The Regional Dex - Page 2

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: The Regional Dex

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Default Re: The Regional Dex

Given that its said to have "700+" Pokemon rather than rounding up to 800, I'm guessing there's gonna be around 120 max new Pokemon this gen. As for the complete dex, somewhere in the realm of 200 seems like a decent guess. B2W2 did prove that an extremely extensive dex is possible, and given the Pokemon diversity seen in the trailer, I don't think a dex of 250-300 is completely out of the realm of possibility.

Blog Entries

The only Pokemon that I really want in the regional dex are Lillipup, Herdier and Stoutland. I'm thinking there's a pretty strong chance they'll be in there, so I'm happy.

With regards to the whole regional dex - I hope it's a mix of brand new Pokemon and Unova Pokemon. That'd tie in nicely with the fact that the region is clearly based on France/Western Europe and similarities in the Regional dex with that of Unova would work well with the whole Western culture thing.

Unova introduced lots of Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon post-game and I saw that as acceptable because there is a massive Asian influence on culture in the United States. Far more so than in Western Europe.

I'd like Game Freak to keep a lot of the Pokemon (if not all) from the first 4 Gens as unavailable unless by trade in these new games. I know that's highly unlikely but I just don't want the regions to lose more and more of their identity as the Gens go on.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I think 150 (+Mythical Pokèmon) is the best size for a regional Pokèdex. Not too big, not too small. B2W2's 300 was definitely way too big. I don't think the number of new Pokèmon we'll receive will make 200 viable without there being too many old Pokèmon (I think a 2:1 or even 3:1 ratio of new to old should be used).

Blog Entries

Hmm... depending on how many new Mons will be introduced depends on how big or small the dex will be. If they introduce, say... 125 new Pokemon, give or take, and added in roughly 75-80 old ones, then we could hit 200 pretty easily. B2W2 Unova Dex was the largest to date, with 300 (not including Keldeo, Meloetta, Victini, and Genesect), but it proved that a large dex is not impossible. It can be a lot, but it wasn't impossible to complete (as long as it's not a "gotta catch 'em all" type). So it depends. If they introduce 80-100 new Mons, then the dex will probably be pretty small, but if they introduce 100-150, then the dex could easily get pretty big. So it's hard to say, but I'll say about 200, give or take. That's a safe bet, for now, anyway.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries

I'm thinking 200 to 250-pokémon Regional Dex, with a handful each region. Well, I'd like more than a handful of Gen 5 Pokémon, since those are what I really want to see again.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Zeb
    making a splash Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

The Karos Pokédex will be separated into three areas: Central Karos Pokédex, Coastal Karos Pokédex and Mountain Karos Pokédex
    Central Karos Pokédex has at least 77 Pokémon in it
    Coastal Karos Pokédex has at least 51 Pokémon in it
    Mountain Karos Pokédex has at least 6 Pokémon in it
    From Corocoro. Courtesy of Serebii.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Looks like a pretty substantial regional dex. I wonder how many of those are new Pokemon and how many are older ones. Id personally like a lot of focus to be on the new Pokemon, but older Pokemon add more choices and variety.

Follow Meophist On Twitter

I like big dexes since they give a good deal of variety in any given playthrough. Sometimes it could be annoying basically only having a handful of choices in a given type.

I'm hoping for Spinark/Ariados(/new evolution) in this new dex.

Blog Entries

Are we sure that the split isn't just the Pokémon being broken up into habitat, like in FRLG?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Are we sure that the split isn't just the Pokémon being broken up into habitat, like in FRLG?
    The text says that the area's been split into three, so I think that's unlikely. It doesn't mean there can't be any overlap between the regions though.

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

It could possibly be big, but what if there's older pokemon included in it?

Also, if those are complete numbers, Mountainous Karos doesn't seem to have many pokemon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
    The text says that the area's been split into three, so I think that's unlikely. It doesn't mean there can't be any overlap between the regions though.
    As in, the Karos region being split into three? Hmm...that could be interesting.

More water than Hoenn confirmed?

As in, the Karos region being split into three? Hmm...that could be interesting.

More water than Hoenn confirmed?
    Not necessarily "split" as I don't think there are actual barriers between the regions, but there appears to be some sort of separation, at least for the Pokédex. The text itself reads: 広大なエリアを3つに分けて、ポケモンたちを登録していく。

Somebody else who understands Japanese can confirm.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    The Karos Pokédex will be separated into three areas: Central Karos Pokédex, Coastal Karos Pokédex and Mountain Karos Pokédex
    Referring to Generation 6 Pokémon specifically? Meaning that there will be at least 134 new Pokémon?

Or is that the Regional Pokédex in general, including Pokémon from past generations?

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Referring to Generation 6 Pokémon specifically? Meaning that there will be at least 134 new Pokémon?

Or is that the Regional Pokédex in general, including Pokémon from past generations?
    I'm pretty sure it's just the regional dex; it doesn't specifically say anything about new or old Pokémon.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast