Randomly Witnessed Glitches (By Personal Experience)

View Poll Results: Have you ever randomly encountered a glitch playing a Pokemon game?

Voters
384. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

258 67.19%
  • No

77 20.05%
  • I can't remember/I don't know

49 12.76%
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Randomly Witnessed Glitches (By Personal Experience)

Stranger than you dreamt Batbloodx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Question Randomly Witnessed Glitches (By Personal Experience)

To kick it off, here's my story:

This glitch didn't happen to me personally, but I was a witness. It happened a while ago, when my friend/roommate was playing his Platinum. He was on route 201 and randomly encountered a wild Pokemon in the grass.

The only thing unusual about this is that the wild Pokemon was a Chikorita.

It was encountered without any sort of hack or cheat, just like any normal wild Pokemon. No AR, just a normal Platinum version purchased from Wal-Mart on your average Nintendo DS.

I took this picture straight from his DS screen with my Digital Camera. As you can see, he's since evolved it into a Meganium, and it's produced several perfectly normal Chikoritas when bred with his ditto.

It's done no harm to his game whatsoever. It runs absolutely normally, and he can use the Meganium in battle just like any other Pokemon. The only quirk is that it shows up as a Bad Egg on PBR, which is probably because the game knows Chikorita can't be found on route 201.

It always makes me wonder, how is this possible?
    You're running after something that you'll never kill; if this what you want, then fire at will...

Lt.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Randomly Witnessed Glitches (By Personal Experience)

yea, i remember in yellow (before i knew how awsome this would have been) i found a WILD dragonite on surfing cinibar islands

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by King of nidos View Post
    yea, i remember in yellow (before i knew how awsome this would have been) i found a WILD dragonite on surfing cinibar islands
    Missingno glitch. That's all it is. I've found Mewtwos.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

one time i was playing pokemon red in french and i was fighting blue. or a bug catcher. whatever, anyways the point is after he lost, instead of the trainer's sprite appearing, charmander's backsprite came up instead (i was using charmander at the end of the battle). it was soooo weird and kind of creeped me out, haha.

Stranger than you dreamt Batbloodx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

King--Did you catch it?

Zesty--That's bizarre. xD
    You're running after something that you'll never kill; if this what you want, then fire at will...

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In my old Silver I dropped the game inside my gameboy about 2 meters and when I started it up weird stuff started to happen, all my box Pokemon messed up, I didn't notice it at first, and everything seemed OK, except that the species changed, my Togepi became a Sperow nicknamed Togepi, had Togepis Sprite and moveset, but reaching level 20 it evolved into a Ferow. It happened to a lot of others Pokemon to, my Onix became a Raticate and Lugia evolved into Haunter, didn't know the B-button thing back them, so I turned off right away.

I didn't knew back then that the Pokemon "became" another one, but I have figured it out later. After that my Silver game was unable to trade, even after starting a new game :(

And later I got an "invulnerable" Ponyta, I later found out that it had 65 535 HP, not infinite. It fixed after I went to the Pokemon Center though.

In Crystal after starting a new game, one of the many, many times I did, my starter fainted in the first battle whit Silver, I hadn't want to any Pokemon Centers so I should be brought back to my house, but instead I could continue to walk around normally and when I met wild Pokemon I autoran, it fixed after going to the Pokemon Center.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

Blog Entries

Hey, I found one I should have mentioned.

The game was gold, the year... ah who cares. Mystery gift apparently went on the fritz and awarded me a punch of gift only room decorations. Then the game crashed, the save file deleted, and the game hasn't worked since.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Batbloodx View Post
    To kick it off, here's my story:

This glitch didn't happen to me personally, but I was a witness. It happened a while ago, when my friend/roommate was playing his Platinum. He was on route 201 and randomly encountered a wild Pokemon in the grass.

The only thing unusual about this is that the wild Pokemon was a Chikorita.

It was encountered without any sort of hack or cheat, just like any normal wild Pokemon. No AR, just a normal Platinum version purchased from Wal-Mart on your average Nintendo DS.

I took this picture straight from his DS screen with my Digital Camera. As you can see, he's since evolved it into a Meganium, and it's produced several perfectly normal Chikoritas when bred with his ditto.

It's done no harm to his game whatsoever. It runs absolutely normally, and he can use the Meganium in battle just like any other Pokemon. The only quirk is that it shows up as a Bad Egg on PBR, which is probably because the game knows Chikorita can't be found on route 201.

It always makes me wonder, how is this possible?
    Wow, you friend was sooo lucky.

Bulbapedia Editorial Board Zesty Cactus's Avatar Bulbapedia Deputy Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakesh! View Post
    Hey, I found one I should have mentioned.

The game was gold, the year... ah who cares. Mystery gift apparently went on the fritz and awarded me a punch of gift only room decorations. Then the game crashed, the save file deleted, and the game hasn't worked since.
    awwwwww shit man that sucks. O_O

oh one i forgot about: in my yellow version one time all my pc pokemon got corrupted. thats not really a glitch in the proper sense but it really sucked because it bothered me so much that i started a new game even though i had completed the pokedex :/ (i was able to salvage my party into pokemon stadium, at least.)

says "yeah" a lot. Lawnmowergirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My brother's Pikachu in Red evolved randomly without a Thunderstone or anything.

Morpheus♥Orange♥Contest♥HeatTag♥Wishful♥Rocket

deviantart|photobucket|pixiv|youtube|fanfiction|tumblr|shipping

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmowergirl View Post
    My brother's Pikachu in Red evolved randomly without a Thunderstone or anything.
    weird haha. did it just evolve by leveling up or something or what?

says "yeah" a lot. Lawnmowergirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty Cactus View Post
    weird haha. did it just evolve by leveling up or something or what?
    Yeah, I think at like either level 24 or 27. It was one of those two, I don't remember which.

Morpheus♥Orange♥Contest♥HeatTag♥Wishful♥Rocket

deviantart|photobucket|pixiv|youtube|fanfiction|tumblr|shipping

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty Cactus View Post
    awwwwww shit man that sucks. O_O

oh one i forgot about: in my yellow version one time all my pc pokemon got corrupted. thats not really a glitch in the proper sense but it really sucked because it bothered me so much that i started a new game even though i had completed the pokedex :/ (i was able to salvage my party into pokemon stadium, at least.)
    Huh. In silver all my nicknames pokemon swapped nicknames. so I had a wooper named Kitty, when it should have been meowth.

In Heart Gold the other day, I was battling a poliwag (water-type) with my Quilava, and used a fire-type move (stupid, I know...) but it said "it's super effective!" Type-weakness fail?

There was another one this morning (a text glitch, I believe) but I can't remember it...
    Under Construction
    My FC: 3095-1554-4236

My DeviantArt Page
    -- I claimed Kris <3

I was once playing Crystal years after it came out for the hell of it. I had a rattata on my team but when I looked at my party it said BELLSPROUT instead. I looked at it, the sprite was still that of a rattata but its name and moveset were that of a bellsprout.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast