Rage quitting - What's your opinion about it?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rage quitting - What's your opinion about it?

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Rage quitting - What's your opinion about it?

There are battles that can be done over the Wi-fi and connections, but in some cases when you're about to win - the opponent rage quits. Of course, the opponent COULD have had a black out, or battery shortage and their DS could've died, losing connection. But out of all moments - could it simply coincide with the moment you're going to win?

This often results in loads of frustration, but let's face it: the opponent was losing at that moment. I wouldn't be surprised if they rage quitted. I probably would've done the same if I was losing a battle.

However, while I know this is simply an action resulting from a burst of emotion, by rage-quitting, the supposed-winner loses their chance to win. In other words, nobody gains anything from the battle except anger.

What do you think about it? Is it a forgivable attitude? Or must there be a penalty? If there IS a penalty for rage-quitting, then is it enough?

Trophies

Default Re: Rage quitting - What's your opinion about it?

I go on related games in which rage quitting is apparent, but my DS cant get wifi so thats annoying, but I'd like to think that an oppenent who quits gets a loss stuck on their record and the person who stays 'til the end will get a win. If not then its totally unacceptible.

I agree there is the occasion where people have to quit, or there DS runs out of charge, but 90% of people who quit at the end of a match will be rage quitting and thats unfair. Pokemon needs to add some kind of penalty in to rage quitters. Something like if you rage quit 5 times then there will be a penalty. The reason I say 5 is because sometimes people genuinly need to quit.

Normally consoles can tell if people lose connection, so that probably wont count towards the penalty if one was implemented.

Huge thanks to Blue Dragon for my EPIC avatar & sig

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

I have 2 wins and 20-something losses. I have never, ever, rage-quit on anybody. I should have about 4-5 wins, but those people rage-quit. So there should be a penalty of some sort.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I do a spot of battling on Pokemon Online sometimes, and it's so annoying when the opponent rage quits. Once I had a Politoed out, and the opponent's Pokemon was weak to water, so he said "F*ck it" and quit. But, alas, there isn't much you can do to stop rage quitters. It's just an annoying thing you have to deal with, I guess. And it probably happens in all Wi-Fi games - it's happened in Mario Kart 7 sometimes, though there it isn't so bad as you're never just facing one ​opponent.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

They're annoying, but they have put a penalty in for rage quitters in BW2.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

There should be a penlty for rage-quiting. Everytime it happens, I littealy explode.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I hate rage-quitters! It's annoying, and they're everywhere! I really can't get a single battle in without someone turning off their DS. I get that that every once in a while it's real, (Happened to me once, ran out of charge. ^^') but usually it's just cause they don't want a loss on their record. >>
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post
    There should be a penlty for rage-quiting. Everytime it happens, I littealy explode.
    Literally? Like, your body gets thrown all over the place? How are you writing right now? I'm interested.

I won't complain about rage-quitters because I am a rage-quitter myself. That's why I stopped playing every single one of my games online a long time ago. I'm a sore loser, and I can't help it. Of course, I only rage-quit when the battle is unfair. For example, it angers me like hell to have all my Pokémon defeated by a single Pokémon, and even more when that Pokémon finishes the battle with full HP. I get the feeling of "You're a loser, you couldn't even touch me". If the battle was close, however, I don't rage-quit, and accept my defeat.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Literally? Like, your body gets thrown all over the place? How are you writing right now? I'm interested.

I won't complain about rage-quitters because I am a rage-quitter myself. That's why I stopped playing every single one of my games online a long time ago. I'm a sore loser, and I can't help it. Of course, I only rage-quit when the battle is unfair. For example, it angers me like hell to have all my Pokémon defeated by a single Pokémon, and even more when that Pokémon finishes the battle with full HP. I get the feeling of "You're a loser, you couldn't even touch me". If the battle was close, however, I don't rage-quit, and accept my defeat.
    Well, I'm like a magical Lego Brick, I regenerate.

What if the last opponents Pokemon defeats you, and has full HP? Do you still rage quit?

I don't rage quit. Even if I'm being totally dominated, hummulated, destroyed, enilated, and all other ways of losing.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

I don't ragequit, but I get occasionally, like if the connection is lost or the DS runs out of charge (the losing connection happened to me once; the wifi decided to be stupid and turn itself off for a while). However, I always seem to get the people who rage quit if they're down to one Pokemon. It's irritating.
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Follow Gigatron On Twitter

It's part of the reason I don't play any games online. I feel that online play with strangers tends to degenerate into an ego-stroking session. As a casual gamer, I am generally always going to be less skilled than "hardcore" gamers who often seem to relish in rubbing their superiority in the face of "noobs". It takes all the fun out of it when a game becomes a method to antagonise people. I'll admit, I'm a sore loser and prone to rage-quitting myself, but I have a lot more fun and don't mind losing when the matches are friendly and based only on having fun. But that's not been my experience. Usually it's always "I'm better than you at a game and that's serious business so GTFO noob". I can't have fun when people (especially adults) are honestly gloating about how much better they are than me at playing with a toy.

On the other hand, my best experiences with online gaming are with actual friends that I know personally, as it's always a much more casual and friendly experience. Sadly, no one I know plays Pokémon, so it's a moot point.
    Shiny Shinx and TwistedSpoon like this.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't like it. It unfairly skews W-L totals. I don't have an impressive wifi record, but it could have been better if certain opponents didn't ragequit on me. (I remember one rotation battle where the other person had one Pokemon left and it had a double weakness against one of mine, so they ragequitted because they knew I was going to switch to that one.)

追放されたバカ

Just how in the Battle Frontier the game technically saves it recording you quit and a loss, so if you quit the game when you restart she will tell you, you quit and its a loss. It's only when you go through all the way at the end and save it overwrites that as you won!

Why not do the same for a Wifi battle, I wouldn't go for a penalty or something, just if you quit, then it records as a loss, if the other guy quits on you, the game says

... quit you won, and lets you save the game showing you won!

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post

Well, I'm like a magical Lego Brick, I regenerate.

What if the last opponents Pokemon defeats you, and has full HP? Do you still rage quit?

I don't rage quit. Even if I'm being totally dominated, hummulated, destroyed, enilated, and all other ways of losing.
    Wow. That is one unique ability o:

It depends. Many things can influence me to rage-quit or not. Critical hits specifically. I know that, in the end, a rage-quit is a rage-quit, and I know it's wrong to do it, but I can't help it. That's why I decided to just not play online anymore.

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It pisses me off completely. I stopped battling over rm just thanks to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast