Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle?? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    You could be right, however it's only just been released in North America and I'm not sure many places in Europe have had it long, and having a limited edition Pokemon 3DS being released and then another limited edition Pokemon 3DS being released that is bundled with Pokemon X and Y around 6 months after may make a person or two slightly annoyed. Although the ones that have the Pikachu 3DS don't necessarily need the bundled 3DS unless it is something they really wanted and is willing to spend money on another 3DS.

Australia hasn't received the limited edition Pikachu 3DS yet (typical), so I am hoping Australia may get lucky and have the Pikachu 3DS released and bundled with Pokemon X and Y.
    Still though, we're talking about a franchise that releases two games with minimal differences between them, and a lot of people (like me) buy both of them. Assassin's Creed can't even get away with the spin-offs without being called a ripoff, even though it is a new story and some new mechanics.
    That's true, although 3DS' are a lot more expensive than their games. If I bought the limited edition Pikachu 3DS, it would take one hell of a limited edition to convince me to get another limited edition 3DS. Since I only need a maximum of two handheld consoles for Pokemon trading, I will only need my first 3DS and only one other, so I wouldn't purchase a third 3DS. A new limited edition 3DS bundled with the games may still sell really well though, particularly in places that won't receive the Pikachu 3DS. Still, putting the last paragraph of my last post that i edited in, I do not think they will have another limited edition 3DS.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's true, although 3DS' are a lot more expensive than their games. If I bought the limited edition Pikachu 3DS, it would take one hell of a limited edition to convince me to get another limited edition 3DS. Since I only need a maximum of two handheld consoles for Pokemon trading, I will only need my first 3DS and only one other, so I wouldn't purchase a third 3DS. A new limited edition 3DS bundled with the games may still sell really well though, particularly in places that won't receive the Pikachu 3DS. Still, putting the last paragraph of my last post that i edited in, I do not think they will have another limited edition 3DS.
    The Pikachu 3DS XL didn't have any games to promote it, and a Pikachu version of the Gameboy Advance SP was made, and about 6 months later, a Rayquaza version was released. It's not going to be a limiting factor at all, as even the Nintendo DS Lite saw a Pikachu version. He's the mascot of Pokémon, but not of X&Y.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    The Pikachu 3DS XL didn't have any games to promote it, and a Pikachu version of the Gameboy Advance SP was made, and about 6 months later, a Rayquaza version was released. It's not going to be a limiting factor at all, as even the Nintendo DS Lite saw a Pikachu version. He's the mascot of Pokémon, but not of X&Y.
    Then I guess another limited edition 3DS may be seen by the world. All we can do is wait and see what happens. I would have went with the Pikachu 3DS if it was released here and it looked a little better. It could be a lot worse, but I'm not particularly fond of how Pikachu's design ended up looking on the 3DS.

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Then I guess another limited edition 3DS may be seen by the world. All we can do is wait and see what happens. I would have went with the Pikachu 3DS if it was released here and it looked a little better. It could be a lot worse, but I'm not particularly fond of how Pikachu's design ended up looking on the 3DS.
    That Pikachu looks atrocious; it's one of the reasons why I desperately hope for a Xerneas version.

Blog Entries

I would love to purchase a limited edition Pikachu 3DS if they made a better looking one. Still, if they ended up bundling that Pikachu with the games here in Australia, I'd consider purchasing it.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I think it would be nice to see one. A nice Xerneas/Yveltal one with X/Y included would sell alot, it would be great for Nintendo and the 3DS sales. Id consider picking up another system for something like that.

YES!!! I'd love that. As long as it's available on release day at Walmart. :D

I have a 3DS already... but I wouldn't mind getting a shiny new one without the wear and tear and also the manufacturing issue with release 3DS's (the screen scratch thing).

I think it would sell great, and maybe at about $180 - $200?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    I can see them bundling a pre-installed copy of X with a blue 3DS XL and a pre-installed copy of Y with a red 3DS XL.
    Hmmm :( I don't like the idea of XY being pre-installed on the system. I'd much rather have a physical game cartridge. If the bundles only do pre-installed on the system, then I won't be getting the bundle for that reason alone.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I could definitely see them releasing a limited edition 3DS in a bundle pack with an X or Y game included. It would be a great way of selling both the games and more 3DS systems, especially when many people weren't interested in getting a 3DS until new main series Pokemon games came out. I already have a 3DS, so I might not get a bundle pack, especially when it might be too expensive to get the two games and a 3DS even if two of them are sold together, but it would be tempting, especially when I'll eventually need another 3DS system in order to trade Pokemon with myself.

They've done it every gen so far so why not? Personally I'm still holding out hope a 3ds lite will be released between now and release. Second thumb sick, better resolution display, and battery, yes please

Blog Entries

I'm glad a lot of you think it is a good idea. Considering all the bundles they have been having with 3DS games lately, I say it is pretty likely we will receive a bundle with the games, whether they are bundled with a limited edition 3DS or standard colour 3DS'. Unfortunately, I do think they will be bundled with pre-installed games rather than with hard copy games, as that is what Nintendo has gotten into the habit of doing. I definitely prefer the hard copy games.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I need to get a second 3DS by the times these games come out, and'll probably be getting an XL. If there was a bundle with an XL that wasn't plastered in pokemon shit I'd consider getting it. Preinstall would be a deal breaker though, which is probably what would be the case. Physical copies would be worth whatever the extra cost would be of not doing the bundle.

Blog Entries

? What does pre installed have as downsides ? Or good points for that mater.
    Gone

Blog Entries

Some of the advantages of pre-installed games are that they are highly convenient to those who are not close enough to shopping centres to go down when they like and buy them. It is useful for those people who are unable to go down to a store and purchase a hard copy. Also, and this is less of a good point than the first, but still technically an advantage, it is useful for people who are just too lazy to go to the store and purchase it.

Another advantage, however small it may be, is that having a pre-installed copy doesn't take much space in your room to keep. I know that doesn't seem like much, but purchasing many games may start to take up space, where as pre-installed games take up none.

The main advantage would be for those who are inaccessible to get to the store and purchase it though. Pre-installed games do have some advantages, however, I prefer purchasing the hard copies too.

The disadvantages of pre-installed copies is mainly the amount of space the games are likely to take up on your 3DS. You'd run out of memory on your SD card a lot quicker I would imagine, than purchasing hard copy games. That's really the only disadvantage I can think of at this moment.

Blog Entries
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

The disadvantages of pre-installed copies is mainly the amount of space the games are likely to take up on your 3DS. You'd run out of memory on your SD card a lot quicker I would imagine, than purchasing hard copy games. That's really the only disadvantage I can think of at this moment.
    Well, that (not that it's much of a disadvantage as you can in practice have a maximum of a 32GB SDHC card; however, there are people who say that you can have a bigger card if you format it a certain way... I just so happen to have a 64GB SDXC card and have been meaning to test this... so I'll report back on that later). And it isn't really "as portable." You're kinda confined to one system that way. I'm sure there's a way to easily migrate save data from one 3DS to another, but that generally poses the problem of: A) it simply moves the data, it doesn't copy it or B) it does copy and then you have two separate save files which can get messy. Not to mention it poses the problem of being able to copy the game endlessly to an SD card and just sending it to people. At least, these are the problems from my understanding of how it operates, at least.
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AiedailEclipsed View Post
    Well, that (not that it's much of a disadvantage as you can in practice have a maximum of a 32GB SDHC card; however, there are people who say that you can have a bigger card if you format it a certain way... I just so happen to have a 64GB SDXC card and have been meaning to test this... so I'll report back on that later). And it isn't really "as portable." You're kinda confined to one system that way. I'm sure there's a way to easily migrate save data from one 3DS to another, but that generally poses the problem of: A) it simply moves the data, it doesn't copy it or B) it does copy and then you have two separate save files which can get messy. Not to mention it poses the problem of being able to copy the game endlessly to an SD card and just sending it to people. At least, these are the problems from my understanding of how it operates, at least.
    Don't forget the possibilty of the system being lost, heavily damaged, or stolen. Downloaded games would be gone with the 3DS, but physical copies that were kept apart from the system are okay. (The only way downloads could stay was if you were lucky that the SD card survived damage.)
    Last edited by UnovaCastaway; 27th March 2013 at 11:33 PM.
    The_Doctor likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast