(READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread - Page 15

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree776Likes

Thread: (READ FIRST POST) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: (READ POST #18) Gen VI Rant/Complaint/Disappointment Thread

Come to think, just remembered a little disappointment I had about Team Flare...

Come on, Lysandre, the king of fabulousity. Why on earth your Mega is not Ampharos???

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

I'm not too far into the game, but two things in particular really annoy me about it.

1. The lack of 3D. This game had so much potential for 3D use, and it only shows up in battles. This also worries me that future 3DS games might also take the 3D optional route, eliminating one of the coolest features of the system.

2. Team flare. After getting to know Team Plasma, these guys just make me cringe. They're absolutely ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the game, but I feel that these areas could have been drastically improved.
    Charles Dunois likes this.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntology View Post
    I'm not too far into the game, but two things in particular really annoy me about it.

1. The lack of 3D. This game had so much potential for 3D use, and it only shows up in battles. This also worries me that future 3DS games might also take the 3D optional route, eliminating one of the coolest features of the system.

2. Team flare. After getting to know Team Plasma, these guys just make me cringe. They're absolutely ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the game, but I feel that these areas could have been drastically improved.
    I think the reason behind lack of 3D is that having it on all the time would cause performance issues. After all, it has to render it twice!

TF2/Pokemon/OFF
    Vice Head Moderator of PokEdit

Claimer of Farfetch'd, Flying Press and Toxic Orb

I thought the games were pretty good....as for complaints I have only a few

*The number of new pokemon. It's not just that by itself so much as we got what...80% of them revealed pre game? I think just in terms of absolute numbers, XY had the most pokemon reveled prerelease. Anyone have more precise numbers on this?
    *The lack of postgame. Seriously, these have one small town, with a battle tower clone, and that's it. Easily the worst postgame in the franchise since Gen I. It's really frustrating that they keep saving features like more postgame, battle frontier/PWT for third versions/sequels.
    *The lack of high level trainers and an easy source for money. Black Tower/White Treehollow were perfect for high level trainers and for getting cash. There's nothing like this in XY. With the clothes, these are really the first games where one has a need for a lot of money. Again, I'm sure they'll fix this in XY2/Z/gen 6.5/whatever but...what was stopping them from putting it in XY??
    *The Camera angles. In the first trailer, they showed us some really dynamic camera angles but I think those were the only ones where it was anything but the standard angle. After that trailer, seemed like we'd get some cool stuff. Kinda like how they showed us Castelia and Skyarrow in the first BW screenshots, and of course the rest of the game was nothing like that.

Other than those, I thought the games were really cool.
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Spoilers for later in the game, showing why Team Flare is totally boss:

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gotta say I agree with the glorification of Kanto. Feels like Gamefreak wants to win back the Genwunners, even though the Genwunners are nine-time-out-of-ten going to buy any games they put out anyways. There really is no need!
    8ther, Charles Dunois and Xita like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aonshinzo View Post

zwait why did we need a Dragon-type eeveelution so bad? Also, Xerneas? Sylveon? Azumarill? Gardevoir? Togekiss?

When I said no powerful fairies I mean there were no really competitively viable fairies introduced. Azumarill, Gardevoir and togekiss are from previous generations and Xerneas is banned from Wi-fi. I was hoping for some amazing 550-600 BST fairy like the pseudos or like volcarona but I guess with their typing all the fairies are arguable "good".

And the dragon eeveelution business it pretty straightforward. In generation 1 Psychic was OP so dark was introduced, and we got espeon and umbreon a dark/psychic pair. Now Dragons were OP so fairies were introduced and we got Sylveon so we might as well have gotten Draceon. On top of this Dragon is the only previously "special" type that didn't get an eeveelution so this has been wanted long before fairy-type was even conceptualized. It was always argued that eeveelutions were adaptions to natural circumstances (day, night, water, forest, fire, snow etc.) so how would you adapt into a dragon? But if eevee could become a FAIRY what's been stopping it from becoming a Dragon? Perhaps it's not Logically necessary... but really is anything in Pokemon logical? we needed Draceon anyways. I still have hope he's hidden in the code and TPCi will make another big media/promotion deal when the next games come out.
    VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT

Quote Originally Posted by Heredity View Post
    Spoilers for later in the game, showing why Team Flare is totally boss:
    Xita likes this.

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

My biggest complaint is the Elite 4/Champion.

I liked the E4's designs and Pokemon teams just fine- thought they had well put together teams and designs. I'll put the rest under a spoiler for those that aren't there yet.

I dont care about the fewer pokemon. This way, we might get more quality pokemon design wise. Amount aside, I find this generation to have the best designed pokemon since generation 2.

Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

After finally beating the game, I have to say I found most of the characters this time around to be incredibly bland. I didn't even enjoy the rivals, save for Calem. The other three were just kinda there, imo, and I found them rather annoying. The E4 and gym leaders were just as equally boring. They were well designed, at least.

Also, like a lot of other people, little amount of Pokemon. I didn't even get a full team of Kalos Pokemon that I wanted to use until right before the seventh gym. I know even gens tend to have less, but still. I don't particularly care for that many of the Gen VI mons either.
    8ther and Charles Dunois like this.

That Heliolisk doesn't get an evolution. It seems more like a mid-stage than a final-stage.
    Shiny Shinx likes this.

This game was a blast of nostalgia, and while i appreciate the glorification of past pokemon i think its safe to say that the producers are running out of creativity. a good idea might be to take ideas from fans considering the fan base of the series and how much fan work is already circulating out there. heck, even dark souls 2 let the players design/vote for some of the gear in game

My biggest complaint is no happy medium between the game-breaking Exp. Share and just having to power level a lot. I would have liked more new Pokemon, but I absolutely love the designs for the ones we did get and I avoided Pokemon websites for the past several months, so most of them looked new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Araragi Hakase View Post
    My biggest complaint is the Elite 4/Champion.

I liked the E4's designs and Pokemon teams just fine- thought they had well put together teams and designs. I'll put the rest under a spoiler for those that aren't there yet.

I agree with you. I'm still hoping that we need to unlock some special event in order to "level up" the e4. But as of now, I've already beaten then 3 times and no improvement on their pkmn levels or team...
    If they don't get harder, that's a real sad thing, as it will become an easy grind for money...
    3ds FC: 2105-9067-9813
    Steam: alvesrc /// W!cked

Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast