Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 44
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

  1. #1
    Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

    Lightbulb Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

    As I'm well aware, North America and Europe are receiving, if not already received, a limited edition Pikachu 3DS XL.

    This makes me wonder how great it would be if Pokemon X and Y were bundled with a Limited Edition 3DS with the games. They could have two different limited edition 3DS', one bundled with Pokemon X and the other with Pokemon Y, although I'd imagine Nintendo would only want to create just one limited edition 3DS, and not go through the trouble of creating two different ones simultaneously.

    What do you all think of a limited edition 3DS bundle with the games?? Is it a good idea or not??
    The_Doctor likes this.

  2. #2
    Poet Laureate AiedailEclipsed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In my own realm...
    Posts
    4,727
    Blog Entries
    23
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

    Default Re: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

    Something tells me there'll be one.

    Really though. Nintendo has a pretty good track record of releasing a system that has some sort of customization based on whatever game is out/coming out. The only two they didn't do this with recently was HGSS and BW2 (according the Bulbapedia, anyway). Either way, I think its pretty safe to say that we'll get some kind of 3DSXL bundle with XY customizations and a copy of the games.
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

  3. #3
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,991
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

    Nintendo are loving console bundles at the moment. In Europe alone, we've had 3DS XL bundles with Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and are getting one for Fire Emblem Awakening next month. Aside from Fire Emblem though, they've all been standard XL colours (Fire Emblem's being an apology for the two month delay between America and Europe).

    Personally, I will be miffed off if they do release limited edition Pokémon 3DS XLs with the game, as I asked for the Pikachu XL for my birthday purely for XY. As we already have a red XL and a blue XY, I can see them bundling a pre-installed copy of X with a blue 3DS XL and a pre-installed copy of Y with a red 3DS XL.

  4. #4
    Poet Laureate AiedailEclipsed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In my own realm...
    Posts
    4,727
    Blog Entries
    23
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

    Default Re: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Nintendo are loving console bundles at the moment. In Europe alone, we've had 3DS XL bundles with Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and are getting one for Fire Emblem Awakening next month. Aside from Fire Emblem though, they've all been standard XL colours (Fire Emblem's being an apology for the two month delay between America and Europe).

    Personally, I will be miffed off if they do release limited edition Pokémon 3DS XLs with the game, as I asked for the Pikachu XL for my birthday purely for XY. As we already have a red XL and a blue XY, I can see them bundling a pre-installed copy of X with a blue 3DS XL and a pre-installed copy of Y with a red 3DS XL.
    Huh. That'd be interesting. Is that how they do 3DS bundles? Preinstall the game? No cartridge or box? :c That's a little depressing. I'd probably buy the bundle for the system and go by the actual game.
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

  5. #5
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,991
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

    Quote Originally Posted by AiedailEclipsed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Nintendo are loving console bundles at the moment. In Europe alone, we've had 3DS XL bundles with Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and are getting one for Fire Emblem Awakening next month. Aside from Fire Emblem though, they've all been standard XL colours (Fire Emblem's being an apology for the two month delay between America and Europe).

    Personally, I will be miffed off if they do release limited edition Pokémon 3DS XLs with the game, as I asked for the Pikachu XL for my birthday purely for XY. As we already have a red XL and a blue XY, I can see them bundling a pre-installed copy of X with a blue 3DS XL and a pre-installed copy of Y with a red 3DS XL.
    Huh. That'd be interesting. Is that how they do 3DS bundles? Preinstall the game? No cartridge or box? :c That's a little depressing. I'd probably buy the bundle for the system and go by the actual game.
    That is how they're doing bundles these days. The Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii U bundle comes with the game in a box due to the limited storage capacity on the Wii U, but the Monster Hunter 1 has the actual game pre-installed.

  6. #6
    Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

    My original thoughts were that Europe and North America may get slightly annoyed with a Pokemon X and Y bundle after already getting the Pikachu 3DS, although I do not think it will be too much of a problem, as anyone who bought the Pikachu 3DS would not need the bundle 3DS, unless they were really liked it and were willing to spend the money.

    Lately, they have been releasing bundles with the games pre installed on the 3DS, I believe they did that with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I personally hope they will have a hard copy with the bundle though. I prefer the hard copies, although they both have their advantages.

    If they do have a bundle with a pre-installed game, I'd need to enjoy the aesthetics of the limited edition Bundle quite a lot in order to consider getting one. I'd be more willing to get the bundle with a hard copy.
    AiedailEclipsed likes this.

  7. #7
    ◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Old World.
    Posts
    2,231
    Blog Entries
    329

    Default Re: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

    That's why I'm holding off buying a 3DS XL. I have a DS Lite with Dialga and Palkia, and it's the most wonderful thing ever. It makes the Pikachu 3DS XL look like something a spasming child drew. I fully plan on spending all the money I have saved for a 3DS XL with Xerneas on it, and if Yveltal is there, then he's just a bonus. I already have a 3DS, but I want to trade with myself...

  8. #8
    Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

    If the bundle comes only with the standard colours and is bundled with a pre-installed game, then I'll probably buy a new 3DS and the game separately, unless the bundle is a lot cheaper than buying the two alone.

    I'm hoping they will go the extra mile and create a new limited edition 3DS with the bundle, or hold off releasing the Pikachu 3DS here in Australia until the games are released, and bundle it with the Pikachu 3DS.

  9. #9
    Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    10,991
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    My original thoughts were that Europe and North America may get slightly annoyed with a Pokemon X and Y bundle after already getting the Pikachu 3DS, although I do not think it will be too much of a problem, as anyone who bought the Pikachu 3DS would not need the bundle 3DS, unless they were really liked it and were willing to spend the money.

    Lately, they have been releasing bundles with the games pre installed on the 3DS, I believe they did that with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. I personally hope they will have a hard copy with the bundle though. I prefer the hard copies, although they both have their advantages.

    If they do have a bundle with a pre-installed game, I'd need to enjoy the aesthetics of the limited edition Bundle quite a lot in order to consider getting one. I'd be more willing to get the bundle with a hard copy.
    It's more to the point that people would have purchased the XLs as Pokémon fans, then another set comes out that they might like more, but they'd feel like they were suckered in by the Pikachu XL being limited edition. Maybe they could just rerelease the Pikachu XLs with pre-installed copies of XY.

    Every 3DS XL bundle has had the games as pre-installed as opposed to a physical copy, so if there are bundles, they will most likely be pre-installed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    If the bundle comes only with the standard colours and is bundled with a pre-installed game, then I'll probably buy a new 3DS and the game seperately, unless the bundle is a lot cheaper than buying the two alone.
    That's generally the point with bundles. For comparison, on GAME's website you can buy a Nintendo 3DS XL for £174.99 as well as Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for £39.99. Or, you can buy the 3DS XL bundle for £189.99, which is a total saving of £24.99.

  10. #10
    Poet Laureate AiedailEclipsed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    In my own realm...
    Posts
    4,727
    Blog Entries
    23
    Follow AiedailEclipsed On Twitter Add AiedailEclipsed on Facebook

    Default Re: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

    Well then. I'll be getting the bundle if it comes (because generally the special editions look fucking awesome) and the physical game. I have my Zelda 3DS and I want to be able to play it there too ; - ; *is a special edition 3DS whore*
    "Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

  11. #11
    Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

    I doubt they will re-release the Pikachu 3DS once it is over. Nintendo doesn't get in the habit of releasing the same limited edition console twice. You may be right in that they'll bundle it with the standard colours, although I'm still hoping they will have a limited edition 3DS bundled with the games.

    I agree with you that the games will most likely be pre-installed in a bundle rather than have a hard copy. Although there may be a very slight chance (VERY SLIGHT) that they actually do two kinds of bundles, one with a hard copy of the game, and the other with the game pre-installed. I do not have my hopes up on that though.

    That special limited edition 25th anniversary Legend of Zelda 3DS was beautiful. I never ended up getting it though because I hadn't need a second 3DS yet, but it was such a simple, yet gorgeous 3DS.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 25th March 2013 at 11:23 AM.

  12. #12
    ◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Old World.
    Posts
    2,231
    Blog Entries
    329

    Default Re: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

    I don't see why the Pikachu 3DS XL's existence nullifies the X&Y potential bundles. Already, they are highly anticipated games of a franchise that causes people to speculate about the next generation immediately after a couple of new games are released. Besides, the Pikachu 3DS XL was released in Japan in 2012, and more than a year will have passed it by when X&Y come out. And the bundle was released in the UK very late into 2012; there is nothing that holds back any X&Y bundles.

  13. #13
    Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

    You could be right, however it's only just been released in North America and I'm not sure many places in Europe have had it long, and having a limited edition Pokemon 3DS being released and then another limited edition Pokemon 3DS being released that is bundled with Pokemon X and Y around 6 months after may make a person or two slightly annoyed. Although the ones that have the Pikachu 3DS don't necessarily need the bundled 3DS unless it is something they really wanted and is willing to spend money on another 3DS.

    Australia hasn't received the limited edition Pikachu 3DS yet (typical), so I am hoping Australia may get lucky and have the Pikachu 3DS released and bundled with Pokemon X and Y.

    Although, now that I think about it, the fact that they are releasing a limited edition Pokemon 3DS in some parts of the world now may suggest that there are no plans for Nintendo to create a limited edition 3DS to bundle with the games when they're released. I'd say, if they were planning to have a limited edition with the games, they wouldn't release one now. This may suggest that if they do end up bundling the games with a 3DS, they will be standard colour 3DS, opposed to a limited edition 3DS.
    Last edited by Akira Bond; 25th March 2013 at 10:33 AM.

  14. #14
    ◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    The Old World.
    Posts
    2,231
    Blog Entries
    329

    Default Re: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    You could be right, however it's only just been released in North America and I'm not sure many places in Europe have had it long, and having a limited edition Pokemon 3DS being released and then another limited edition Pokemon 3DS being released that is bundled with Pokemon X and Y around 6 months after may make a person or two slightly annoyed. Although the ones that have the Pikachu 3DS don't necessarily need the bundled 3DS unless it is something they really wanted and is willing to spend money on another 3DS.

    Australia hasn't received the limited edition Pikachu 3DS yet (typical), so I am hoping Australia may get lucky and have the Pikachu 3DS released and bundled with Pokemon X and Y.
    Still though, we're talking about a franchise that releases two games with minimal differences between them, and a lot of people (like me) buy both of them. Assassin's Creed can't even get away with the spin-offs without being called a ripoff, even though it is a new story and some new mechanics.

  15. #15
    Cosmic Sky Demon Dragonfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Skies of Kalos
    Posts
    1,083
    Blog Entries
    126

    Default Re: Pokemon X and Y with a limited edition 3DS bundle??

    Well, I'm hoping for one. Actually, this is why I haven't gotten myself a 3DS yet. Mainly, I'm holding out for a limited ed 3DS, with Xerneas and/or Yveltal on it, but even if that's not the case and they only bundle it with an existing color, I'd buy the bundle for the savings.

    I don't see why I can't wait. There isn't a 3DS game I really want to play that gets released before XY.

    [sources: sig gif|avatar]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •