(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: (READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Default Re: (READ POST #18) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBoy210 View Post
    You know...I'm also kinda disappointed they don't show the trainers in the background like Colosseum and such did during the battle. I just find it so weird that the trainer is shown throwing out a Pokemon, but the opponent isn't.
    Maybe in the sequel or next generation. Remember, every new feature GF implements then improve, remove or replace later on is them experimenting the limitations/possibilities of the handheld system and customer's interest.
    Last edited by Shadow Panic; 12th October 2013 at 03:02 PM.

My main complaint is the game is a bit easy once you get access to Mega Evolutions - I'd have rather had that be introduced a lot later in the game.

That aside, I honestly think this is the best generation yet. The graphical update has breathed SO much life into the series it's a bit overwhelming. Everything is so gorgeous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Blog Entries

My current complaint is that there is no cuteness limit. Keromatsu and Torchic are so cute that my heart melted. When I fed Keromatsu in poke-parler I had a massive happiness attack.
    Proud claimer of the Snow Dragon Kyurem. 24/01/2014

One thing that's a holdover from prior generations. Since gender dimorphism is a thing in Pokemon, couldn't the designers make something a little less super effeminate for the males of some species? Male Gardevoirs still creep me out.

Follow Rainbow On Twitter Add Rainbow on Facebook Add Rainbow on Google+ Add Rainbow on MySpace
    Add Rainbow on Linkedin Follow Rainbow on Tumblr Follow Rainbow on Flickr Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

Just a minor annoyance, but the framerate drop during battles (especially during the camera angle with the split screen) is kinda bothersome.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

People don't want any older regions to be glorified? I thought everyone was crying for Hoenn to be glorified. :/

I swear, Pokemon fans never know exactly what they want. They say "I want this!" and when GameFreak tries to do that, they still complain about it. I do admit that I'm rather tired of Kanto myself though. And only 70 new Pokemon is kind of disappointing, but I can somewhat see why GameFreak would limit it to that. The more Pokemon they add, the harder it becomes to catch them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    ... And only 70 new Pokemon is kind of disappointing, but I can somewhat see why GameFreak would limit it to that. The more Pokemon they add, the harder it becomes to catch them all.
    I Honestly think it's down to time limitations, as with any project of this scale they had to set a realistic target, i.e: Model and animate from scratch 720+ pokemon(+ mega evolutions) and countless trainers and environments, as well as build a brand new game from the ground up on a totally new game engine.

I will happily stockpile and trade with those who need certain beasties from my Y version. That's the kind of thing these exclusivity features are meant to encourage. My friend code will be in the thread for them eventually.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Boss Alessandro View Post
    Most legitimate complaint?

12.5% chance of getting a female Fennekin. I've spent the first 15 minutes of this game resetting my D.S, trying not to get a dude wearing a dress.

Edit: Got it on my 10th try. Y u do this Nintendo? It's like Azurill turning into a dude all over again.
    This is par for the course, every starter and rare gift Pokemon (Togepi, Riolu, etc.) is 12.5% female to discourage breeding (making it harder to give starters egg moves).

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ShakerMaker View Post
    I Honestly think it's down to time limitations, as with any project of this scale they had to set a realistic target, i.e: Model and animate from scratch 720+ pokemon(+ mega evolutions) and countless trainers and environments, as well as build a brand new game from the ground up on a totally new game engine.
    Yeah, that's a good point too.

Blog Entries
    Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

I'm annoyed that some former pure normal types have been retconned into pure fairy. Now instead of being weak to fighting, they're STRONG against it.

Blog Entries
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

Pointless megas, ruining the typechart and introducing mostly awful designs.

'Nuff said.

I'm disappointed at the removal of the Habitat feature from gen V. I'm not sure if it was only in B/W 2 or not (I've only recently started playing anything past gen 3 finally), but it was still something I enjoy in B2.

I logged about 5 hours so far on Pokemon X and have to say I've very impressed with the graphics and game play so far.

But yea, I agree with everyone else; the lack of new Pokemon is unforgivable. I appreciate Game Freak's effort at introducing new battle mechanics and such, but Mega Evolutions is nothing more than a big generation 1 circle jerk. It's made me hate Charizard more than I did before.

Some players have speculated that the third game could possibly introduce new Pokemon because of what happened in the game's storyline. Hope this is true!

Default Re: The Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shinysmugleaf View Post
    Houndoom is exclusive to X but Houndoominite is exclusive to Y.

Manetric is exclusive to Y but Manectite is exclusive to X.

Screw you Gamefreak!
    My counter to that was getting both games :P One as a main, the other as a game to just have new adventures using different pokemon everytime!
    Rant 1: Too many old, very few new. I got disappointed in the fact there wasn't enough new mons! But on the logical side, they just got into the 700's, that's a LOT of different pokemon, so of course they'd be running out of ideas!
    Rant 2: Dark being able to do good damage on steel now. Don't care if its to balance, I want a Honedge with no weakness to dark D:

Join the toad side! Emperor Palpitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the new graphics and the new mons I found so far are great. The game feels longer too.
    There is too few new mons then and I wish there were more of them. And riding a Ryhorn goes too slow.
    JOIN THE TOAD SIDE
    AND MAY THE BLUE FORCE BE WITH YOU
    AND I AM NOT YOUR FATHER!

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast