Is it possible that Pokemon X and Y will be rated something higher than E? - Page 9

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Is it possible that Pokemon X and Y will be rated something higher than E?

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Is it possible that Pokemon X and Y will be rated something higher than E?

I wouldn't think it'd be anything too deep or violent outside of battles. The worst thing that happened in PMD in terms of violence would probably be:

I don't think it'll be anything too dark based on that, but who knows?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is it possible that Pokemon X and Y will be rated something higher than E?

Finally, the games were rated E for "Comic Mischief and Mild Cartoon Violence" (same descriptors than Gen V)... But the European PEGI Version was rated 7, while all previous installments so far were rated 3. That means the games may be just a little darker than Gen V, while still being kid-friendly.

Blog Entries
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchWaterPsychic View Post
    Finally, the games were rated E for "Comic Mischief and Mild Cartoon Violence" (same descriptors than Gen V)... But the European PEGI Version was rated 7, while all previous installments so far were rated 3. That means the games may be just a little darker than Gen V, while still being kid-friendly.
    No. It's because the stereoscopic 3D might cause eye damage to children under 7, so to avoid any potential issues with angry parents, they rised up the recommended age to the minimum age that can use the 3DS to its full with no health risks.
    Also, you need reading skills to enjoy the game, which a 3 year old most probably can't do yet.

Now that the games' rating has been confirmed, there's no point for this thread, so is it right to close it? Or should we change the title to "Is it possible that future Pokémon games will be rated higher than E"?
    Phoenixon likes this.

Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VeggiePopper View Post

No. It's because the stereoscopic 3D might cause eye damage to children under 7, so to avoid any potential issues with angry parents, they rised up the recommended age to the minimum age that can use the 3DS to its full with no health risks.

I wasn't aware of that, thanks. It's weird because I have at least two games rated 3 and I know there are others. So that mean there won't be any more 3-rated games on the 3DS ?

Follow Combusken on Tumblr

Default Re: Is possible that Pokemon X and Y will be rated something higher than E?

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    You know, it is entirely possible to make something "mature" while still keeping it appropriate for children, as long as the definition of mature you're using isn't "extra vulgarity and edginess for no real reason". Which is something I damn well hope the Pokemon games never do, by the way.
    Seriously.

This is why I always roll my eyes at people who say they want a higher-rated/"more mature" Pokemon game. (coming from a so-called "older fan")

Mega Torchic.
    (I couldn't think of a good username so I used my fav pokemon)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789