Pokemon X & Y: Post game - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Pokemon X & Y: Post game

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon X & Y: Post game

I've always wanted at least a few more intricate side-quest type activities in the pokemon games, and post-game is where they could do it. You know, stuff where you have to talk to a specific npc to unlock a convo with another npc and down the line, and bring this person an item and take that item you get in return to someone for something else, and eventually you end up with something cool, or access to a new place or something? Maybe I'm the only person who likes that stuff, but just a hint something like that would really liven things up, I think. Basically maybe areas you couldn't explore or access during the game could become available after a quest in the post game.
    Eradia likes this.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries

I just want the Battle Frontier back. Pokémon World Tournament was awful, uninteresting (not to mention how that feature hurts the timeline in the franchise), so I didn't like it at all, but I loved the Battle Frontier in both Emerald and Platinum, it was the sole reason that motivated me to train various Pokémon, because I am not really the competitive kind of player. PLEASE, Game Freak, give me the BF back :( White Treehollow and Black Skyscraper were awesome as well, I hope to see something like that again, with a better reward for beating them, if possible, don't really care about some shiny dragons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    I just want the Battle Frontier back. Pokémon World Tournament was awful, uninteresting (not to mention how that feature hurts the timeline in the franchise), so I didn't like it at all, but I loved the Battle Frontier in both Emerald and Platinum, it was the sole reason that motivated me to train various Pokémon, because I am not really the competitive kind of player. PLEASE, Game Freak, give me the BF back :( White Treehollow and Black Skyscraper were awesome as well, I hope to see something like that again, with a better reward for beating them, if possible, don't really care about some shiny dragons.
    I dont see how the PWT hurts the timeline, most Pokemon games occur only months after each other the only exception are GSC and B2W2 and even then the time line isn't be messed with.

Why not have a mix of both BF and PWT?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing Combusken View Post
    Why not have a mix of both BF and PWT?
    A mix? No, please NO. But I wouldn't mind having both in the game, as long as the PWT doesn't hurt the development of the Battle Frontier AND as long as they create new character designs for the old Gym Leaders and other characters and stop ruining nice battle themes with awful techno remixes. I am not going to discuss timeline issues here, because I think the subject doesn't belong in this thread, but if seeing characters of Generation I looking the same after more than five years (in-universe) doesn't hurt the timeline, I don't know what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordicuno View Post
    Mainly because the big bosses (N and Ghetsis) are gone and Team Plasma is over, and you're just basically hunting down the leftovers.
    The postgame has always been like that. Team Rocket, Magma/Aqua, Cipher, Galactic...

HGSS by far had the biggest postgame, being slightly larger than the original GSC. (Weather Trio, Safari Zone, Latios or Latias, Kanto and Hoenn starters)

So awesome that it took us until the Pokemon League event before the final confrontation.
    I totally loved how the BW1 story wasn't about beating the Pokemon League, it was about Team Plasma. That was a seriously unique spin on the traditional formula; the reason you needed to beat Gyms and take on the League wasn't just for its own sake with Team Plasma as a side dish, Team Plasma and N became the reason. Your final boss wasn't some League Champ, it was N and Ghetsis, and with Unova's future at stake.
    Last edited by Stratelier; 22nd May 2013 at 09:03 AM.

Registered User HoppytheCourier's Avatar

The culmination of a Pokemon game should be a battle against the Champion of the Elite Four. I guess that most people just don't want to have that be the finale of their playthrough and most people expect more from their Pokemon games nowadays in terms of post game content. Yet, it seems to me that whatever they get just doesn't meet their expectations. Don't get me wrong, I love the post game content from the majority of the Pokemon games and find them to be entertaining and challenging. For example, going to Kanto and fighting Red in the second generation. Or, searching for the Seven Sages in the fifth generation. My point is that people should understand that the Elite Four is meant to be the ultimate battle for you and your Pokemon. I would hate for the Elite Four to be reduced to a mid-boss gauntlet for the sake of cramming enough post game content into the game to satisfy fans.
    Lacquer Head likes this.

In other words . . . at what point does the "postgame" stop being the post-story and become its own story? And can you still roll credits and declare "The End" at the end of the "main story" knowing that there is so much left to do?

Blog Entries

I really just want enough stuff to do to last me until the next main series game comes out.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoppytheCourier View Post
    The culmination of a Pokemon game should be a battle against the Champion of the Elite Four. I would hate for the Elite Four to be reduced to a mid-boss gauntlet for the sake of cramming enough post game content into the game to satisfy fans.
    I beg to differ. The Elite Four and Champion stopped being surprising or challenging a long time ago, which is something that Game Freak realized as early as Generation II. In Black and White, becoming the Champion wasn't the goal of the story, and many people seemed to appreciate that. Sadly, the story came to a grinding halt when N was defeated right after the Elite Four. The seven sages sidequest just hinted at a continuation, which technically didn't even happen in B2W2 since we never learned anything about N's adventure in the faraway region.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier
    In other words . . . at what point does the "postgame" stop being the post-story and become its own story?
    It's just a fan term. Should the story continuation be substantial enough, it will be a story in its own right even though some people may refer to the standard portion of the game as the main story.

And can you still roll credits and declare "The End" at the end of the "main story" knowing that there is so much left to do?
    The credits can roll more than once. That was the case in the Johto games (with Red) and is still the case in many video games where the story is divided into parts.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Straight up second region. My speculation senses are tingling in that direction, and this time I'm fairly certain unlike B2W2,which in all honestly despite it not happening feels like it was planned at some point. So much in-game dialogue felt weird.But yeah, this time for me at least its happening. Not gonna be sad if it won't, but introducing Unova in the brand new engine would do wonders both in graspung the sense of size. I mean imagine Castelia with proper skyscrapers, or Nimbasa at night, with all the different lightshows on the buildings.
    The reason for this is simple. The
    region is logically going to be across the pond. More importantly, GF is seemingly on a storyfueled power trip, with current info pointing to a lot of in-game world building. Stuff like the flag symbol for the dex, and the gym symbol returning. Adding upon Unova's conventions with a region so close can allow for an in-game explanation of Unova adapting the changes as well. Maybe even Colress and/or N can be the character bridge between the two. Castles being so prominent as a geographocal landwark also allows for extremely easy connections to Plasma to crop up.
    Last edited by Mitzman!; 23rd May 2013 at 10:06 AM.
    Phoenixon likes this.

Blog Entries

I really doubt unova is going to pop up in this particular series. I think the dev team has their hands full just working on this region without adding unova too. Maybe if there is a sequel that could happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Chesman View Post
    Adding upon Unova's conventions with a region so close
    The reset route numbers basically prove that the regions aren't close, to say nothing of real-life geography.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

True but close in the sense that, you know, Pokejapan is still far away fromem both. Resetted routes do complicate things, but with the dex being split three ways and the lack of a habitat list, its not too mch an issue. Not to mention that if Unova native Pokemon do appear in a larger number then others it wouldn't be too dissimilar to HGSS. HI'm not gonna go into the story benefits, cause I'm sure you wouldn't mind some more N. I know I wouldn't.
    Phoenixon likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Chesman View Post
    I'm not gonna go into the story benefits, cause I'm sure you wouldn't mind some more N. I know I wouldn't.
    I would mind too much of it, actually. Confirming Kalos as the region N traveled to would be one thing, but I see no potential in another Plasma-related story. I've made it known that Mr. Fuji is the character I really want to see make a grand return.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Well in that case I dunno what tosay. I haven't been around to know that, so what can I say. But even if you take away plasma, N's travels and Colress' progress in unlocking the true potentials for Pokemon are also enough. True that you don't need a return to Unova for that, but if the changes are enough in more then just the world building that GF seems to be improving on, an old friend to help further changes settle easier might just be what's needed.
    On the subject of Fuji though, I also feel Kanto would also fit this trivial mindset I have, as the changes to that region would be much greater.
    Phoenixon likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast