POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

View Poll Results: Sould the Gen VI games feature a post-game trip an old region?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Hoenn

    6 27.27%
  • Yes Sinnoh

    3 13.64%
  • Yes both Hoenn and Sinnoh

    5 22.73%
  • Nah i prefer Kanto or Johto

    1 4.55%
  • No keep Gen VI one region and stick to remakes

    7 31.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

  1. #1
    Burning 8s 8ther's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Worlds Beyond
    Posts
    666
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

    Since Gen V now have two sequels games odds are Gen VI will follow the same route axing the chances of Gen III and Gen IV both getting remakes in the same gen so i want to know do you think it would a good idea if the next gen were to feature a post game event like G/S/C allowing you to go to Hoenn or Sinnoh to make up for no R/S/E remakes this gen and no D/P/P remakes in gen VI?


    EDIT: I was in a rush so sorry for my in the grammer in the poll XD
    Last edited by 8ther; 11th July 2012 at 06:14 PM.

  2. #2
    I'm gone.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gone.
    Posts
    1,318
    Blog Entries
    49

    Default Re: POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

    Sinnoh would be cool to visit in the new region in Gen VI. Even just a little bit, like the Sinjoh Ruins, would still be awesome.

  3. #3
    zzz YamiiDenryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    1,816
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

    I kind of doubt it. Unova was confirmed to be further away from the first four regions than they are from each other, and I'd expect the next region to build on whatever Poke-nation Unova belongs to, rather than the first one. It'd be kinda odd for the games to have you visit one of the far-away regions when Unova is significantly closer.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    170

    Default Re: POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

    I'd like to see us be able to go to Sinnoh post-game and then have R/S/E Remakes (if they aren't in Gen V (which I still have hopes for though odds are minimal))

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

    I want whatever new region they make to be based on an unused part of Japan - Touhoku may be off limits because of the earthquakes, but we still have Chugoku, northern Chubu, the rest of Shikoku, and even Okinawa, as possible bases for new areas. Any one of these would be good, although northern Chubu would be the most interesting.

    Unova is rubbish and to me lacks a certain atmosphere that is important for the fundamental character of Pokémon, and to be quite frank the move there was to me one of the most disappointing things about Generation V. I would be overjoyed if the struck it, and everything related to it, from the canon of the franchise, but that obviously won't happen.

    In light of all this, of course, it would be practical, and in fact very refreshing, that a new game set in an as-yet-unseen Japan-based region would provide the opportunity to revisit one (or some, or all) of the existing regions from Generations I-IV. Indeed, the ability to see it all in one game has been a persistent fantasy ever since the Generation II games. I'm willing to admit that the key-word there is "fantasy".

  6. #6
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

    Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli+ View Post
    Touhoku may be off limits because of the earthquakes,
    Why would it be "off limits"? As long as the story doesn't revolve around an earthquake, I fail to see the problem. Tohoku is not the black sheep of Japanese regions just because of a natural disaster that could have happened anywhere; there is no controversy here. If the Pokémon Company can open a real-life Pokémon Center in Tohoku a few months after what happened, there is no reason why Game Freak can't model a fictional region after Tohoku.

    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu
    and I'd expect the next region to build on whatever Poke-nation Unova belongs to, rather than the first one.
    Game Freak would only stick to to Unova's nation if they wanted to revisit Unova itself (highly doubtful so soon after the sequels) or if a particular area in the United States appealed to them. I don't see how a return to Japan is less likely than that.
    Last edited by Silktree; 12th July 2012 at 04:55 AM.

  7. #7
    Allons-y! PKMN Trainer Faye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

    We need to see Hoenn again before even thinking about returning to Shinnoh. D8 Seriously, Platinum is still the best Pokemon game out there. Go play that if one wants to return to Shinnoh. RSEmakes and/or a new game in Hoenn is what is needed the most right now.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli+ View Post
    Touhoku may be off limits because of the earthquakes,
    Why would it be "off limits"? As long as the story doesn't revolve around an earthquake, I fail to see the problem. Tohoku is not the black sheep of Japanese regions just because of a natural disaster that could have happened anywhere; there is no controversy here. If the Pokémon Company can open a real-life Pokémon Center in Tohoku a few months after what happened, there is no reason why Game Freak can't model a fictional region after Tohoku.
    Your tone seems a bit condescending. I feel as though you may have misunderstood.

    It may be off limits not because of any "controversy", but because of the material effects of last March's happenings on an important part of the area. Certainly, it is conceivable that such a state of affairs could present difficulties in the context of using the area as the foundation of a fictional counterpart. One concern would be the fact that permanent redevelopment is, at this moment, largely unpredictable - so, when relevant, do they base areas on the lost past, the temporary present, or the unknown future?

    This is, after all, just a suggestion - I cannot know what developers will or will not do. Indeed, the very idea itself was my idle speculation. Even supposing that my guess as to why Touhoku would not be a prime candidate at the moment was shown to be a completely null point, it still seems, on the surface of things, not particularly likely to be the inspiration for any new area. That's not to say, either, that I would be anything short of overjoyed if they did decide to go that route.
    Last edited by Machiavelli+; 12th July 2012 at 06:06 AM.

  9. #9
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

    Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli+ View Post
    One concern would be the fact that permanent redevelopment is, at this moment, largely unpredictable - so, when relevant, do they base areas on the lost past, the temporary present, or the unknown future?
    I think you're overestimating just how faithfully Game Freak adapt real-life locations into their games. Aside from the geography of the map, the similarities are fairly loose (especially in Unova's case). They don't need to consider Tohoku's past, present or future when all that matters is the core geography, which hasn't changed.

    The Sinjoh Ruins are an indication that Game Freak have already envisioned Tohoku as part of the Pokémon world, at least to some extent. I don't think that a real-life event should have bearing on whether or not they'll finish what they started.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nacrene City
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

    I would LOVE a return to Hoenn rather than Sinnoh. We have DS games for Sinnoh which are still great to play, but we haven't seen Hoenn since the GBA. I reckon we are due a visit, if not in the post-game of a new game, then in a new game set primarily in Hoenn (but with a new story). I just really think we need Hoenn back
    Dread Advocate likes this.

  11. #11
    Steel Pokémon Master Bulletproof Scales's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    463
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

    I'd prefer Shikoko or Chugoku with Kyushu attached to it to give us access to the region, it could be made as a sequel to it's story, if feasible. They really don't "have to make up" for not putting out remakes of R/S this generation, neither should we presume sequels to become a pattern. Lati@s/weathertrio/golems are readily available in the most recent releases, and so are its gym leaders.
    Advocating Sinnoh's return this early is almost a crime.
    Last edited by Bulletproof Scales; 12th July 2012 at 07:33 AM.
    Det ligger tomhylsor i parken
    Våra fötter är en meter över marken

  12. #12
    XXXXXXXXXX Dragon Char's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Tower of Mastery
    Posts
    4,815
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

    I think people proceed through false assumption that having a second region is the only way to extend the game enough to keep people interested. It's not, but it's the most effective thing we've seen so far. Also, I think people are way too obsessed with getting their favorite remake. I will not deny that the other gens should have their turn, but it'll be done when it's done. There is no guarantee of when exactly it will be done, but I do feel they have no choice but to do it eventually. Besides, I don't think merely seeing a new incarnation of an old region would be enough to most people. They want their old games. Personally, I think they should find another way to extend gameplay, beyond battle facilities and random tying up loose ends.
    Step into the Fairy circle

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    I think you're overestimating just how faithfully Game Freak adapt real-life locations into their games. Aside from the geography of the map, the similarities are fairly loose (especially in Unova's case). They don't need to consider Tohoku's past, present or future when all that matters is the core geography, which hasn't changed.
    I see your point. I still think that my considerations have some relevance when it comes to landmarks and the like (although admittedly this has been less of a factor more recently). Can't really comment on Unova because I haven't visited New York. I guess it really depends on what they'll go for if they ever do decide to create such a region.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    The Sinjoh Ruins are an indication that Game Freak have already envisioned Tohoku as part of the Pokémon world, at least to some extent. I don't think that a real-life event should have bearing on whether or not they'll finish what they started.
    Yeah, it makes sense. For me this is more a matter of "when" rather than "if" - if they're going to do it at all, that is a reason to do it later rather than sooner. Again, though, it was really just idle speculation. In a perfect world we'd have a completely traversable "Poké-Japan" by now.

  14. #14
    Kalos Champion The Froakster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    589
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

    Sinnoh is out of the picture because the current console has DPP, but Hoenn would be cool. It also needs DS style music to blend into the other regions.
    Shiny Sninx Breeding!
    Hatch Count: 67
    Trying to obtain a Shiny Shinx!

  15. #15
    Registered User ZMT123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Milky Way Galaxy
    Posts
    162
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: POLL: Gen VI, Hoenn and Sinnoh

    If RSE remakes are not made in this generation, I would like Hoenn to be a post-game region. If they do make RSE remakes this gen, then Sinnoh would be the logical one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •