Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon - Page 3

View Poll Results: Poll: What do you think 2013 have in store for Pokemon?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gen III remakes

44 38.60%
  • Anoucement/start of Gen VI

38 33.33%
  • Console 3D arena game

9 7.89%
  • Classic spin-off (MD Ranger etc)

8 7.02%
  • A new spin-off

10 8.77%
  • Nothing

5 4.39%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

Blog Entries

Default Re: Poll: What will 2013 have in store for Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Exor View Post
    Anything but Generation 6. I don't know why everyone thinks that....
    Quote Originally Posted by Javier952 View Post
    One question. Why do so many people want to rush through Gen. 5 ?
    People brought 3DS and want new main games to be released in this console. They want Generation V to end already, because they always release all games of a Generation in only one console (With exception of Gen II), so the actual needs to end for Game Freak to release Generation VI on 3Ds. But you know, I am yet to see a evidence pointing towards Generation V ending next year. If anything, the evidences points towards R/S remakes.

~Love Is Hard To Define~ Midnight Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What would be out of the blue if Game Freak makes a third version for Black and White 2. On a serious note, I think there might be Ruby and Sapphire remakes or the start of Generation VI.

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

I think Gen V will end next year. Late next year. Maybe around September/October.

I would love R/S remakes. I'm thinking they'll be released around April/May/June 2013.

Also, there's the 16th movie which should be released on July. Meaning Gen V will be ending soon.

Team Black

Team White

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Force Fire View Post
    Also, there's the 16th movie which should be released on July. Meaning Gen V will be ending soon.
    And how that means that Gen V will be ending soon? There were movies in the previous generations too, four in each generation.

If anything, that means that Gen V is far from ending, since only the first movie was released.

- First Gen V movie: Zekrom/Reshiram/Victini
    - Second Gen V movie: Kyurem/Musketeers
    - Third Gen V movie: Probably Genesect
    - Fourth Gen V movie: Lucario/Zoroark of Generation VI.

Blog Entries

The 16th movie is slated for a 2013 release date. Did you mean the 15th movie?

Anyway, if we're following the trends of Gens III and IV, then this Gen isn't even half over. Gen VI will almost certainly not debut in 2013. I expect a mid to late 2014 debut for Gen VI.

For 2013, I expect RSE remakes. Actually, I don't really know what to expect since Gen V has shattered a few traditions.

Bulbapedia Administrator Force Fire's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

No I meant Movie 16. It should be released at around July next year.

And I completely forgot that movie 16 would be Gen V movie number 3 (I counted the 14th movie as separate for some reason). But yeah. In that case, Gen V is indeed far from over..

Team Black

Team White

I dont know about the 6th generation but im sure there will be a new spin off and maybe a generation 3 remake ..
    ~~~~trying to hatch a shiny Vulpix~~~~

Blog Entries

No I meant Movie 16. It should be released at around July next year.

And I completely forgot that movie 16 would be Gen V movie number 3 (I counted the 14th movie as separate for some reason). But yeah. In that case, Gen V is indeed far from over..
    How is it being the third BW movie mean the generation is far from over? The generation is not dictated by movie release, but by game release. Genesect has been revealed to be in movie 16 in the previews, meaning the usual "hidden Pokemon" star is something else, i.e., a Gen VI Pokemon. If Genesect is co-staring with another old Pokemon, then the old Pokemon would have made its appearance in the preview, with Genesect being revealed as the big surprise at a later date. The only reason to reveal Genesect now is because Game Freak needs it to be. This is evident in the National Pokedex Guide for BW2, which will be a complete Pokedex, including Genesect (this information was leaked by their pamphlet). This means Genesect is being revealed by the time these guides come out, meaning there is no surprise left for this generation. There's also BW2's early July release as opposed to September, going in line with the notion that Nintendo wishes to move focus from the DS and Wii to the 3DS and WiiU by the end of this year.

Note that because of this early release, this year's movie is promoting BW2. The movie promoting HgSs didn't happen until the year after, and when that movie arrived, it was also ushering in the new generation with Zoroark.

What exactly are next years movies going to promote? There's no main series game released for this September, and this year's movie is promoting BW2. Genesect will also be old news (almost a year old) by the time the movie releases given that it should be revealed by August thanks to the guides. That means there is nothing for next year's movie to promote.

So I ask again, why is only having three movies indicative that this generation is not ending? Because of past patterns that have had more movies? The only reason those had more movies is because there was also remakes, and like I said earlier, the only reason people expect this generation to continue four years is because they expect remakes to be released. Granted, that logic makes more sense than "only three movies have been released so far"--are people honestly forgetting that the anime advertises the games, and is built around the game's schedule and not the other way around? If the generation is to last only three years, it is natural for it to only have three movies. The anime producers wanting to make four isn't going to force the people in charge of their source material to extend it an extra year when the anime is just one big ad.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 3rd July 2012 at 02:58 AM.
    Owain, sonic10158 and Hidden Mew like this.

Generation three remake, and perhaps another spinoff.

I don't know what to expect, but I'm hoping for a 3D arena console game for the Wii, just one of much better quality than PBR was and more in line than the stadium games having all Pokemon as rentals (or at least the fully evolved ones).

I'm torn over wanting the remakes not to come out of spite, and wanting them to come so people will shut the hell up about them.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Gen 6 and the golden age of Pokemon. People don't realize it, but its gonna be one hell of a generation. GF has so much breathing space in terms of what they can do on a console wide scale for features, like the play coins, DLC, streetpass, spotpass, so on so forth, the consoles gonna be a major point in Pokemon truly evolving if things go right, and lets not even begin to imagine how fresh going through the notions with the games is going be. We won't be able to know ANYTHING about the games till we all play through them and find it for ourselves. Rom dumps are stopping at B2W2, and until the 3DS gets hacked, which is looking like its not, we won't even know about the event legendaries! Its going to be so god damn glorious wondering and thinking if any of are planned, or if they created them on a whim. Nothing is going to stop the games feeling fresh, NOTHING. Analyzing the games will take months, not days, to get everything out of it, or at least everything that we can access. I so can't wait for it to come.
    Gaga, Zistal and CuboneKing like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Some new spin-offs, like Ranger 4 and PMD3, hopefully RSEmakes, and GenVI in the last months.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

RS remakes for the 3DS or gen VI is all I'm hoping for

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Generation 6 is obviously what will happen.

Why anyone would think RSE remakes will come out instead is beyond me. Everything is against that concept.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zistal View Post
    Why anyone would think RSE remakes will come out instead is beyond me. Everything is against that concept.
    Actually, there is a lot of things pointing towards the remakes.

If anything, everything is against Generation 6 happening next year.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast