Rage quitting - What's your opinion about it? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rage quitting - What's your opinion about it?

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Default Re: Rage quitting - What's your opinion about it?

I can get really mad, and when someone ragequits on me, it really, REALLY, ticks me off.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

It's one thing to quit when you're down to your last Pokemon with no hope of victory. I've been in that situation and I admit the temptation to quit is strong. It's another thing to quit in the middle of a battle when it could still go either way just because one player got a crit or an attack misses. I've seen plenty of that and it's super annoying.

追放されたバカ

I must confess to rage quitting and lying about it afterwards. I was in a tournament on another Pokemon site, I beleive I was in the final 8. In this battle things just did not go my way. My attacks kept missing, my Pokemon got hit every time by confusion, I never got my attacks in when they counted most due to paralysis etc, it was the most haxy game ever, while my opponent got about 4 critical hits, and none of the problems.

I did quit when I had about 2 left, and blamed it on my wifi. I felt really guilty afterwards as they believed me and we battled again, and I won because I knew his team and strategy :(

But I then lost in the semi final and that time, took my defeat like a man and got absolutely crushed I think my opponent still had 3 left, plus his current one on half HP, and didn't rage quit.

Blog Entries

I actually enjoy people ragequitting on me. It's far more satisfying than a regular win, knowing you frustrated the enemy so much that they just gave it up. Just adds a little extra 'flair' to a win if you will. Still, I can't entirely blame them for doing so. I know how enormously infuriating losing can be.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Don't really care if the opponent ragequits, though extra wins on my record would be nice. Besides, it feels like a win for me because the other guy knows that he got his *** whooped and pussies off.
    Stuntology likes this.
    Conkeldurp...

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

I really haven't had that much of a problem with it, I guess that I'm just lucky! I've had about 13 recorded wins, and only about 3 rage-quitted should-have-been-wins.

It is incredibly frustration, though. I've been tempted to do it myself a few times, but then I just consider what I'd feel like on the other end, and that stops me. Who really cares about the win/loss ratio anyways?

Edit: Why is Chansey tagged on the word 'lucky'? lol.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

@Stuntology; Lucky is Chansey's Japanese name, and Bulbapedia links to the Pokemon's page when typed out. The same thing happens with Drowzee, a.k.a Sleep.

As for rage-quitting, I can admit I do that a lot. 8D; Not just Pokemon, but in Mario Kart, too. I can't stand losing, especially if I was doing so well in the beginning, only for a small bit of bad luck to ruin everything. I don't go online on Mario Kart or Pokemon anymore, since I know my rage-quits aren't very sportsmanlike at all.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Ragequitting--it's NEVER okay. It's unfair to your opponent.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

It pisses me off soooo much. I don't think I've had a single victory that wasn't a ragequit since I started getting into PO again yesterday. I've had people ragequit after I've taken out a single Pokemon on their team!

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    It pisses me off soooo much. I don't think I've had a single victory that wasn't a ragequit since I started getting into PO again yesterday. I've had people ragequit after I've taken out a single Pokemon on their team!
    Well, but on PO you do get points if your opponent disconnects. The same cannot be said for Random matchup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Blog Entries

As someone who used to work at an arcade and at one point was heavily into fighting games, I've seen a lot of this both IRL and through the internet. Oftentimes it's irritating, sometimes it's forgivable, but ultimately it's just a game and nothing to lose sleep over.
    I can say that I don't think that judging someone solely on the act of rage quitting would be an accurate measure of the persons worth. Most of the time the act happens only as a result of getting caught up in the heat of the moment. The quitter might have had a bad day, who knows what kind of immediate circumstances they're under.

They annoy me. not because of a should-have-been-won battle, but because when you have a rematch, you realize he just studied your style then goes rampaging through your whole team like a boss.
    or maybe it's just me. because admittedly, I have not much experience in battling online.

But if I'm on the losing side, I won't ragequit. It's just a game anyway. If I lose, then I have no problems about it. when you lose, accept it. learn from it. then improve your game. :)

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I never rage quit in battles. I can understand if a battles not going your way, but you learn from losing it's just a game. I can understand rage quitting in something like mario kart, but then again if your in last in a tournament then your screwed and wasting your time with it. With battles you never know when you can turn it around.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Neeson
    I don't know who are you. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a win, I can tell you that I don't go easy. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make a nightmare for people like you. If you take the loss on your record now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will rant on the internet about you.
    Too many battles in official Pokémon Wi-Fi tournaments end in people rage quitting. Personally, I hate it. If you're going to lose, take the loss record like a man and certainly don't deprive your opponent of a win simply because you don't want any imperfections on your highly valued profile on a children's video game. I no longer battle via Random Matchup because of it.

I'm glad that Black 2/White 2 has introduced a kind of penalty (if a match disconnects, you're not allowed on Wi-Fi for an hour) but Pokémon games need to be able to find out who disconnected and penalise them. Something like the opponent receiving a win but the DCer's record remaining the same, but with the hour loss, should be fair as it accounts for accidental disconnects to.

TheAussie Rayquaza Master Brayquaza64's Avatar

Visit Brayquaza64's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    I'm glad that Black 2/White 2 has introduced a kind of penalty (if a match disconnects, you're not allowed on Wi-Fi for an hour) but Pokémon games need to be able to find out who disconnected and penalise them. Something like the opponent receiving a win but the DCer's record remaining the same, but with the hour loss, should be fair as it accounts for accidental disconnects to.
    Well that's Good/Bad. I hope it lowers the amount of rage quitters. That's a good idea and should be thought about by the developers further.

Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    I actually enjoy people ragequitting on me. It's far more satisfying than a regular win, knowing you frustrated the enemy so much that they just gave it up. Just adds a little extra 'flair' to a win if you will. Still, I can't entirely blame them for doing so. I know how enormously infuriating losing can be.
    Yeah I feel somewhat the same about that. It depends what mood I'm in. You know You must of done good if They know They got no chance of winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfyre View Post
    Ragequitting--it's NEVER okay. It's unfair to your opponent.
    I can agree with that. But what about if you're getting even with someone?

Surprisingly I often get the verse that same person twice or three times in a row when I battle on Random Match-ups. There has been quite a few times where I've been winning then the opponent 'Rage Quits' and I end up versing them again and I 'Rage Quit' just before they win. This way we're now even. But when I'm on B2&W2 waiting an hour to get even isn't really worth it, plus after an hour it will probably be less like for this to happen anyway.
    Try my version of 'Which Pokemon Are You?' quiz for Gates to Infinity. (It is pretty long btw)

Since the game doesn't have one already... (I've used the old questions and the newest Pokemon)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast