Remixed music / Music Discussion - Page 10

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Remixed music / Music Discussion

Default Re: Remixed music / Music Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Winterdaze View Post
    Is Shizui's Gym an elevator? I certainly got that impression from his Gym music :P
    No, but it does sound like one. :D It's basically filled with water and you float around little docks on lily pads.

I think they'll solve the DOGARS problem on Localized versions this way:

And you?
    Visit my Pokémon Remix Channel on YouTube!
    Pokémon DPPtHGSS Reinstrumentations and more!

Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So there was a thread for this all along...why was it buried?

To the above necropost: That's an interesting idea, but I think I would like to see it like you would in the original Japanese version in the international release just because it's that catchy.
    173 tracks of pure awesome...I remember reading somewhere a translation of the booklet that comes with the official album that noted they were surprised that they actually managed to come up with enough music to fill in another Super Music Complete.

Also, I've listened to all the music on the album and that Rustboro City "remix" is used for the Live Caster minigames...according to the translation of the album.

Meanwhile, the unreleased BW tracks were as follows:
    Unity Tower on Disc 1
    Pokémon Musical "Charming Munna", "Pokémon Smash!" "Carnival Pokémon" and "MELOETTAAA!" (the downloadable Musical pieces), Pokémon World Championships Finals (of course) and Relic Song (the one used in the event where Meloetta remembers the move) on Disc 3.
    Just reference for anyone wanting to know exactly what was unreleased from the previous game. I didn't even notice that Unity Tower's music wasn't on the previous Super Music Collection!

Edit: A question - did anyone try comparing Diamond & Pearl's intro to that of Platinum's on the album? One thing I find interesting is that the "Opening Demo" track for the Diamond & Pearl Super Music Collection combined the opening with the title screen, while the B2W2 Super Music Complete version of Platinum's opening lists it as "Title (Platinum)" and...for some reason ominous-sounding "press start" as the actual title screen music.
    Last edited by Wishmaker Jirachi; 27th August 2012 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Correction on Musical title for Carnival Pokémon. 2: Adding a question.
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

It's not a bump since it has been without replies just for a month. Also, ahh no I hope they do the same they did with Pokémon Smash! musical overseas... They removed all the voices from it.

Anyway. Platinum's has no harps on the first part of the opening and has that high pitched noise and a bass string with pitch modulation. On the ending part it also has a bass string and that instrment from with modulation...
    Visit my Pokémon Remix Channel on YouTube!
    Pokémon DPPtHGSS Reinstrumentations and more!

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

Damn, I love that Virbank City theme. Been listening to the soundtrack non-stop lately.

Blog Entries

Default New Ghetsis Battle theme!!

Have any of you heard the new ghestsis battle theme!
    At the start when it does the weird sound it kinda creeps me out!

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/File:Pokemon_Black_%26_White_2_OST_Ghetsis_Battle
    Last edited by Jaden Yuki; 9th September 2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Added a link
    Get your game on!

Blog Entries

After listening to it, I have to say that "Dogars" is infuriatingly catchy. I'll be upset if they do remove the vocals from the localized version, though I figure that's the most likely outcome.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Well, the music for the Virbank Gym has been revealed and the vocals have been kept... unfortunately, for a reason I cannot possibly understand given they have the same number of letters, instead of having the band spell 'Koffing' we instead get the band spelling 'Pokémon'.

Seriously, why change what was a nice bit of uniqueness for the Gym? Do the localisation team not like Koffing for some reason? If anything, it serves to make the song sound off-kilter, since Koffing has two syllables like Dogars but Pokémon has three.

Blog Entries

^I actually kinda like it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WatcherMark View Post
    Well, the music for the Virbank Gym has been revealed and the vocals have been kept... unfortunately, for a reason I cannot possibly understand given they have the same number of letters, instead of having the band spell 'Koffing' we instead get the band spelling 'Pokémon'.

Seriously, why change what was a nice bit of uniqueness for the Gym? Do the localisation team not like Koffing for some reason? If anything, it serves to make the song sound off-kilter, since Koffing has two syllables like Dogars but Pokémon has three.
    I didn't like it either. Eww >_>.

= Breeding projects =

Current: Togepi 31-30-30-31-31-31 - Bold - HP Ice | Last: Exeggcute 31-26-31-30-31-30 - Timid - HP Fire

Blog Entries

So they went through the trouble of "translating" the lyrics, but chose a different word that still had more letters (but the same amount as Koffing!) than Dogars? Scratch that, they chose a word with more letters and more syllables when "Koffing" and "Dogars" both have two.

File this under the "WTF edits" the localisation team makes.

The Dark Pokemon Trainer Maple Man's Avatar
    Add Maple Man on Facebook

I also got to the Virbank Gym and I was annoyed that they changed "Dogars" to "Pokemon". I think this is the first time they went through the trouble of changing the audio for a place you are only going to visit once. The original Dogars song would have passed as a spelling of a nonsense word in the international release of the games. What is the point of changing it? It is not like Roxie was spelling bitchin or F*** you.
    VeggiePopper likes this.
    You think the new character and Pokemon designs suck. Well, my art degree says your arguments are invalid.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was surprised they changed the word. They kept the Japanese Villiage Bridge song in BW and have those TV shows about gratuitous Japanese, so I expected them to keep the bilingual bonus. The song's cheesy either way.

Will it be different in other languages?

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Changing it to 'Pokemon' makes sense from a localisation standpoint I suppose. It means that every other country doesn't have to go through the hassle of changing the 'lyrics' to the song, since 'Pokemon' is a universal word.
    It's a bit lame that they have to squeeeeeze the last two letters in like that to actually have it fit to the music, but eh, no big deal.

Blog Entries

Bummer...I was SO looking forward to the official Smogon-Song... ;_;

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast