IVs, mind you.

This is the first time and most likely the only time I'll ever be doing this..
    I want a shiny pick up Pachirisu. Generate it on my Pearl and then transfer to my White.

So I used the PID finder provided by Smogon ( http://users.smogon.com/X-Act/IVtoPID.html ) to make sure I have my SID correct. But when I enter in Golem's IVs, I get 2 completely different results. The first one is what I came up with when I did it by hand before this app was created and the second one is just.. off the wall. I've tried both SIDs and I am still not hatching a shiny.
    Thing is, I don't know which one is the correct one.

Golem's IVs: 29/7/28/0/1/16 Lonely natured.
    Trainer ID: 42615

first SID I got: 07096
    second SID I got: 11016

Some one help?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast