I have been back and forth on this question for about a year now, and just wanted to see what other people think. So I ask you, is RNG legit or cheating? Through my time deciding this, I have commonly heard these arguments among MANY others.
It's not cheating:
1.You aren't altering the game's coding in any way
2. The developers could have changed how eggs worked if they didn't like it
3. It's still difficult (and thus skillful) because you have to find your secret ID, which isn't always easy
4. It's impossible to compete against other players competitively without doing it
It is cheating:
1. The developer's did not intend people to RNG
2. You still require an outside resource in order to do it
3. Breeding was made difficult on purpose, to prevent this exact thing from happening.
4. If you don't have time to breed Pokemon the right way, then you shouldn't be competing competitively at all. Go play Pokemon Online or Shoddy Battle if you can't take the time to breed
there are PLENTY more things to consider, but these are the main ones I could rally off the top of my head. What do you think?