Is it really worth the money? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it really worth the money?

Default Re: Is it really worth the money?

Yes, by all means. Go get the online Walmart version with the mini-fig and the cool black pokewalker cover for the same price as you'd pay normally. OR, save cash and get it slightly cheeper at Amazon.

Ya, I have 400+ hours logged on my HG version and 60+ hours on my SS version. You need to buy BOTH versions IF you can. My first pokewalker broke (so I bought SS) and I never really cared too much, I could still get items, it just didn't count steps (but strangely I still got watts)

I played the originals like 10 times each, so I see no need in buying the newer versions. They won't be much extras, just an expanded storyline and better graphics. Buying them would just be too repetitive for me, I don't like going back to past games.
    4 Times.
    92, 06, 09, 11.
    Wembly, Paris, Rome, Wembly.
    Sampdoria, Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester United.
    Johan Cruyff, Frank Rijkaard, Josep Guardiola.

We Conquered Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Wiiunite View Post
    Ya, I have 400+ hours logged on my HG version and 60+ hours on my SS version. You need to buy BOTH versions IF you can. My first pokewalker broke (so I bought SS) and I never really cared too much, I could still get items, it just didn't count steps (but strangely I still got watts)
    You don't need to buy both. They're the same game and the only differences in them are the occasional different types (like getting Growlithe in HG and Vulpix in SS).

So you don't NEED to buy BOTH. I have SS and my fiance has HG so I'm able to get those pokemon I don't have. tada.

If you want it, buy it. If you don't want it don't buy it.

Registered User blade of blackness's Avatar

its a great game and worth it all its so addictive

Yes. To be honest, HG/SS is ten times better than D/P/P. That's just my opinion though - mostly because I didn't like the fourth gen. of Pokémon, and loved the second gen. But the game is seriously good, graphics have a big improvement over D/P/P, and some other things as well. The Pokéwalker is a nice addition as well.

Stranger than you dreamt Batbloodx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Come on, you're asking a bunch of Nerds/Gamers/Pokemon fans if a video game that was a long-anticipated "remake" of a widely popular classic Pokemon game was worth the money?

Did you think we would say "no?"
    You're running after something that you'll never kill; if this what you want, then fire at will...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo10 View Post
    I played the originals like 10 times each, so I see no need in buying the newer versions. They won't be much extras, just an expanded storyline and better graphics. Buying them would just be too repetitive for me, I don't like going back to past games.
    They have enough add-ons to justify getting them even if you have the originals. A number of people can confirm this.

Blog Entries

Oh yes definitely. There's just so many new and awesome features added to the original storyline of GS, and I love the Pokeathlon. Honestly, I hardly ever put down my DS Lite, and I also bought a 360 the same day I got SoulSilver. That's saying something!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12