Rant: Why Rapidash is about to become the most overused Pokemon - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rant: Why Rapidash is about to become the most overused Pokemon

黒い王様 Archaic's Avatar Webmaster
    Blog Entries
    Follow Archaic On Twitter

That would depend on exactly how it was done. Imagine if they decided they'd add 1 extra Pokémon to the game every month. It could be an evolution, or it could be an entirely new one. It wouldn't be added directly to your team, like the legendaries in the past, but instead it'd just be opened up as catchable (or able to be evolved into).
    神出鬼没 - shin shutsu ki botsu

Ultimate Pokemon Fan! Water Pokémon Master's Avatar

Releasing a new Pokemon every month would get boring. When Munchlax first was released, everyone was super excited, but then when they began to release more DP Pokemon on a regular basis, it just got sort of bleh and unexciting.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster of
    [PokéBeach]

Yeah, but I could see an GBA expansion pack that adds 20-30 more Pokemon, some new items and events to DP doing well, providing that it would be priced affordably (IE - less than the actual DP game). Pokemon are best released in chunks, instead of one new one a month ala Digimon.

In fact, I'd prefer such an expansion to a "third game". Emerald would've been a lot more appealing if you could've just downloaded the upgrades for 10-15 bucks to Ruby or Sapphire.

Is the DS even capable of using the GBA to access new gameplay data? I've heard some developers theorizing about using the GBA slot in such a way, and I believe it WAS used for a puzzle game or something once in such a fashion, but I'm not certain.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Hmmm....

While not putting down your central argument, which is quite valid (*one* new non-starter fire type to play with up to the E4 would have been reasonable, perhaps *instead* of Ponyta/Rapidash), Fire types have usually been restricted in previous games too. There seems to be a tradition of "if you don't choose the Fire starter, you won't see another for half the game". In Red or Blue you only have one Fire option (Vulpix or Arcanine) from route 7 though Pokémon Mansion, for example.

But this really wasn't the right region to have a bunch of new Fire types.

The only version that ever had wild fire types found before the first gym was Crystal, but that was a special 3rd version. Hello, I de-lurked because of D/P.
    Who's always giving Katelyn a hand?

Well, we kinda have ANOTHER Fire DP Pokemon....

Aruseus with a Fire Plate.

PDL

Quote Originally Posted by Habunake NEOS View Post
    Aruseus with a Fire Plate.
    Oh goodie the most broken pokémon ever created. That's a great alternative.

Anyway, the reason why fire types are so rare in the games is that fire itself rarely ever appears in nature naturally. Fire only naturally appears after lighting strikes or lava flows. Otherwise nearly all other forms of fire are caused by people. (directly or indirectly)

In case you haven't noticed, nearly all fire types are based on some sort of animal (the only ones I can think of that are not are is Magmar line and that Fire/Steel legendary) I suppose GF is trying to steer clear of basing another fire type on another animal... unfortunately, they seem to be quite low on ideas :\

The main reason why Ponyta and Rapidash is the lucky fire type prevalent in Shinou is that Hokaido, the japanese prefecture Shinou is based upon is famous for breeding and racing horses.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Anyway, the reason why fire types are so rare in the games is that fire itself rarely ever appears in nature naturally. Fire only naturally appears after lighting strikes or lava flows. Otherwise nearly all other forms of fire are caused by people. (directly or indirectly)
    This is true. Fire-types chiefly appear near volcanoes - Cinnabar Island, Chimney, and Mt. Ember.

However, there don't seem to be any volcanoes in Shinou, so . . .
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123