Rearrange The National Dex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Rearrange The National Dex

追放されたバカ

Cool Rearrange The National Dex

If you were asked by Game Freak to rearrange the National Dex how would you do it?

Here is what I would change.

Summary;
    Last edited by BillSpringerJr; 4th February 2013 at 10:01 AM.
    Berrenta, sonic10158 and Zen-Aku like this.

Fury will consume you! Olaf-symbiote's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Rearrange The National Dex

I'd only rearrange evolutions/pre-evos, myself. I don't mind about the starters/legendaries/pseudo-legendaries being where they currently are. Oh, and Victini should really be Pokémon #000 even in the National Dex
    sonic10158 likes this.
    Dr. Jeremiah Surd from The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest is my all time favorite villain, beating even Ganondorf from the Zelda series!

Well, if I were to rearrange the dex, one thing I'd do is make it so that Nidoran M and F are the same species, just with gender differences, and treat their evolutions sort of like Gardevoir and Gallade (spelling?). Sure, we'd have to remove one number from the the list, but it would make more sense, and let us breed Nidoran males (unless they already fixed that. I haven't tried it yet).
    BillSpringerJr likes this.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Ramphorynchoid View Post
    Well, if I were to rearrange the dex, one thing I'd do is make it so that Nidoran M and F are the same species, just with gender differences, and treat their evolutions sort of like Gardevoir and Gallade (spelling?). Sure, we'd have to remove one number from the the list, but it would make more sense, and let us breed Nidoran males (unless they already fixed that. I haven't tried it yet).
    Also, they should make it so Nidorina and Nidoqueen can breed too. Its pretty odd that the baby of the family is the only one that can breed eggs.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Id just keep all evolutionary families together ( ex. Pichu>Pikachu>Raichu; Snorunt>Glalie>Froslass) and have Event Pokemon at the very end. Im not all that picky about the Nat Dex, but Id like all evolutinoary families like I described to be together.

I'd put Arceus last.

As Difficult as it may be to understand, it actually makes sense that they are separate Species when you consider a divergence evolution theory.

The real question is why is it that Nidoqueen is the one not able to breed, instead of Nidoking, as one would assume predicted by the divergence evolution theory.

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

I think of the two Nidoran lines as an example of more extensive sexual dimorphism, which we see also in other types of Pokemon, such as Unfezant and Frillish for example. But I think it would be a pain to combine the two lines (and really caring about how well Pokemon and biology fits would just introduce a lot of headaches).

I don't care whether all the starters are combined or whether all the legendaries are combined, but I would like to see evolutionary families together.

Blog Entries

Personally, I think the national dex. would be good either way as long as the regional dex. would stay in numerical order. I think an option that allows you to swap off between the two versions would be nice to have, though.

In my opinion, the separation between the Nidos' is appropriate if you consider all the differences between the two genders.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    As Difficult as it may be to understand, it actually makes sense that they are separate Species when you consider a divergence evolution theory.

The real question is why is it that Nidoqueen is the one not able to breed, instead of Nidoking, as one would assume predicted by the divergence evolution theory.
    May you please elaborate a bit, or point me to something that might help me understand this a little more?
    I might be able to understand this (I do know a little on this general subject), but my brain doesn't seem to want to grasp what you said.

May you please elaborate a bit, or point me to something that might help me understand this a little more?
    I might be able to understand this (I do know a little on this general subject), but my brain doesn't seem to want to grasp what you said.
    Well, I'll try my best.

Basically, it's like this. The Theory is that Pokemon Evolution is always in Motion;
    As Pokemon gain newer Evolutions as time goes by, first Stage evolutions tend to fall off,
    getting replaced by later Evolutions or becoming extinct (much like real-life evolution theory.)

In the case of Nidoran, Nidoran is once thought to have been a single species,
    But over time, their each respected species diverged, specializing along gender.
    This is prior to there being a Nidorino/Nidorina 2rd stage Evolution,
    whichcame about as a result of the gender specialization and
    Nidoking/Nidoqueen arose when Moonstones were introduced.

As a result, the original species of Nidoran that was composed of both Genders now no longer exists,
    Only Nidoran (male) and Nidoran (female) remains.
    Last edited by TheCableGuy; 6th February 2013 at 05:03 PM.

追放されたバカ

Well, I'll try my best.

Basically, it's like this. The Theory is that Pokemon Evolution is always in Motion;
    As Pokemon gain newer Evolutions as time goes by, first Stage evolutions tend to fall off,
    getting replaced by later Evolutions or becoming extinct (much like real-life evolution theory.)

In the case of Nidoran, Nidoran is once thought to have been a single species,
    But over time, their each respected species diverged, specializing along gender.
    This is prior to there being a Nidorino/Nidorina 2rd stage Evolution,
    whichcame about as a result of the gender specialization and
    Nidoking/Nidoqueen arose when Moonstones were introduced.

As a result, the original species of Nidoran that was composed of both Genders now no longer exists,
    Only Nidoran (male) and Nidoran (female) remains.
    Makes sense to me. Now all they need to do is make the original Nidoran a fossil Pokémon.

You think the original looked more like a Nidoran, Nidorina/o, or Nidoqueen/king?
    Last edited by BillSpringerJr; 6th February 2013 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSpringerJr View Post
    Makes sense to me. Now all they need to do is make the original Nidoran a fossil Pokémon.

You think the original looked more like a Nidoran, Nidorina/o, or Nidoqueen/king?
    Whether or not Nidoran (m)/(f) were actually "evolutions" of the Prior Pokemon or if they actually
    arose from with-in the same Species as gender differentiating forms could be debated.
    Personally, I'd vote the latter.

So, more then likely, the Species in which Nidoran(m)/(f) originated from was more similar to Nidoran.

追放されたバカ

Whether or not Nidoran (m)/(f) were actually "evolutions" of the Prior Pokemon or if they actually
    arose from with-in the same Species as gender differentiating forms could be debated.
    Personally, I'd vote the latter.

So, more then likely, the Species in which Nidoran(m)/(f) originated from was more similar to Nidoran.
    Do you this at one point Plusle and Minun shared an ancestor?

Do you this at one point Plusle and Minun shared an ancestor?
    Highly likely.

Although there is a Theory that they are a form of parallel, symbiotic co-evolution
    although that theory still includes (or at least doesn't discount) a common ancestor.
    Such a theory states that their Plus/Minus aspects evolved only after branching off of a single species
    and the development of their each respective Polarity is a result of their Symbiotic Relationship.

Then again, it's also possible that both are a form of spontaneously generated Life-forms
    embodiments of Electricity and as such, have no previous original ancestor.
    We've seen that before and we know that Pokemon have all kinds of Origins.
    Last edited by TheCableGuy; 6th February 2013 at 07:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast