RNG Help Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: RNG Help Thread

Masudaing for charmander WyattRAY's Avatar

Default RNG Help Thread

Got questions about RNGing? Need help finding your Code? Really confused on where to start? Post Here!

First question

I'm 100% new to this and I've been doing my research (I have poketimer and rng reporter I've followed just about every tutorial I cam find) but no matter what I do or try it just doesnt come up with the results I want. I might have narrowed the problem down to maybe two things my SID and my ability to use pikatimer.

When it comes to my SID it seems as though every way to find it without AR codes is to have a shiny pokemon chained caught or hatched the only shiny in hg is the gyarados in the lake of rage will this work as a reference to find my SID?(i may have f'd this up by training him 8 levels I was unaware of RNGing at the time)

And about pikatimer the calibrated delay the wanted delay calibrated second and wanted second have me pretty much stumped

I realize this will probably meen nothing but I'll offer shinys up the butt of who ever makes this RNGing clear to me(like u need my shinys u can make ur own)

Any help is greatly appreciated
    Last edited by DCM; 30th November 2010 at 10:16 PM.
    I'm new so please don't hate me heartgolds my one and only ds game and I have no friends my friend code is: 5242 8210 4573 Any advice or help is appreciated!!! ps timezone GMT -7
    Pokemon caught with pokeball: ho-oh shiny gyrados

Default Re: RNG Help Thread

I'm trying to get started. I did manage to find my SID by finding the IV's of a shiny I caught. I just don't get much of the synchronizing thing. Like, what do I want the time the seed says to be hit at? Like if It says 15:05:00, do I wanna be walking around at that time, or just be starting the game then?
    Fyi this is in soul silver. I do understand the prof.elm codes, but knowing them is of no use if the seed won't start.

Soul Silver FC:0861-5428-7860
    White FC:3181-5583-7810

Help me reach 1,000 views!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5wt5JVLQ1w

Just a housewife! Izumi Curtis's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

wyatt, do you have the exact ivs of the gyarados?

"One is All, All is One",

Izumi Curtis

Masudaing for charmander WyattRAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Guardian View Post
    wyatt, do you have the exact ivs of the gyarados?
    Im working on it since ive battled with it the ev's throw off rngrecorders Sid finder
    I'm new so please don't hate me heartgolds my one and only ds game and I have no friends my friend code is: 5242 8210 4573 Any advice or help is appreciated!!! ps timezone GMT -7
    Pokemon caught with pokeball: ho-oh shiny gyrados

Blog Entries

I am interested in RNGing, but my only problem is that the program will not work. I also think I got my SIDs mixed up. Although I do have a natural shiny to IV check and find my SID with. THis is on Diamond, btw.

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Blog Entries

not sure if this is the best place to post it but some of you that already have RNG sussed may find this useful: <CLICKY!>

basically it's a very simple spreadsheet with all the recommended Smogon natures on it so if you're just RNGing for no particular pokemon you can see what nature RNGReporter kicks out & breed a fitting pokemon accordingly - hit "View" then "List view" so it works better

Smogon = recommended by them / X = not recommended / N = neutral nature

(i'd recommend saving it as i don't know what the hosting limits are on google docs so they may just pull it down)
    Last edited by siburke939; 3rd December 2010 at 07:24 AM.
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

Blog Entries

OK, I have the program, SID, ID, and all, but I have a question.
    I understand perfectly how to hatch flawless pokemon and how to hatch shinies. But how do you combine the two, and hatch shiny flawless pokemon? That's what i"m unsure of.

Made by Blue Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Battler View Post
    OK, I have the program, SID, ID, and all, but I have a question.
    I understand perfectly how to hatch flawless pokemon and how to hatch shinies. But how do you combine the two, and hatch shiny flawless pokemon? That's what i"m unsure of.
    You don't 'combine' the two, they are separate steps. First make the shiny egg, but don't pick it up from the daycare. Then do the RNG process to make it have the IVs you want. Everything except the IVs is set when the egg is created, so leave the egg and then RNG for its IVs :]
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Troggy View Post
    You don't 'combine' the two, they are separate steps. First make the shiny egg, but don't pick it up from the daycare. Then do the RNG process to make it have the IVs you want. Everything except the IVs is set when the egg is created, so leave the egg and then RNG for its IVs :]
    Ahh.. OK, thanks!
    One more question. While RNGing, how do you do it on HGSS, since there's no Poketch

Made by Blue Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Battler View Post
    Ahh.. OK, thanks!
    One more question. While RNGing, how do you do it on HGSS, since there's no Poketch
    It's the same general idea, you just advance the frames differently and check your seed differently. I could explain it all, but I think it'd be easier if you read through the HG/SS information here.
    Banner courtesy of TwilightBlade

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

Um, I'm really confused. I want to RNG for flawless Pokemon, but I'm 13 and don't understand this tech-y talk. Anyone know an easier way to explain it?

Default Help RNG'ing

I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE TO PUT THIS THREAD. PLEASE MOVE IF IT ISN'T.

Anyway... I have recently started trying to RNG, and I get to the part where you have to insert the date and time (RNG reporter), I follow the steps that a guide says to follow, yet I always get "no reasonable seed found" I tried doing what it said to do (modify the date and time), but it doesn't work. help please?
    Want A free mew? (more or less)
    Place Of Buying (VM offers)

The Pro Tip: Kill ALL audinos that come your way :)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Help RNG'ing

Quote Originally Posted by BidoofOfSkillz View Post
    I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE TO PUT THIS THREAD. PLEASE MOVE IF IT ISN'T.

Anyway... I have recently started trying to RNG, and I get to the part where you have to insert the date and time (RNG reporter), I follow the steps that a guide says to follow, yet I always get "no reasonable seed found" I tried doing what it said to do (modify the date and time), but it doesn't work. help please?
    assuming you're catching pokemon to do the "find seed by stats" thing it could be caused by taking too long to catch a pokemon or by putting the wrong time in - when you start the game it takes about 15 seconds to begin so take that into account when inputting the time - also check the date is correct as it's an easy mistake to make - lastly make sure you use 24hr timings (10:30pm = 22:30hrs)

however if it's saying catch a higher level pokemon then catch one at level 50 or higher - it works with lower levels but not all the time
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Panpour View Post
    Um, I'm really confused. I want to RNG for flawless Pokemon, but I'm 13 and don't understand this tech-y talk. Anyone know an easier way to explain it?
    It's not difficult to understand at all. Have you seen any of the instructional videos on Youtube?

Before posting in Battle Strategies, please read the rules and simple questions stickies!

Still rating competitive teams via VM/PM, as well as accepting questions or discussion about battle strategies.
    Pro-tip: Wondercard events can't be shiny unless they're set to be always shiny like PCP.

Quote Originally Posted by Panpour View Post
    it really doesn't matter how old you are, the instructions shouldn't be that difficult.

riski's guides are pretty much the best:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73585

post #8

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast