Retcons you'd like to see - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Retcons you'd like to see

What news from the Mark?! IS1296's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Retcons you'd like to see

getting rid of the flying typing on Gyarados. Make it Dragon or pure Water.

• Have Male Kirlias evolve into Gallade, females evolve into Gardevoir.
    • Have it so all trade evolution pokemon have an alternate way of evolving (e.g. Evolve Scyther by trading with a metal coat, or reach level 40 with a metal coat).
    • Remove Gyarados' Flying type.
    • Increase the accuracy of Rock Slide and Iron Tail.
    • I'd rearrange the national dex so each regional section has it's starters followed directly by the regional birds, then at the end of of the pokedex have pseudo legendary line followed by the trio legendaries and the rest of the legendaries. An example for Kanto would be: Bulbasaur line, Charmander line, Squirtle line, Pidgey line, Rattata line, ....., Dratini line, legendary trio and Mew duo. And for Johto: Chikorita line, Cyndaquil line, Totodile line, Hoothoot line, Sentret line , ..., Larvitar line, Beats, Tower duo, Celebi.
    • Have the RSE rival appear so you see their final starter form.
    • Hugh would catch more pokemon early on the game, he goes through most of the game with just his starter, the monkey and Unfezant.
    • All Gen 2 would be catchable within the Johto region.
    • Instead of version exclusives, the pokemon would simply be harder to get in the other version.

Quote Originally Posted by SimH5 View Post
    Instead of version exclusives, the pokemon would simply be harder to get in the other version.
    Caterpie/Weedle, Nidorans, and Sawk/Throh.
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Blog Entries
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

Fairies are out of existence and steel resists ghost and dark again.

Poison is strong against water.

Ice resists dragon.

Golduck is water-psychic, Noctowl is psychic-flying, and Staraptor is fighting-flying.

Mega evolutions are out of existence.

Lopunny is female-only, and Mr. Mime is male-only.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spyspotter View Post

Ice resists dragon.

Golduck is water-psychic, Noctowl is psychic-flying, and Staraptor is fighting-flying.

I agree with these but I don't understand the Poison-water one. I can understand Grass and Electric being strong against water but Poison?

Remove the Fairy Type out of existance. Pure Fairies, Sylveon, Swirlix etc are now Normal type.
    Return the type chart to how it was pre gen 6.
    Remove Mega Evolutions, albeit allow some Pokemon (Pinsir etc) with room for more evos, to keep them as actual evolutions but with new names and ways of evolving.

Bring back the challange mode from BW2.
    Allow Pokemon to walk behind us again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SimH5 View Post
    Instead of version exclusives, the pokemon would simply be harder to get in the other version.
    Caterpie/Weedle, Nidorans, and Sawk/Throh.
    Exactly, I think they should just do this for all pokemon that would otherwise be completely exclusive. It still encourages trading but doesn't enforce it.

Quote Originally Posted by DasManiac View Post

Ice resists dragon.

I agree with these but I don't understand the Poison-water one. I can understand Grass and Electric being strong against water but Poison?
    Water pollution. Pollution poisons the land, air, and water.

I know, I'm not the person who posted that, nor do I agree with everything listed (Mr. Mime kind of, but that's only because its English name implies that it's male, while the Japanese name, Barrierd, has no such implications) (I especially disagree with the fairy-type and mega evolutions because those are new and have plenty of time to grow on people who are open-minded (based on observation, Genwunner is the opposite), and may even win over some of the detractors (really, it seems like Pokémon has adopted the Zelda cycle with this kind of stuff)), but poison being strong against water makes sense when you think about what water pollution really is.
    3DS FC: 4613-7040-4375 Michael

My new favorite quote, courtesy of Cell in Dragon Ball Z Abridged episode 43: "Wanna see me drink this guy?!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior of Fire View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DasManiac View Post

Ice resists dragon.

Water pollution. Pollution poisons the land, air, and water.

I know, I'm not the person who posted that, nor do I agree with everything listed (Mr. Mime kind of, but that's only because its English name implies that it's male, while the Japanese name, Barrierd, has no such implications) (I especially disagree with the fairy-type and mega evolutions because those are new and have plenty of time to grow on people who are open-minded (based on observation, Genwunner is the opposite), and may even win over some of the detractors (really, it seems like Pokémon has adopted the Zelda cycle with this kind of stuff)), but poison being strong against water makes sense when you think about what water pollution really is.
    Ah, makes sense now. I wouldn't mind seeing Poison become super effective against water. Maybe if a player uses Smog during Rain Dance, the rain would become Acid Rain and damage all non Poison types.

Quote Originally Posted by Genwunner
    Remove the Fairy Type out of existance. Pure Fairies, Sylveon, Swirlix etc are now Normal type.
    What are you guys talking about??? We NEEDED the Fairy-type. I do not like the concept of it being "Fairy", but we needed something that would stop the extremely broken Dragon-type :S
    (Rumor has it Joey's Rattata has 31 IVs in all its stats.)>

Blog Entries
    Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

- Make the per-turn damage from elemental trapping moves (Fire Spin, Sand Tomb, etc.) actually elemental damage. E.g. if you use Fire Spin on a Parasect or Snover (4x weak to Fire), it takes 1/4HP per turn instead of the usual 1/16th.
    I thought it did that in the first place.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post

What are you guys talking about??? We NEEDED the Fairy-type. I do not like the concept of it being "Fairy", but we needed something that would stop the extremely broken Dragon-type :S
    Fairies? Needed? We're talking about the same fairies here, right? All it took was an Abomasnow with NeverMeltIce and Blizzard to 1HKO 95% of dragons I ever feasted my eyes on in the metagame! In other terms, dragons are easily dealt with if you know how to deal with them.
    Last edited by Spyspotter; 16th October 2013 at 03:52 PM.

Fairies? Needed? We're talking about the same fairies here, right? All it took was an Abomasnow with NeverMeltIce and Blizzard to 1HKO 95% of dragons I ever feasted my eyes on in the metagame! In other terms, dragons are easily dealt with if you know how to deal with them.
    Yeah, but what Dragon were you dealing with? I'm sure it wasn't a Fire Fang-using Garchomp, because it that was the case, your Abomasnow wouldn't even be able to tell that story. We needed something that stopped Dragons from being so abusive, and what better than having a type that is completely immune to it? Plus, the Poison-type needed a buff and the Steel-type needed to be better offensively.
    (Rumor has it Joey's Rattata has 31 IVs in all its stats.)>

Blog Entries

Yeah, but what Dragon were you dealing with? I'm sure it wasn't a Fire Fang-using Garchomp, because it that was the case, your Abomasnow wouldn't even be able to tell that story. We needed something that stopped Dragons from being so abusive, and what better than having a type that is completely immune to it? Plus, the Poison-type needed a buff and the Steel-type needed to be better offensively.
    First off, I bred that Abomasnow to have 31 IVs in defenses (only took a few tries).

Well, if you want to boost Poison, then give it a strength against water (which is starting to get overpowered). And Steel was meant to be nothing special offensively but be awesome defensively (though Nintendo had to ruin that too). So, make a type strong against 3 of the most commonly used types, and make it weak only to an underpowered type and a defensive one, and what do you get? An overpowered type, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post

- Make the per-turn damage from elemental trapping moves (Fire Spin, Sand Tomb, etc.) actually elemental damage. E.g. if you use Fire Spin on a Parasect or Snover (4x weak to Fire), it takes 1/4HP per turn instead of the usual 1/16th.
    I thought it did that in the first place.
    Nope. Sure, the attack itself does elemental damage (according to its type) when used, but its trapping effect does typeless damage.
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast