Thread: (READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Blog Entries
    Follow Lord Dragelsnart On Twitter
    Follow Lord Dragelsnart on Tumblr

Default Re: (READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Anyone else think fairies are OP?
    Friend Code: 0087-2824-1700
    Winner of Last Poster Wins 14
    Claims: Porygon, Thunder Fang, Henry (Fire Emblem), Happy Mask Salesman, Rapier (Fire Emblem), Master Sword, Sandvich, Reach out to the Truth (Persona 4), Encounter (MGS), Meta Knight's Revenge (Kirby/Smash Bros.), Decim (Death Parade), Kaneki (Tokyo Ghoul), Lelouch (Code Geass)

Check out my blog, I review stuff! (sometimes)

Quote Originally Posted by dragelsnart View Post
    Anyone else think fairies are OP?
    Depends on what your favorite types are.
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Blog Entries
    Follow Lord Dragelsnart On Twitter
    Follow Lord Dragelsnart on Tumblr

Some normal types becoming fairies annoyed me
    Friend Code: 0087-2824-1700
    Winner of Last Poster Wins 14
    Claims: Porygon, Thunder Fang, Henry (Fire Emblem), Happy Mask Salesman, Rapier (Fire Emblem), Master Sword, Sandvich, Reach out to the Truth (Persona 4), Encounter (MGS), Meta Knight's Revenge (Kirby/Smash Bros.), Decim (Death Parade), Kaneki (Tokyo Ghoul), Lelouch (Code Geass)

Check out my blog, I review stuff! (sometimes)

Too little inverted battles. I only found one. That really wasn't enough to get the hang of it imo.

Returning to Hoenn LavenderTownGhost's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My Kalos complaint is Gyarados.

That is all.

It's a pain in the X, and its Mega Evolution is...somewhat weird looking.
    "Halloween is every day!" -Sharon Needles

Banner made by Instrutilus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hex Maniac View Post
    First, the Exp. Share defaults to on but you can switch it off. It probably defaults to ON because most people probably don't care either way or prefer not having to grind (I've said this in another thread and I'll say it again... not everyone who buys these games is like the members of this forum or even a huge fan who wants to pour a lot of time and effort into this game). You CAN switch it off if you dislike it and that's what matters. The direction wheel also defaults to enabling you to skate but if you hate skating you can just not use it.

Second, it makes pokémon get overlevelled... if you have it switched on. Unless you're the sort of person who cares about how other people play their own games, then what matters is that your pokémon don't have to be overlevelled unless you want them to. Also, for people who keep it switched on, it may not matter so much if their pokémon who are out of rotation level up faster because that's the whole point of switching it on.

It's not a big deal. I'd be much more annoyed if GF made Exp. Share compulsory and you couldn't turn it off.
    Exactly. At least you've got ways to get around. There are ways to get around even with the EXP Share on:
    - Catch more Pokemon and have more of them on your main rotation.
    - Catch Pokemon you need for Dex completion and train a full party of them until they evolve; the subtitle says "Gotta catch 'em all!" for a reason.
    - Challenge gyms with your main Pokemon unevolved (and therefore with lower stats).
    - Do a Nuzlocke run.
    - Do a Mono-type run. etc, etc

I did the top three, and I was on the same level as the gym leaders most of the time, and it was quite challenging. I even lost to Korrina in Geosenge Town pre-gym battle due to not being able to gain momentum with my attacks, and her two Lucarios outspeeding and overpowering me. And my Pokemon then were around the same as her, or 2-3 levels under, and except for Bellossom and Kirila, all were unevolved. So, yeah, it worked.

Seriously, people need to chill. As Hex said, it's not the end of the world...

Quote Originally Posted by Reudai View Post
    Too little inverted battles. I only found one. That really wasn't enough to get the hang of it imo.
    It's more of a curiosity than a serious battle mode. Consider that Mega Kangaskhan is pretty darn powerful (enough to get banned outright in some circles) and in inverse battles literally NOTHING resists normal attacks (as, under normal battles, Normal is SE against nothing).
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Default X & Y: Problems with it?

So it's been some time and now I think the games have been firmly asset by most Pokemon fans.

In my opinion, these games are fantastic. Even better then, dare I say it, red and blue. That's saying something since I haven't really enjoyed the latest Pokemon games since R/S, and even then the experience was just okay.

But I want to know the problems people have with the game. I've heard a couple so far but I want to see if there are any more I haven't heard so far.

Also, I want to hear why this is a problem.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Default Re: X & Y: Problems with it?

Worst plot and characters ever in any pkmn game so far... although since you imply the gen 1 games were so great we're probably not going to agree there
    That said, I do appreciate XY's contribution for graphics and other stuff that definitely needed to be updated (and I still enjoyed playing it despite all my complaints about plot/characters)

Blog Entries

I'll just leave this here, since Fawful's Minion pretty much describes ALL of the problems that I have with the lackluster Pokemon X and Y.

I would say the plot and the way it was told but since i don't care about the plot in a pokemon game i don't see it as a flaw, i would rather have good gameplay and mediocre plot than good story and mediocre gameplay (wich it was what Gen 5 gave us).
    Last edited by Norzan; 22nd May 2014 at 11:21 AM.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

3DS 4682-9334-0694

It's really sad though cause XY had the potential to be much better plot/characters-wise... it just felt like there wasn't much going on until the climax, which in itself was nice I guess... and god that group of friends....... SO boring and useless.... the BW games gave us the idea of a friends group done right, but this? just no... Shauna was cute at least and they SEEMED to try having some romance thing go with her yet oddly that didn't lead to anything and makes me wonder why even bother... Serena/Calem were ok-ish, the only one in this whole friends group who's existence is really justified
    This game just felt really lacking, although it may have been partly due to all the efforts I imagine were put into the graphics, the little details, and so on - which were all done very nicely... I guess at least they laid a good basis for whatever the next main game after ORAS is... hopefully they'll be able to focus more on plot this time and less on the aesthetics

Blog Entries

I didn't have too many problems with the game. I regard Y as my favorite game, surpassing Diamond/Platinum, as a matter-of-fact. But, of course, the weren't perfect.

If I had to say anything that I think could have been better, I'd say three things: the friends, pacing, and plot.

Friends:

Pacing/Plot:

I know the Spoiler Boxes may hint that I had a lot of problems with the games, but like I said, I did actually enjoy them. Honestly, if done right, Team Flare would have been just as terroistic as Team Galactic, and they kind of already are. It's just that they could have been so much better, amongst other things, and I look forward to improvements in the third version.

Blog Entries
    Follow RTA fan On Twitter

i thought gen 6 was alright... it goes at a steady pace, most of my favourite pokemon are in it (Ledian, Sandslash etc.) and the Gyms put up a fairly good fight. Sure, the Pokemon is a feature i like more, but this gen was the exception. and, you could build up a good friendship through Pokemon-Amie, instead of training.
    Pokemon player since 2003, Wikia member since 2013, Zerahead fan since 2011, Pokemon master (ish) since 2004
    Electric friend safari with Electabuzz, Luxio and Emolga

Blog Entries

My post story has consisted entirely of creating a living dex and building a good Triple Battle team. That gets tedious too, because the Elite 4 are too weak for lv. 70 grinding and the Battle Chateau doesn't rotate its roster enough... Maybe GF is taking one thing at a time with improvements here. I spent a month or two replaying several gen. IV games and Black version, so when I picked up Y again, my mind got blown about how darned beautiful everything was. If they do this right, improvements could be accumulative... then eventually they can give us a game with great characters, good new Pokemon, pristine graphics, a very interesting evil team and plot, AND a large, engaging post story.

In the meantime, I'll join everyone in bashing Fairies and Diantha. Oh, and this is one of the few games I've played where I stop and listen to the field music, not any of the battle music. Game Freak, you screwed up Champion battles big-time, in every possible way.

The Megavolutions don't bother me that much. Some of them do look weird, but none of them are gamebreaking. Megas can easily get sweeped in one hit. They turn into serious threats usually if A) the opponent takes full advantage of its ability and stats and also sets them up right or B) You're woefully unprepared to deal with its movepool and type. And neither of them apply exclusively to Megas; strategy and type matchups have always been factors of victory and defeat. I've crushed all-legend teams, complete with a MegaMewtwo, with my fully non-legend team. Stat boosts and brute force ARE NOT enough to beat a smart foe.
    Last edited by BlackOsprey; 22nd May 2014 at 03:17 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3136-7234-1327
    Y: Black
    Alpha Sapphire: Marik

Claimer of the Keyblade, the Wabbajack, Skill Link, Phoenix Down, Lucina, the Silver Bow, and Roxas.
    Can you ever have too many claims? ...Nah, of course not.