Question regarding Amazon.com

Thread: Question regarding Amazon.com

Blog Entries

Default Question regarding Amazon.com

I am wondering what is the incentive for preordering Pokemon x and y from Amazon.com and when would i get the game delivered since it's released on a saturday?, if this belongs in another area of the forum, feel free to move it to the correct area, I never done a preorder before.

I love to cause terror and fear. It's intoxicating to the mind from the way it can cause living tanks to curl into a fetal position from their greatest terror.
    Friend Safari code: 4613-6848-4778 Silver

Default Re: Question regarding Amazon.com

Assuming Amazon doesn't ship X&Y prior to release, the game would probably arrive at your home around the 16th or 17th if you're using Prime (they typically send those shipments via UPS and UPS only delivers Monday-Friday if the package isn't marked for Saturday delivery).

I was leaning towards an Amazon purchase myself, but I may hold off unless they have a good preorder bonus.

EDIT: I did a little bit of digging because I've heard mixed things regarding Amazon's delivery. Some people have received preorders sooner than release. I wouldn't bet on that being the case since it seems Amazon differentiates between preorders; some are just normal preorders that guarantee you receive the game around release, and some are release day, meaning you'll have a copy of the game in your hands on release day.

If release day shipping is available for the product it will be on the product page. In X&Y's case it currently doesn't appear to be an option.
    Last edited by Red Inferno; 29th August 2013 at 11:17 PM.
    Pokemon White FC: 0648 4815 7165
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 3869 6438 9106

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I've pre-ordered from Amazon before, although not for awhile. The couple of times I did I remember getting my order on the day of its release. It wasn't before the street date. Even when it was past the release date, it was usually only by a couple of days, but I think that a warehouse isn't too far from where I live, so that probably factors into it as well. For X/Y, I don't think that ordering them off of Amazon would offer any benefits over buying them on the release day at a store.

Blog Entries

makes since, thanks guys

I love to cause terror and fear. It's intoxicating to the mind from the way it can cause living tanks to curl into a fetal position from their greatest terror.
    Friend Safari code: 4613-6848-4778 Silver