Possible Nintendo eShop Pokemon X and Y demo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Possible Nintendo eShop Pokemon X and Y demo?

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Possible Nintendo eShop Pokemon X and Y demo?

In the past, we have seen demos for popular and anticipated games for 3DS. As Pokemon X and Y are on the anticipated list, could there be a possibility for a Nintendo eShop demo? If so, how would they be presented? Would we play a small portion of the beginning of the actual games before the demo ends? Or could they give us a few select routes to play in with random Pokemon for us to use? With all the different possibilities, what do you guys expect?

I, myself, expect demos for the two games where we would play a bit of the beginning of the games before the demo concludes. That would be enough to give players a sense of how the full titles play out, and what the basics are. It would help draw beginners in and show fans like us what is new in the presentation.

Update: If there is ever going to be an eShop demo for Pokemon X and Y, we could expect them when we are getting closer to the launch dates.
    Last edited by Mega Uncle Edit Y; 31st January 2013 at 08:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Possible Nintendo eShop Pokemon X and Y demo?

I think if there was a demo then your first suggestion would be how they did it. That's how the Fire Emblem demo is, anyway. However, It doesn't seem like the most recent 3DS pokemon game was given a demo, (Pokemon Rumble Blast) so I'm unsure that they would release demos of future pokemon games. Assuming you can buy the game on the eShop though there will probably be a nice video.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Goodbye friends, I'll miss you all <3
    Blog Entries

Pokemon Rumble Blast was released pretty early in the 3DS's lifetime, and I don't remember them starting to release demos until a little bit later.

If there is player customization in XY, they could do like Fire Emblem: Awakening did and only allow you to use a default character in the demo (I was a little disappointed with that because the default was a guy and I wanted to play as a girl). I don't know if allowing player customization in that demo would have resulted in a very bulky demo in terms of the number of blocks or what. Another option would be to have it be like the soon-to-be-released Etrian Odyssey 4 demo, where any progress you make will get transfered to the full game once you get it. I think the latter would be awesome, because it'd suck if you got attached to the demo Pokemon without any way of using them later :/

Seems a bit early for a demo. D: Maybe 3 months from now. We haven't even had official art of the player characters. >n> I want official art before we get a demo.
    Eradia likes this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Probably around E3, where I also expect it to be.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Nemo me impune lacessit Dialgarules's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luminosity View Post
    If there is player customization in XY, they could do like Fire Emblem: Awakening did and only allow you to use a default character in the demo (I was a little disappointed with that because the default was a guy and I wanted to play as a girl). I don't know if allowing player customization in that demo would have resulted in a very bulky demo in terms of the number of blocks or what. Another option would be to have it be like the soon-to-be-released Etrian Odyssey 4 demo, where any progress you make will get transfered to the full game once you get it. I think the latter would be awesome, because it'd suck if you got attached to the demo Pokemon without any way of using them later :/
    In the FEA demo, I thought you could choose a girl if you wanted, but since I'm a guy who plays as a guy, I didn't explore that option. I know you can't change any of the other features.

I envision the demo as basically the first 30 minutes or so of the game. Essentially the opening scene, first route, and second town. Maybe the second route, but that's pushing it. The demos are supposed to take about 30 minutes anyway, so I probably wouldn't get too attached to the Pokémon generated in it.

Yes, I know FEA means ugly.

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

If there is a demo (which would exite me more), I wish it would only, say, go up to the first or second gym, so we can see how it's like and stuff.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

I'd imagine the XY demo would be similar to demos of previous generations. (they'd have them in places like Nintendo World or GameStop) They give you a few pre-determined Pokemon and let you battle a bunch of trainers.

Blog Entries

i'm not familiar with demos like this... could someone explain how they work exactly? would it cost money?

i really can't see any demo being a good idea though, unless you can transfer over any pokemon you catch to when the games come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Pie View Post
    i'm not familiar with demos like this... could someone explain how they work exactly? would it cost money?

i really can't see any demo being a good idea though, unless you can transfer over any pokemon you catch to when the games come out.
    Demos never cost money. At least none that I've ever heard of. And the point of demos isn't to keep data or transfer pokemon, it's for new players to get a small taste of the what the games are like before buying them.

I'm hoping for a demo, but I don't really care much if there isn't one.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

A small demo would be nice. Maybe just a town and part of a route where you can get into a few wild battles and/or a trainer battle using a few Pokemon, I would enjoy that type of demo. I dont think sadly that the Pokemon will be able to be transfered to the game though.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I remember that the BW demos at the mall tour involved a bunch of DSes with either game that started at the title screen. The demo itself took place in Icirrus going north toward the Dragonspiral Tower. You were randomized as either player character with a random starter, a Deerling, and a Zorua. Then you talked to people and battled Bianca and Cheren. There was no catching Pokemon involved, and I don't know if the grass was programmed for wild encounters. The demo ended when you met up with Juniper on the dock leading to Dragonspiral Tower where she said some things, and then it switched to a CGI cutscene of the opposite version mascot standing there in the tower.

I don't know if the eShop can randomize stuff like that, but the demo content probably won't take place in the actual game, judging from the BW example above.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

A demo would be really cool. It would give people a chance to experience a bit of game play before the games come out and potentially make more people interested in getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRed View Post
    Seems a bit early for a demo. D: Maybe 3 months from now. We haven't even had official art of the player characters. >n> I want official art before we get a demo.
    This.

A demo would be nice, but I think it'd be more appropriate if it highlighted some of the new features in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Rawr! Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dialgarules View Post
    In the FEA demo, I thought you could choose a girl if you wanted, but since I'm a guy who plays as a guy, I didn't explore that option. I know you can't change any of the other features.
    Did the FEA demo, and it won't let me choose female in the demo, even if I try.

As for X and Y, I imagine them doing a couple routes and maybe the first gym before it ends.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast