Pokemon X & Y: Post game
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X & Y: Post game

Is a pretty Sneasel Sneazy Sneasel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Pokemon X & Y: Post game

With X and Y being the start of a new generation of Pokemon odds are that X and Y like RS, DP, and BW1 before it, will lack post game content which is a downer for me, i gotten bored fast with Pearl because there was nothing to do after beating the league, update games like Emerald, Platinum and BW2 fix this with events like the Battle Frontier, Stark Mountain, and the PWT or in the case of remakes a post league trip to another region like Kanto and the Sevii Islands, I'm hoping since the 3DS is more powerful than the DS, Game Freak will be able to cram more content into X and Y.
    Your Name Please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pokemon X & Y: Post game

B/W had the hunt for the Seven Sages as an extra story after the main bulk of it was over, plus the league rematches and exploring Lacunosa, Undella and Black City/White Forest. It's not a lot, but it was there.

I agree on the X/Y sentiment, though. I'm hoping it has a lot of post-story things to do, or at least give me several methods to catch new Pokemon, and train up my existing parties.

Game Freak seem to be breaking the mould with X/Y, so fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Watch out for tha big gun Rocket Raccoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I hope they keep tournaments. The PWT was the best thing about BW 2. They could do Club tournaments like they did in in Best Whishes.
    "Aint no think like me except me!" : Rocket Raccoon
    Qoute from trailer and IMDB

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Versus View Post
    B/W had the hunt for the Seven Sages as an extra story after the main bulk of it was over, plus the league rematches and exploring Lacunosa, Undella and Black City/White Forest. It's not a lot, but it was there.
    This is exactly the sort of minimalistic approach that I'd rather not see again. I want the story to continue after the Elite Four in a substantial way that doesn't feel like an afterthought.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps we could get some extra plot things through DLC (since I've heard speculation that GF's gonna do DLC with X/Y). I wouldn't mind that. :3

Post Thanks / Like

DLC enrages me to no end, but as long as it's free, it might not be so bad...

As for post-Elite 4 story...what else is there? Maybe more legendary pokemon...but ugh. Maybe they'll give us another G/S/C and let us go to Unova or even Hoenn...I doubt it, but would be cool. I'd like at least one super difficult dungeon with a big legend/boss at the end, ala Cerulean Cave and Mt. Silver.
    Happy late Cirno De Mayo everyone! (Just noticed I never made a sig...meh, maybe later)

Post Thanks / Like

Follow Mordicuno on Tumblr

We've always confronted and defeated the villainous team before battling the champion/final boss.
    It would be great if the chase for the bad guys continues on after championing the Pokémon League.
    How's that for a post-game?

(Yeah, I know you still have to look for the other sages of Team Plasma in the post-game in B/W, but that just wasn't enough.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mordicuno View Post
    We've always confronted and defeated the villainous team before battling the champion/final boss.
    It would be great if the chase for the bad guys continues on after championing the Pokémon League.
    How's that for a post-game?

(Yeah, I know you still have to look for the other sages of Team Plasma in the post-game in B/W, but that just wasn't enough.)
    They also had something like that in Platinum with Stark Mountain. I agree, it would be fun to do a little more with the villains after the Champion Battle.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't hold my breath. Then again, Bw2's post game ended up being a lot of fun. And with Pokemon truly going next gen this time, maybe just maybe we'll see a change in the post game.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

Post Thanks / Like

Going to Hoenn would be a nice post-game, but the this "next gen game" would just be a rehash of gold/silver/crystal in the aspect of it's story. "Oh, beat the johto gyms. Let's go beat all the gyms and the Elite 4 of another region, and then make their champion cry because we destroyed him."
    HOT SKITTY ON WAILORD ACTION!

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like

I really hope that they have some good post-game content. B2/W2 had a lot to do after the storyline with the PWT, covering the rest of Unova that you didn't go through during the storyline and Black Tower/White Treehallow. I would love it if they kept something like Black Tower/White Treehallow for X/Y, if only because that made the process of getting my team to level one hundred so much faster and it was a good challenge too. I like the idea of continuing the chase on the evil team after the storyline too. It would definitely need to be more than looking for the Seven Sages since that felt rather lackluster. Maybe something along the lines of exploring an island or two like with Stark Mountain in Platinum, but it lasts a bit longer in X/Y.

I really hope that they don't leave the post-storyline content barren like they tend to do with most of the first games of a new generation, or at the very least, not nearly as barren as it was in B/W. As much as I enjoyed the storyline and characters from the game, putting so little in the post-storyline felt so disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

BW1's postgame was "minimalistic"? I actually quite enjoyed being able to explore Eastern Unova. True, the only story-related events were the hunt for the Seven Sages and rematching the Elite Four, but what we had, I liked it.

Post Thanks / Like

You know, the people who say BW1 had a "minimalistic" post game (at least compared to other pokemon games) are totally wrong. Look as RS: They had the battle tower, Rayquaza, Briney's Ship, and Latios/Latias. Anything else? Not really that I remember. So just a couple legendaries and a ship + battle tower. In RB there was just Mewtwo and completing the pokedex. My point: The ONLY starting pair Pokemon games with a bigger post game than BW1 are GS. Was BW's post game huge? No, but it beat most other starting pair games in the series. But yes, I would love for XY to have a decent post-game.

Post Thanks / Like

Follow Mordicuno on Tumblr

My point explained:
    The search for the sages was good, they tried hard to make good post-game (non-battle facility) activities, but I think that wasn't enough if I want a longer post-game.
    Mainly because the big bosses (N and Ghetsis) are gone and Team Plasma is over, and you're just basically hunting down the leftovers.

What I want to happen is to have a villainous team so powerful that they're still at large (together with their badass bosses) after defeating the League.
    But yeah, so far, the whole Team Plasma thing is still awesome though. So awesome that it took us until the Pokemon League event before the final confrontation.

bullet in my lung Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My wish list:

*The return of the PWT, the Battle Frontier, or a combination of both.

*Pull a Diamond and Pearl. DP were literally only missing the past starters, Legendaries, and the Tangela and Tropius lines. Everything else could be caught in-game. Between the PokeRadar, post-game areas, and inserting GBA cartridges into the DS, there was a huge variety in both the number of Pokemon you could capture and the ways you could encounter them. It made for a wholly lengthy and enjoyable post-game, in trying to catch them all, and it's way more enjoyable than tirelessly transferring 500+ species to fill up the Dex.

*Significant amount of post-game areas to explore. Black and White were a step in the right direction, but I wouldn't mind exploring a chain of islands or something completely off the coast of Kalos. Maybe some post-game Gyms or something of that nature, but throw in some story elements too. Eastern Unova was interesting, but the lack of direction or story made it a little boring and short-lived. And once you finished exploring it, it was just kind of "done." It was nice but ultimately unsatisfying.

*This doesn't completely fall under post-game only stuff, but we definitely need Secret Bases, be it through the Underground, overworld, or some new way. None of this Dream World crap. Let me build my own base, personalize it to my liking, and link up with other friends to battle them after finding their own bases. I even miss digging up fossils and just messing around in the Underground. They really need to bring this back in some form in X and Y.

On BW's post-game: it didn't compare with Diamond and Pearl's. In terms of story and post-game only areas, yes, BW had more. But DP introduced, on top of everything else, online play. That had a tremendous impact on the longevity of the game, being able to battle and trade wirelessly across the world for the first time. And you still had the Underground, PokeRadar, Battle Zone, Contests, Pal Park, Battle Tower (which wasn't nearly as stale as it is now), and a slew of new Legendaries and Pokemon to catch. Not to mention the Sinnoh quest itself was longer, more challenging, and there was much more to explore (in terms of routes, cities and landmarks). While BW obviously have online play, and in an expanded state, for returning players it isn't the new innovative and exciting feature it was back then. Naturally we'll taking advantage of these features less as time goes on.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast