Pre-Orders - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Orders

We will be victorious! Eye_Kan_Fly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pre-Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Cosmos View Post
    Well, in Gameplanet (Which is the equivalent of Gamestop in my country), they are giving a lithography as a pre-order bonus. I can't describe what it is exactly. But I've heard it's a piece of art drawn with special inks.
    I think what you're talking about is the cover(s?) of the special edition of the strategy guide, which is printed in lenticular which just means that it's one of those images that changes depending on what angle you're looking at it.

Also, I think that since they're making the special edition DSis that have black or white as part of their bundles, they're gonna opt out of the whole "free giveaway" thing. Either way, I'm not really concerned with free pre-order stuff. Usually they give away free stuff with the pre-order advertise for the game and get more people to buy it, but they honestly don't really need to do that for Pokemon black/white. White version is actually the second game I've ever pre-ordered, after SSBB, which didn't come with any free bonuses, so I'm not really to concerned with whether or not there's extra stuff.
    Check out my blog! I'm reviewing the design/appearance of ALL the Pokemon! Most recent entries: Elgyem/Beheeyem (Jul 3), Scraggy/Scrafty & Regirock/Regice/Registeel/Regigigas (Jul 4)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EyeKanFly View Post
    Also, I think that since they're making the special edition DSis that have black or white as part of their bundles, they're gonna opt out of the whole "free giveaway" thing. Either way, I'm not really concerned with free pre-order stuff. Usually they give away free stuff with the pre-order advertise for the game and get more people to buy it, but they honestly don't really need to do that for Pokemon black/white. White version is actually the second game I've ever pre-ordered, after SSBB, which didn't come with any free bonuses, so I'm not really to concerned with whether or not there's extra stuff.
    I heard about the Tao Dragon decorated DSi's, but how were they released in the japanese release? I can't really remember.....

"Welcome, my comrades, to my frozen abyss.~"
    Anime Characters Claimed: Mighty, Shirobon, Shout (Bomberman Jetters)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiramu Kuromu View Post
    I heard about the Tao Dragon decorated DSi's, but how were they released in the japanese release? I can't really remember.....
    um... honestly I'm not too sure.

Ahh, here's some information.

Well, they were released on November 20th, and from what I can tell they've sold pretty well. They've been sold at all retailers, unlike the Diamond/Pearl special edition DS's which were only sold at Pokemon Center stores. The special D/P ds's didn't end up making it to the US, and most sources on the special edition DSi's seem unsure whether they'll come out in the US or Europe. Personally I think they will, just because they've been more widely available in Japan, they're bound to be released in the Americas and Europe.
    Check out my blog! I'm reviewing the design/appearance of ALL the Pokemon! Most recent entries: Elgyem/Beheeyem (Jul 3), Scraggy/Scrafty & Regirock/Regice/Registeel/Regigigas (Jul 4)

Blog Entries

Ahh, here's some information.

Well, they were released on November 20th, and from what I can tell they've sold pretty well. They've been sold at all retailers, unlike the Diamond/Pearl special edition DS's which were only sold at Pokemon Center stores. The special D/P ds's didn't end up making it to the US, and most sources on the special edition DSi's seem unsure whether they'll come out in the US or Europe. Personally I think they will, just because they've been more widely available in Japan, they're bound to be released in the Americas and Europe.
    I think those are already confirmed for EU release, not sure about US though
    Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic.
    Fanclub for an underloved Trash Pokemon...
    JP White FC: Joey 5457 5199 6851
    EN Black FC: Lipanda 3825 7876 0484

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yabukuron View Post
    I think those are already confirmed for EU release, not sure about US though
    I can't imagine them releasing them in Europe and not in the US. I mean, it prints money right?

They didn't? I have one on my bookshelf right now... http://www.techgadgets.in/images/nintendo-ds-limited-edition-pokemon-pack.jpg

Unless I am misreading what you said. From what I understand they where limited to only a few per store. The Gamestop I bought mine at had a few left over for a while though.
    Last edited by Tyrannotaur; 19th January 2011 at 09:55 PM.

3DS Friend Code- 2595-1082-4370-
    My Friend Safari is Ghost with Pumpkaboo, Lampent, and Golurk

Blog Entries

I can't imagine them releasing them in Europe and not in the US. I mean, it prints money right?
    They removed the money printer on the Nintendo DSi

I hate the DSi with a passion

But yeah
    Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic.
    Fanclub for an underloved Trash Pokemon...
    JP White FC: Joey 5457 5199 6851
    EN Black FC: Lipanda 3825 7876 0484

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannotaur View Post
    They didn't? I have one on my bookshelf right now... http://www.techgadgets.in/images/nintendo-ds-limited-edition-pokemon-pack.jpg

Unless I am misreading what you said. From what I understand they where limited to only a few per store. The Gamestop I bought mine at had a few left over for a while though.
    Yeah, my local Gamestop only had a few, so I had to send someone out in order to nab me one.

Then my freaking Wal-Mart got them. I'm not kidding; we had several of them in our Electronics department for months. I wanted to nab an extra one but never had the blasted cash.

I'd love it if they released those B/W DSis over here but man, I don't think my wallet could take the hit. I have to eat, you know.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries

It'll be a shame if we don't get any preorder bonuses for this generation.I guess Nintendo saw how well Pokemon B/W did in Japan and basically said, "Screw the preorder gifts, they'll buy it anyway"...

I think ToysRUs will have their own exclusive preorder gifts like sticker sheets, posters, etc. I was very disappointed about Japan's preorder gifts though.

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Frugrow View Post
    It'll be a shame if we don't get any preorder bonuses for this generation.I guess Nintendo saw how well Pokemon B/W did in Japan and basically said, "Screw the preorder gifts, they'll buy it anyway"...

I think ToysRUs will have their own exclusive preorder gifts like sticker sheets, posters, etc. I was very disappointed about Japan's preorder gifts though.
    Wow. Now that you mention it, I've heard nothing about pre-order bonuses. My friend works at GameStop, I'll ask her if she knows anything tomorrow.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

The Black and White Limited Edition Nintendo DSi bundles are confirmed for Europe; although I have yet to see them at a British retailer, I know British versions do exist. Also, the DP Special DS did make it to America.

Also, if anything, I'd say we're not getting them because everyone raged at Japan's bonuses.

Blog Entries

the UK toys-r-us preorder rubbish was announced ages ago but i haven't seen any threads about it (not worth a thread imo) it's a stylus thingy & an accessory kit - the website has all the details

i've heard no news on any other stores
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

Blog Entries

for those of us in the uk, game are currently doing pre orders, dunno about bonuses yet
    "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

Arthur Conan Doyle

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Rainbow_Starworld/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

best price i've seen so far are...

http://www.zavvi.com/ at £27.85 with free delivery
    http://www.hmv.com/ has it at £29.99
    http://www.play.com/ is £29.99 too
    http://www.game.co.uk/ has it at £29.99 as well but you do get GAME points
    http://www.toysrus.co.uk/ has it for £28.99 with the freebies

they're some of the best online UK retailers imo & TRU has won it for me - i paid today to pick them up in store on release day (hey it's on the way home from work!)
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

It looks like gamestop will be opting out of the preorder bonuses in the US. They still haven't announced anything, and they seem a lot less excited than say TRU about the upcoming release.
    Been gone for a long while. I might be back....
    Blops2, lot's and lot's of Blops2

Finally got my shiny Axew

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast