(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread - Page 27

Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Like Tree783Likes

Thread: (READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Default Re: (READ POST #18) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lugia61617 View Post
    Sun and Moonstones can be farmed off Solrock and Lunatone in Glittering Cave.
    You can also get them via Pickup, if your Pokemon is high enough level.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"
    (No wonder Pokemon nicknames are so difficult to think up.)

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210

Follow Argylegasm On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by lugia61617 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Argylegasm View Post
    Like many, I'm not a fan of Mega Evolutions. They seem out of place and replace what I think would be interesting real evolutions.

My biggest irk so far, though, is the lack of evolutionary stones. One Shiny Stone? That's it? So I'm forced to wait until December to bring over my Togekiss from B2, or waste it on Floette>Florges for the Pokedex entry. Uuuuugh. I know I can buy Water/Fire/Leaf Stones, but what about the others?!

Also, this is minor, but I hate how the crack on Golurk's chest is just a flat color instead of an actual 'crack' in the 3D model. Drives me bonkers.
    You can get Thunder, Shiny, Dusk, Dawn, Sun and Moon Stones if you do really well or are just lucky in the Super Secret Training for max-EV pokemon. However as I said, you need to be lucky =_=
    However! All is not lost, Sun and Moonstones can be farmed off Solrock and Lunatone in Glittering Cave.
    Oh, wicked. Luck is rarely on my side when it comes to that, only took 13 years to find my first Shiny (through a wild encounter, not red Gyarados and the others that are available).
    Safari: Dragon | Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo
    Pokémon X | FC: 4871-3955-6532 | Name: Brandon
    Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

Well, a real disappointment would likely be that X and Y's pacing really killed the game's ability to keep me pulled in. I play occasionally to catch some more Pokemon, or EV train, but honestly I've moved onto newer games now (Bravely Default is a whole lot of fun).
    Charles Dunois, Ange and Treacle like this.

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

My only complaint would be that some sprites like Scyther and Xatu are stuck flying all the time just so they can partake in Sky Battles. Because I remember that back in Stadium on the N64 the Pokémon that stood on the ground but could learn Fly like Charizard and Dodrio had two separate models. One that stood on the ground and then another that it would switch to when using Fly. I would have thought that would have been possible on the 3DS as well but anyway, it's definitely a completely minor thing but it still bothers me. Xatu looks especially awkward :/

The laziest model I've come across until now would be Sawsbuck. It just stands there and does nothing, even when attacking. Weird.
    Heredity likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    My only complaint would be that some sprites like Scyther and Xatu are stuck flying all the time just so they can partake in Sky Battles. Because I remember that back in Stadium on the N64 the Pokémon that stood on the ground but could learn Fly like Charizard and Dodrio had two separate models. One that stood on the ground and then another that it would switch to when using Fly. I would have thought that would have been possible on the 3DS as well but anyway, it's definitely a completely minor thing but it still bothers me. Xatu looks especially awkward :/
    Yeah, a lot of attack animations don't match up at this point ("Charizard used Wing Attack!" *swings tail forward* wait wut?), and Sky Battles are determined more by whether the Pokemon has a hovering animation or a standing one (Fletching/Pidgey/Hawlucha/Gengar can't participate in Sky Battles either) than whether they are literally Flying type or Levitating. (Now I really wish I knew if Dustox/Beedrill are eligible for Sky Battles. Non Flying type but they have hovering animations....)
    8ther and Charles Dunois like this.
    "What?! You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Yeah, a lot of attack animations don't match up at this point ("Charizard used Wing Attack!" *swings tail forward* wait wut?)
    Another one is Floatzel. When it uses Aqua Jet it actually turns around and spins its tail and then flies towards your Pokemon, when I'd think that would actually make it fly in the opposite direction.

Yes, all my complaints about XY are minor nitpicks like these because the games are amazing.

How about Lucario and that Aura Sphere? A forward arm thrust and firing off a shot just doesn't look the same as rearing back and throwing out a two-handed Hadouken gesture. And it doesn't exactly match up with its depiction in ANY other Pokemon media (anime, manga, SSBB...).

Blog Entries

A one-armed Aura Sphere is the issue? I don't find that particularly hard to believe, especially with well-trained Lucario.

Lucario sticking one arm out and not moving it to perform a Close Combat is much more ridiculous than seeing a Lucario fire a one-armed Aura Sphere.
    Charles Dunois likes this.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Now that Ive finished the game, I feel this is the right time to share my problems with it, which were very few.

1. I know they only just included Character Customization and I am greatful for this, it is a very fun feature, but limited. Im disappointed mostly in the lack of hairstyles and colors. I also hate how they force you to wear a hat, I see really no reason for that at all, oh and they give you sunglasses but you can't wear them on your eyes, which really makes no sense to me. I hope this is improved in the next game with more options in general and fixing those two issues I just mentioned.

2. The Mega Evolution thing, while a nice idea, is boring to me, I dont like how the whole plot was about that and I felt absolutely no need to use any Mega Evolution in the main story. I do think some of them are great though, such as Mawile.

3. I dont really like so few Kalos Pokemon and the fact that Sylveon is the only Eeveelution, the latter is a personal nitpick though.

4. I dont like how the Fairy type was handled, I do like the concept though, so they make a type to counter Dragons, then include many Dragon types including the region's Pseudo Legendary and Mega Evolutions of Dragon types that really didnt need them(Garchomp) and from what I understand there are few very viable Fairy types to take them down. I dont understand Game Freak's logic. I also didnt like that they didnt retype some Pokemon that I feel could've used the retype.

5. I hate how they gave Ice type pretty much nothing at all to improve, and they seem to think the type chart doesnt need any more balancing >_>

Thats all for now really, I might have more thoughts to add later, but those are my main complaints.

1. Extremely limited customization, especially for males. I understand if you're going for a specific look, females, however there are significantly fewer options for males. One big problem comes in the hair realm given how the vast majority of your hair is covered always by your hat, which on the topic of, should be able to be removed. It'd also be really cool if there were glasses available. But, since this is GameFreak's first time letting us do this, I'll be a little slack.

2. Return to the one-dimensional gym leader. Though I'm not a huge fan of Gen V overall, I did like how their gym leaders had a shade more personality.

3. People complain about the camera angle in Lumiose (which I've had no problem with), but the camera angle in Azure Bay is like a real problem.

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

The fact that there is no real event in game for any of the event legendaries.

I really did not want to see GF retire this factor but I really like the idea of being able to catch event legendaries as a challenge instead of having them handed right over to me through an event!

That and you have to admit the Arceus, Deoxys, and Shaymin events are pretty awesome.
    PM Me and I'll register your 3DS FC 2707 1776 0987
    I also need a Magmar or Helioptile Friend Safari.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    The fact that there is no real event in game for any of the event legendaries.
    But how do you know that? I don't think that we know how many key items there are in the data.

It's a "...that we know of" type post. The game's more or less uncracked, so we have no way of knowing what events there might be in the future and what ones are just free Pokemon vs. what ones trigger actual in-game events (like Victini, Zoroark, etc.) .

Blog Entries

My pet peeve right now is the comp rules. Now I can't use my gen V Breloom of Doom, just because GF is going to ridiculous measures to stop hackmons. So now I have to either breed new ones (which i refuse to do after 1.5 boxes of noibat), or wait for hacks to get X and Y support. Bugger >:(

TF2/Pokemon/OFF
    Vice Head Moderator of PokEdit

Claimer of Farfetch'd, Flying Press and Toxic Orb

Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast