A Really, Really, Close Call....

Thread: A Really, Really, Close Call....

Default A Really, Really, Close Call....

anyways, just a few minutes ago, I had one of those "really, really close calls" with my diamond version. it all started when I was looking to glitch myself a shaymin. so I performed the tweaking glitch, and did all the steps, up until I couldn't go any farther. I hadn't reached the required amount of steps yet, so I figured I would just restart in the mystery zone, where it last told me to save my game. so I did, and I started the long trek again of 64,300 steps north. after about ten minutes, I figured this is taking too long, and I could do it anytime. so I figured I had my staraptor, who could just fly out of there, and I went about going to perform the deed to fly back to jubilife city. Uh-oh. My character didn't show up on the sinnoh map and the placeholder where you choose what city you want to fly to wasn't there. now I started to freak out. I knew that when I was biking the whole way in the mystery zone, some city names would pop up randomly, but not the city- it would stay dark. so I thought I could run up to the point where one of the random city names would show up and then fly out from there. nope. that didn't work Either, and now I was getting REALLY scared. So I sat there for a few minutes hopelessly thinking of some miraculous way of getting out of the abyss, when I spark of inspiration struck me. Sometimes when you were running, the name "Turnback cave" would pop up, just like the city names. so I went about trying to fly out of there- nothing. I slumped in my chair, tears in my eyes, thinking about how I would have to start all over again. block one. When I remembered I had a few escape ropes in my bag. I always keep 5 escape ropes in my bag, even though I don't use them. I figured maybe someday I would use them to get out of a tight situation. so I looked through the bag, used one scape rope, and..... viola. There I was, safe and sound, back in good old jubilife city. I don't think I'll ever try doing that again.
    The moral of this story? I think you already know.

"Always keep an escape rope with you- no matter what. it just may save your life one day =) "

P.S. if you have a story where you got out of a sticky situation, please do tell.

Strange is Relative Dewgong Reign's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A Really, Really, Close Call....

I tried to do the GTS cloning glitch, and ended up trading my Empoleon for something impossible...

But guess what? It worked! ^^ Somehow I lost one but got the clone...

*Bulbapedias* Or maybe my memory is just being all dramatic again... It doesn't sound like the cloning glitch X.x

I've never had any really close calls. Just one time when I got stuck in Rock Tunnel or Mt. Mortar and I found that I had an Escape Rope.

You wanna fight wit' me? Vsyoravno's Avatar

I have a (less drastic) story from way back in Red, where it would have done me some good to follow your advice: I got hopelessly lost in the Seafoam Caves. No escape ropes. I ended up killing articuno, too, but that's not the point. Finally, my friend just told me to let my pokemon faint so I'd be teleported back to a pokemon center. But...my charizard was overleveled, since it was all I ever used. Then I used up the PP of every move and saw "struggle" for the first time. I had nearly struggled myself to death when I saw...the exit.

True, I was nine then, and if I went through that cave again now it likely wouldn't be a problem - but I still always make sure I carry at least two escape ropes at all times. Good to know they work in the mystery zone as well.

I still hate articuno to this day, though.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Wow, that was a close call. I have learned a valuable lesson from this.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

My friend went to the victory road in ruby, without surf and flash. He had no escape ropes or repels. I tried for 15 mins and couldn't get him out (he was blocked because of a jumping ledge). So I told him to start over, which he did.

I've had various close calls on victory road as well. I was about to black out from poisoning in red once and I saw the enterance at the last minute

The Counterweight TheArsenalRisen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

o.O Escape ropes ftw.

Visit Scarlet Devil's Youtube Channel

escape ropes, gotta love 'em

Formerly sirphish -Luster Purge-'s Avatar

I rented a pearl with the sole intention of tweaking. . Perfected tweaking got all the way there.. Just short of being able to get darkrai.. Black screen on both screens. in a panic I underground saved and restarted. When I reloaded bam.. wtf Pokemon League? I was in blackness but apparently in the leage and after 3 steps couldnt move anywhere walls of blackness and stuck in the void.Seriously sucked. It accurred to me after that if I had just reset I wouldve been at the last tweaking point but alas. irony being that two weeks later Plat got the darkrai event. Least I didnt risk my real games file.

Blog Entries

i haven't had a close call