random match-up - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: random match-up

Default Re: random match-up

Maybe some of them aren't trying to disconnect. I know I've been disconnected a few times when battling random people in PBR. Though people do also ragequit, just don't always assume that's what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    So I think I came up against my first hacker, or at least someone who RNG'd shinies. Not that bothered by it though.
    Why do people think that team fully of shinies = hacker? Though you did back it up saying maybe they rng'd them but why question it in the first place? At this point I actually have found seven random encounter shinies and caught six of them (only one in White at this point), that's enough to make a team. Not to mention I've chained more than six shinies so if any of the team you're facing isn't fifth gen, there's always that possibility too.

antidope Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Out of the 18 Rotational Battles I've done (and won), seven of them disconnected either right after I beat them, or right after they had lost all but one of their Pokemon and it was obvious I'd had beat them if they didn't D/C.

I try not to let it bother me though. I don't really care too much for my battle records.
    And I don’t care if I lose
    Because my heroes did too
    They shouted court should be adjourned
    Because the jury are fools
    And the judge can’t decipher his left from his right
    Or his right from his wrong

I don't know why but I always face Japanese players the most, most likely because of my time zone or something. Whats even more particular is that they use very unusual move sets and Pokemon, but that probably normal to the Japanese or something.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ɑ Alpha ɒ View Post
    I don't know why but I always face Japanese players the most, most likely because of my time zone or something. Whats even more particular is that they use very unusual move sets and Pokemon, but that probably normal to the Japanese or something.
    Yeah, if I recall, Japanese battle styles are quite different than those in the west.

I watched one of the videos, and what baffled me was why a Japanese player would waste their time using Confuse Ray on Infernape in a Double Battle when their Crobat would have been able to kill it with ease.

So I battled my first rage-quitter today, and honestly, if you're going to rage-quit, then at least do it when you've lost the battle, rather than waste my time defeating every single one of your Pokemon. When my Volcarona manages to Quiver Dance and defeat your Hydreigon (and survived its Surf, seriously? Surf?) and all you have left is a Gigigear and Serperior, then its time to quit. I guess they thought Braviary could stop me >_>

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Something I'm really not liking about these is the abysmal amount of time some people take to use an attack. Some people can be real dicks about losing, and will deliberately sit around doing nothing for ages. Naturally, they'll disconnect eventually.
    It's even worse when they're the ones winning. One guy took ages to decide to use Thunder to OHKO my Gyarados :/
    Last edited by Grave-E; 23rd March 2011 at 06:18 AM.

Blog Entries

One thing I've noticed--the people who build extremely powerful teams (fully prepared with items and whatnot) are usually the ones that don't disconnect and don't mind the tarnish on their records. Funny how that works.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    One thing I've noticed--the people who build extremely powerful teams (fully prepared with items and whatnot) are usually the ones that don't disconnect and don't mind the tarnish on their records. Funny how that works.
    Maybe its the pride in fighting a good fight. I was actually up against someone who I knew outclassed me and was excited to give it my all, but my connection failed before the first turn :/

I'm the Blaze Master now! InfernoFlames's Avatar
    On a boat to Castelia City harbor for the bacon
    Blog Entries

i just tested it out for the first time. i faced off against someone from japan, so i was hoping for a challenge. he rage quits just cause his ninetales couldn't land a hypnosis on the first turn =.=

3DS FC: 2492-4691-1324
    I
    URPG Trainer Stats

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage View Post
    I was actually up against someone who I knew outclassed me and was excited to give it my all, but my connection failed before the first turn :/
    Something like that happened to me too. Right after I knocked out their Hydregon, my phone rang, which interferes with our internet and I ended up getting disconnected. :/

On another note, I find myself doing Rotation Battles much more often than Single Battles. It does take significantly longer to find an opponent with Rotation, though.

Blog Entries

yeah i've found it takes a lot longer to find people who want to do rotation battles and triple battles, and i have been using triple battles a lot

Blog Entries

To the previous comment about "serious" battlers apparently not rage-quitting, honestly, I think its more a personal situation thing. I battled someone who clearly prepared his Pokemon for battle. He had an Archeops with Flying Gem + Acrobatics, and a level 1 Sturdy Aron with Shell Bell and Endeavor (essentially being a perma F.E.A.R., quite possibly the cheapest strategy out there).

Out of pure luck, my Archeops was weakened enough that Aron's Endeavor+Shell Bell wasn't enough to heal it fully meaning I completely diffused the situation. I had previously defeated the person's Throh (who had activated Guts) with a combination of Mienshao and Zoroark (Rotation battle btw). That's when Aaron moved in, and I knew I couldn't defeat it, I just forgot about the Shell Bell strategy, so it was pure luck that I used Archeops.

The funny thing I noticed was that his Archeops was somehow slower than mine (guess he used Smogon movesets but didn't EV train), though it killed me when I had used Earthquake somehow thinking it would keep Aaron in. The good thing for me was that I knew which of my own Pokemon could beat who, and while I didn't have the speed memorized, I knew that Mienshao was faster than my Archeops.

With only Mienshao left and well bellow 1/3 health, facing against three Pokémon, I place my luck on Hi-Jump Kick, and I defeated Archeops. Proceed with defeating the severely weakened Hippowdon (thanks to my other Pokemon) and Aron, who's threat was now diffused.

Connection Interrupted

FUUUUUUUUUU-

What an ass. Honestly, at least have the decency to forfeit the match. I wanted to save that Battle Video as it was an inspirational come-from behind fight that I've been looking for, just to show off the awesomeness of Rotation Battles. Though i have to compliment the person in knowing when they've lost even though they've technically lost much earlier even though I didn't know it (when Aron failed to recover completely).

It's no wonder you can get 60+ wins when you don't save your losses and use such cheap tactics. Too bad they can't make it so that they can sense who rage-quits their game by turning it off and affect their ranking (which I honestly do not understand why it matters when rank battles aren't even available until the Global Link site is up). At least Mario Kart Wii lowers your VR for disconnecting. The same should happen in Pokemon so people don't make a habit of this.

Blog Entries

agred there are so many people that would be affected by this and would stop immediately, but i also think that hackers should be able to be sensed as well, since i have now seen a team with a shiny zoroark that was obviously hacked
    seriously why do people hack, its just pisses me off so much

Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

I 4-0'd someone last night...they disconnected >>

Blog Entries

yeah i just beat someone 6-0 then right at the end they disconnected arrgh!

Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Funny how they don't disconnect when they win...

>>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast