Is it possible that Pokemon X and Y will be rated something higher than E? - Page 3

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: Is it possible that Pokemon X and Y will be rated something higher than E?

Default Re: Is possible that Pokemon X and Y will be rated something higher than E?

I don't know, but it could be if it is one of the more violent games. Then again, in PMD: 3DS,
    and yet it is E.
    My YouTube Vids (Pokémon White 2, Randomized Emerald and soon Platinum)

-Why don't use Pokémon who you like instead of powerful ones? You'll have fun in every battle and winning gives more satisfaction!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is possible that Pokemon X and Y will be rated something higher than E?

Colosseum was not funny. Pokémon attacked humans, and it was still E-rated.
    PMD2 was E-rated. It was in ways even darker.
    Battle Revolution was E-rated (PEGI 7+ in Europe). XY battles are also in 3D, and even blockier than on the Wii.
    I never played the Rumble games, which were E10

Since it's just a standard handheld Pokémon game, I don't see what would make them E10 in America (maybe not even 7+ in Europe)

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's all about the "fantasy violence" aspect. If it's not realistic, then it's less likely to bump the rating. In games involving shooting, the difference between E, T, and M would be if a character simply fell over/ disappeared upon getting shot (or if the gun was unrealistic) or shedding lots of blood realistically.

Graphical limitations also play a part. There are a couple scenes in BW2 where people hit each other, but the overworld sprites aren't able to show much other than the bump into each other. (the dialogue helps viewers understand the scenes, though)

I also agree that the only games involving Pokemon that get higher than an E10 will be Smash Bros.

(On a movie-related note, look at how many G-rated animated films got away with deaths and frightening action. Lots of animated movies being released are PG now, but some more recent G flicks like the Princess and the Frog and Ghibli's Arrietty aren't always happy kiddy fests.)
    Jenneta likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by DaPandaBear View Post
    Oh God, no. Pokemon is supposed to be for kids and (I'm gonna get so much hate for saying this but I'll say it anyway) a large majority of Pokemon players stop playing it by the time they hit the teens. If Pokemon starts aiming for older audiences then the popularity will take a dive. The audience that Pokemon was originally aimed for, kids ages 3-12, wouldn't be able to play it because their parents won't let them, shaving off around 60-80% of audiences because that percentage are the kids which leaves 20-40% left which are people our age. Believe it or not, when kids become teens, they usually either stop playing video games or play something more aimed towards teens like CoD (please don't hate on me for this, I'm just speaking what I observe and I will gladly say that I am one of those still playing Pokemon at 16).
    You'll be actually surprised at how many adults play pokemon - and with pokemon being out for 15 years, GameFreak would have to consider the current players.

The adults now - those who had been regular consumers of their products, form a strong base they can't neglect. Surely GF knows that - and I can't help but think they made Gen5 with a darker tone to appeal to both kids and adults - and it's the older players who can truly understand what's been going on in the games, and how it was made with high quality. Kids don't usually think deeply about what Ghetsis has done to his own kid and merely goes "yayz i cleared my game".

So even though the kids are the main target of their products - GF isn't blind about who buys their stuff. While the games will always be rated E - there will be content that have depth that kids won't be able to fully understand until they are older.

Visit szmty's Youtube Channel

I'd love to see a more mature game in the Pokémon series. However it seems unlikely that X and Y will be more mature than B/W/B2/W2; It looks that the next main-series games will be more light hearted actually, due to the colours and lightning, the look of the characters and Pokémon so far. I could see a spin-off being more serious however, possibly getting up to a E+10 rating. When people say 'mature', they mean deep, serious and complex, not necessarily guns, cussing and sex. I can't see GAME FREAK doing higher-rated games and I hope they don't do it. E+10 is like the limit for them.
    My prediction is that X and Y will be E, just like all other past games.
    Jenneta likes this.

Well if X and Y chromosomes are going to be a major theme as some have speculated, maybe a higher rating is nessecary.
    RainbowSylveon likes this.

Probably won't happen, but it would be interesting.

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

E10+ at the highest. Pokemon has never been known for maturity, and that will never change. Like Dark Blueberry said, future games, possibly including X and Y, may have darker undertones that only the older fans would understand, but would still be appropriate enough for kids to play.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

I don't think it'll happen, and honestly, I don't want it to. The hilarious innuendo is all we need, and there's plenty of it, even in the English versions. What else would you want? We can get a complex plot without increasing the rating, as BW showed, so what for?
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Blog Entries

What aspect of Pokémon could possibly be amped-up enough, yet still remain characteristically Pokémon, that would need a higher rating? All the improvements I could see don't need to raise the rating, not even more philosophical plots. If it's gonna raise the rating, it doesn't belong in Pokémon.

Isn't that a characteristic of Pokémon? It's a game that aims to be enjoyable by anyone and everyone, even casual gamers, but still boasts a good plot and robust, strategic gameplay once you look deeper into the underlying themes and the more complicated game mechanics.

But I don't see GF doing it anyway since, as has been stated before, Game Freak likes playing it safe.
    Jenneta likes this.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Anythings possible. A rating change however is unlikely.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

No.

Follow vulpix On Twitter Add vulpix on Google+
    Follow vulpix on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by szmty View Post
    I'd love to see a more mature game in the Pokémon series. However it seems unlikely that X and Y will be more mature than B/W/B2/W2; It looks that the next main-series games will be more light hearted actually, due to the colours and lightning, the look of the characters and Pokémon so far. I could see a spin-off being more serious however, possibly getting up to a E+10 rating. When people say 'mature', they mean deep, serious and complex, not necessarily guns, cussing and sex. I can't see GAME FREAK doing higher-rated games and I hope they don't do it. E+10 is like the limit for them.
    My prediction is that X and Y will be E, just like all other past games.
    I don't think most people mean deep serious or complex when they are talking about 'mature' games. And anyway Game Freak is doing that! Think about the plot of Black/White/2
    (I am "vulpix" in the bulbagarden irc chat! Come talk to me!) (I like black women!)

The reason Game Corner was removed from European Gen IV games was because if they didn't, it would've automatically resulted in a 16 rating.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

The highest we will ever get to is Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl, which do not count at all.

The highest, if possible, is E10+, which can work, even if X and Y turn out to be darker than Black 2 and White 2.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast