(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread - Page 38

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Like Tree776Likes

Thread: (READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Default Re: (READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    The champion couldn't deal with Calm Mind *3 Florges.
    That's called a 'strategic victory'. If she hadn't let you set up the buffs she'd probably have taken you down with physical attacks.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

She never even used any one it, she spammed fire blast and other special attacks I was like 'lol'.

Strategy Begins At Home! Hinokou's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wulfric was a complete and utter joke. Same with Diantha.
    A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
    -William Penn

Blog Entries

Well, the Gen VI GTS officially sucks worse than Gen V. If someone has a shiny up and is asking for an Arceus and you try to trade, you're told no. It seems Arceus is just too special to trade but just common enough to ask for if someone wants to show off a shiny. And here I thought the e-peen waggling would be cleaned up this Gen. Stupid, silly me. =/

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Well, the Gen VI GTS officially sucks worse than Gen V. If someone has a shiny up and is asking for an Arceus and you try to trade, you're told no. It seems Arceus is just too special to trade but just common enough to ask for if someone wants to show off a shiny. And here I thought the e-peen waggling would be cleaned up this Gen. Stupid, silly me. =/
    I get that problem too. I think I'm going to Pokecheck for some non-ribboned Suicune, since that seems to be what everyone wants. It's so annoying! I have two Arceus, I don't want the other one anymore, let me trade it away!

EDIT:

My disappointments:
    - The Dream Ball's pokemon effect (the pink smoke) is absent now, doesn't look as cool.
    - some moves' animations like Sacred Fire are INCREDIBLY underwhelming.
    Silverwynde likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lugia61617 View Post
    Not to mention Aeroblast and Roar of Time, which they never seem to get right. Aeroblast still looks too weak, and Roar of Time is a glowing ball..? They changed Judgment's animation to resemble its movie incarnation more, so why not do the same for these? Dialga's Roar of Time in the movies felt like it was packed with so much power and Lugia's Aeroblast was this destructive laser beam of doom. I just think these moves have the potential to be so awesome, but oh well.

I think XY's legendary movie animations where rather underwhelming in general, though there were some cool ones, like Magma Storm, Seed Flare and Blue Flare.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

Follow Bittersweet on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Lidore View Post
    2) The lack of some sort of text-based communication in trade rooms. It's pretty hard to determine what the heck most passerby want in a trade; with the exception of some Vivillon trades. Preset text options would be nice.
    Oh good God, this, please. So many people have asked to trade with me over the PSS, and I have no idea what they want. They keep offering me Event Pokémon in Cherish Balls and Legendaries and stuff, but I have nothing I'd be willing to trade for (since I already have all the Event Legendaries, and all the Legendaries, as well as a bunch of spares on Bank). I show them a Vivillon to try and get across that I'm trying to collect their forms; they don't seem interested and keep showing more Legendaries and stuff. I need a button for "It looks like you don't have anything I'm interested in" and "I want to trade for [Pokemon name]. Do you have one?"

My Gold Trainer Card (Pokémon X) :)

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
    2) The lack of some sort of text-based communication in trade rooms. It's pretty hard to determine what the heck most passerby want in a trade; with the exception of some Vivillon trades. Preset text options would be nice.
    Oh good God, this, please. So many people have asked to trade with me over the PSS, and I have no idea what they want. They keep offering me Event Pokémon in Cherish Balls and Legendaries and stuff, but I have nothing I'd be willing to trade for (since I already have all the Event Legendaries, and all the Legendaries, as well as a bunch of spares on Bank). I show them a Vivillon to try and get across that I'm trying to collect their forms; they don't seem interested and keep showing more Legendaries and stuff. I need a button for "It looks like you don't have anything I'm interested in" and "I want to trade for [Pokemon name]. Do you have one?"
    I thought the smiley faces were useless in Gen5, but I really miss them A LOT. At least with the smiley faces we could determine if they want the pokemon (Happy face/Heart) or don't want the pokemon (Frown face). Why Gen6 doesn't even have smileys for trade language is beyond me...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
    I thought the smiley faces were useless in Gen5, but I really miss them A LOT. At least with the smiley faces we could determine if they want the pokemon (Happy face/Heart) or don't want the pokemon (Frown face). Why Gen6 doesn't even have smileys for trade language is beyond me...
    If you're trading with an English speaker, use some Scatterbug with nicknames like "I NEED:", "GOT SHINY?" and "YES" and "NO THNX!"
    Yato, Lidore and SobriquetP like this.

They should prohibit you from trading Pokemon in your active party. Boxed PC Pokemon only.

Because in G5 they updated the trading interface to trade Pokemon directly from PC boxes (save the Battle Box) or the active party, but in G6 since you can trade from literally anywhere, we have a new Box Trick: Trade a party member to a secondary game and back again -- free healing even in areas where you aren't supposed to!
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    They should prohibit you from trading Pokemon in your active party. Boxed PC Pokemon only.

Because in G5 they updated the trading interface to trade Pokemon directly from PC boxes (save the Battle Box) or the active party, but in G6 since you can trade from literally anywhere, we have a new Box Trick: Trade a party member to a secondary game and back again -- free healing even in areas where you aren't supposed to!
    I realized there were some cases where simply trading/GTSing/battling online will heal you completely instantly. I dunno if it's supposed to be a good thing or not, but it kinda takes out the fun of adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Not to mention Aeroblast and Roar of Time, which they never seem to get right. Aeroblast still looks too weak, and Roar of Time is a glowing ball..? They changed Judgment's animation to resemble its movie incarnation more, so why not do the same for these? Dialga's Roar of Time in the movies felt like it was packed with so much power and Lugia's Aeroblast was this destructive laser beam of doom. I just think these moves have the potential to be so awesome, but oh well.

I think XY's legendary movie animations where rather underwhelming in general, though there were some cool ones, like Magma Storm, Seed Flare and Blue Flare.
    The anime takes information and looks to the games as references not the other way around...
    https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROql0OUuCc45P-UCQH-70OMlGMdi8cRNb5eAEGXqu2qi388VDZFw

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aonshinzo View Post
    The anime takes information and looks to the games as references not the other way around...
    Judgment looked nothing like its in-game version. Its move descriptions also says it "releases countless shots of light at the target", whereas in the movie Arceus shoots a glowing orb into the sky that explodes and releases countless of meteors that falls to the ground.

Artistic liberties? Sure, but even then it's still not close. It seems clear to me that Judgment's XY animation was inspired by its 12th movie incarnation, with Arceus sending a glowing orb into the sky and the falling rain after it explodes. Now, XY's move description also mentions "countless shots of light", which may very well be true because those streaks doesn't exactly look like meteors, but my point still stands about its animation.

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

- That most pokemon's in-battle animations are far shorter and sub-par compared to their Battle Revolution/Col/XD ones.

- That Xatu and many other flying pokemon are permanently flying. For goodness' sake, was it too hard for them to just program them with a "Flying" and "Non-Flying" model for the Sky Battles? Xatu looks TERRIBLE.

Blog Entries

- That most pokemon's in-battle animations are far shorter and sub-par compared to their Battle Revolution/Col/XD ones.
    My guess is that they made the awesome animation for Brave Bird but then saw it took much work to do it so they decided to make crappy animations for most of the other moves to save effort.

Claimer of Garchomp

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast