Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon - Page 5

View Poll Results: Poll: What do you think 2013 have in store for Pokemon?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gen III remakes

    44 38.60%
  • Anoucement/start of Gen VI

    38 33.33%
  • Console 3D arena game

    9 7.89%
  • Classic spin-off (MD Ranger etc)

    8 7.02%
  • A new spin-off

    10 8.77%
  • Nothing

    5 4.39%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 119
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

  1. #61
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Form11ess 5hot View Post
    Lucario wasn't a legendary and it still got all the spotlight in movie 8
    Because it was a new Pokémon at the time... This isn't about being legendary or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garulu
    That means Genesect will be revealed as the main star of the next movie in February 2013 and the new Pokémon in February 2014.
    Genesect has already been revealed to be featured in the movie. The February announcement will no doubt be about something else.

  2. #62
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Do you guys want to see Gen IV remakes in Gen VI?
    If possible, yes, absolutely. I freaking love Gen IV.
    I don't know why they have to stop making remakes. It is good for Game Freak and it is good for us.

    Again, I see no problem in Gen VI debuting next year, even though I think 2013 is too early for 100 or more new Pokémon.
    I just don't see it happening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Genesect has already been revealed to be featured in the movie. The February announcement will no doubt be about something else.
    He will be the star of next year movie? I didn't know it was confirmed.

    If that is the case, the February announcement should be of Generation VI Lucario/Zoroark. But how it proves that Gen VI comes next year?

  3. #63
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,663
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Garulu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Do you guys want to see Gen IV remakes in Gen VI?
    If possible, yes, absolutely. I freaking love Gen IV.
    I don't know why they have to stop making remakes. It is good for Game Freak and it is good for us.

    Again, I see no problem in Gen VI debuting next year, even though I think 2013 is too early for 100 or more new Pokémon.
    I just don't see it happening.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Genesect has already been revealed to be featured in the movie. The February announcement will no doubt be about something else.
    He will be the star of next year movie? I didn't know it was confirmed.

    If that is the case, the February announcement should be of Generation VI Lucario/Zoroark. But how it proves that Gen VI comes next year?
    Then I guess it should be a new Gen6 pokemon along with the rest of Gen3. Seriously, it's time they made a remake for it.

  4. #64
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Garulu View Post
    He will be the star of next year movie? I didn't know it was confirmed.
    It was confirmed by a teaser shown after Movie 15 (which had a special premiere three days ago).

    If that is the case, the February announcement should be of Generation VI Lucario/Zoroark. But how it proves that Gen VI comes next year?
    It doesn't prove it, but it strongly supports the theory at hand. If they didn't want to release Generation VI next year, why would they be rushing the release of the event Pokémon? Why wouldn't they make Genesect the primary star?

    Quote Originally Posted by Form11ess 5hot
    Then I guess it should be a new Gen6 pokemon along with the rest of Gen3. Seriously, it's time they made a remake for it.
    You expect them to promote Genesect, Generation VI and the remakes all in one movie?

  5. #65
    Stars, Rainbows and Stars Chronos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Seafoam Islands
    Posts
    1,048
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Garulu View Post
    Again, I see no problem in Gen VI debuting next year, even though I think 2013 is too early for 100 or more new Pokémon.
    I just don't see it happening.
    What about it makes it too early? I don't really understand. As I've said, this has happened before in Gens I and II. Just because Gens III and IV were four years long doesn't mean Gen V has to be.
    YamiiDenryuu, El_ and Scarftail like this.

  6. #66
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garulu View Post
    He will be the star of next year movie? I didn't know it was confirmed.
    It was confirmed by a teaser shown after Movie 15 (which had a special premiere three days ago).

    It doesn't prove it, but it strongly supports the theory at hand. If they didn't want to release Generation VI next year, why would they be rushing the release of the event Pokémon? Why wouldn't they make Genesect the primary star?
    Nice, thanks for providing the source. The fact the Genesect will appear in the next movie makes me happy.
    But I don't get why are you saying that it will not be the primary star? Am I missing something here?

    I fail to see how they are rushing to release Genesect, I mean, the last important Pokémon of Sinnoh (Arceus) was the main star of the third D&P movie, like Genesect may be the star of the third B&W movie. If they want to release Generation VI next year, shouldn't they make the next movie about a new Pokémon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    What about it makes it too early? I don't really understand. As I've said, this has happened before in Gens I and II. Just because Gens III and IV were four years long doesn't mean Gen V has to be.
    Exactly because Gen III and IV lasted for four years. The fact that the two first generations were three years long does not change the fact that the two last generations were four years long. But again, Generation V mirrored so many aspects of the two first generations...

  7. #67
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Garulu View Post
    Nice, thanks for providing the source. The fact the Genesect will appear in the next movie makes me happy.
    But I don't get why are you saying that it will not be the primary star? Am I missing something here?

    I fail to see how they are rushing to release Genesect, I mean, the last important Pokémon of Sinnoh (Arceus) was the main star of the third D&P movie, like Genesect may be the star of the third B&W movie. If they want to release Generation VI next year, shouldn't they make the next movie about a new Pokémon?
    I think you know the answer to that. Ever since 2003, the primary star of every movie has been revealed in February. Anything announced before February plays a lesser role in the movie.

  8. #68
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I think you know the answer to that. Ever since 2003, the primary star of every movie has been revealed in February. Anything announced before February plays a lesser role in the movie.
    Well, if you say... Poor Genesect.

    I though the main star of every movie were the first to be revealed...

  9. #69
    Registered User Anser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    POKÉMON BATTLE REVOLUTION 2, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. PLEASE. And this time, Game Freak, make it RIGHT. Not like that piece of shit that is Pokémon Battle Revolution. Make it more like a Pokémon Stadium 3 and I'll be more than happy and you'll have my 50$ any day.
    Then why u no ask for Stadium 3 instead of Battle Revolution 2? :P
    Because I know that Stadium 3 is very unlikely to exist U__U

  10. #70
    Monster Professor Dr. Mecha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    397

    Default Re: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

    I expect gen 6 to be released next year internationally, so I can have something for my 3DS.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

    Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

  11. #71
    Registered User ZMT123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    162
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

    2013 will likely have a console 3D arena game, Gen III remakes, and the announcement of Gen VI in Q4 of 2013, with M16 starring a Gen VI pokemon.

  12. #72
    Burning 8s 8ther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Worlds Beyond
    Posts
    666
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

    Quote Originally Posted by ZMT123 View Post
    2013 will likely have a console 3D arena game, Gen III remakes, and the announcement of Gen VI in Q4 of 2013, with M16 starring a Gen VI pokemon.
    As good as all those would sound odds are in 2013 we'er only getting gen VI and maybe a console 3d arena game

  13. #73
    Tail Slap Scarftail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    193

    Visit Scarftail's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

    Warning: Long.

    So...want my reasoning as to why Gen VI is very likely to occur late next year or early 2014? I know nobody has posted on this thread for two months, but I've been searching for threads such as this anyway. In an "Iwata Asks" interview with Game Freak about B2W2, Junichi Masuda mentioned how he wanted these games to remain on the DS for the sake of 'traveling the same world' and noticing all the differences added in. He mentioned that Iwata was pushing them to do something original if they insisted on keeping it on the DS. That's why decided on sequels instead of two third versions (the latter being what they originally planned to do, at least from memory). So...you can easily see that Iwata and Nintendo in general are rushing them to release a 3DS main series game. Now, the thing is, if we see R/S remakes (which in my opinion is unnecessary other than for nostalgia, at this point), they simply can't be the next main series games. Gen V DS remakes of R/S is almost assured not a possibility. I also can't see them being Gen V games on the 3DS since that would honestly be a poor way to introduce the main series into a new console. Plus, Game Freak seems against the idea of having multiple consoles in the same generation anyway, based on that interview mentioned above. So, now we're left with two possibilities as to what will happen next: Gen VI will be announced early next year and debut late next year or early 2014 on the 3DS (a new Pokemon could co-star with Genesect like many people have been predicting), or Game Freak won't mind irritating Nintendo further by releasing yet another Gen V DS game. Another factor that supports this theory: there has never been a period of time in between the newest console's release and the newest generation's release that lasted two years. Since we're already at that two-year mark, I don't think Game Freak wants to keep their consumers waiting for too much longer. All I can say is: if they want to release a main series game on the DS, it better be something unexpected, like B2W2 were, even if they sorta fell short of expectations. If they absolutely must remake each generation, then Gen III must be remade during Gen VI as opposed to Gen V, or else Game Freak will seem like they have a lack of faith in the 3DS. I would also enjoy it a lot more if it replaced the third version for Gen VI (as in no third legendary). I would love it if Gens V and VI changed the release pattern by not releasing remakes. They already changed the release pattern by opting to release sequels instead of a third version (even if it wasn't originally planned). It would suck if they reverted back to the previous formula at this point.

    By the way, just for reference, Game Freak had the 3DS development tools since early 2010, so if Gen VI is released late next year, they will have had nearly four years to work on it (unless they shoved the Gen VI project to the side until a certain point).
    ____________________________________________________________________
    Others summarized this very well. Go read their analyses of the topic if you want a shorter version of this.

    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f650/genesect-revealed-wi-fi-event-136064/index4.html#post4183269

    Gen V has officially become underated
    I wrap my long, white tail around my neck to show off. I also repel dust and static electricity.

  14. #74
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    22,008
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

    I think there will be either Gen 6 or RS remakes for the 3DS. The latter would be unconventional because they've never before debuted on a new system with remakes, but who knows, anything can happen at this point. Whatever it is, I think it is sure to be on the 3DS. Other than that I see a 3D game for the Wii U possibly being released or Ranger 4 for 3DS.

  15. #75
    Face of mercy? NOPE Yato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    6,663
    Blog Entries
    435

    Follow Yato on Tumblr

    Default Re: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

    I change my mind... slightly.

    The most logical would be Gen III remakes instead of Gen 5. We already got B2W2 in the market, so it's likely that they'd probably keep Gen 5 for a while - and add the Hoenn remakes along. Just how HGSS appeared after DPPt.

    As for Gen 6 - maybe in 2014?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •