Pokemon X and Y; Digital Copies only? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Pokemon X and Y; Digital Copies only?

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon X and Y; Digital Copies only?

Quote Originally Posted by llama555 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    They'll never go 100% digital. At least for a long while. It'll be at least a decade or two before they do something like that. I, and thousands of others, far prefer physical games, and they would probably lose a good deal of their market if they completely transitioned.
    I don't think you are right. I think its sooner than you think. PC gaming is mostly digital and those games are actually cheaper than console games. PC is ahead of consoles in regards to gaming tho. Idk about you but I love buying steam games. So quick and easy. Same with all apps on ur phones or tablets. That's 100% digital

You mean PC and mobile phone games. This is a 3DS-only game. I don't expect the Pokémon X and Y will be digital only. The 3DS card retail version might be available. In addition, we are not talking about emulators. Sorry for that.

Blog Entries

The employee should probably think about what they say. You wouldn't scare your customers into thinking they won't come to your store to buy games anymore.

As for my opinion, I'll just preorder and have it delivered to my door. Get it instantly, no hassle, no going to the store, etc. Simple, uncomplicated and sometimes gets here a day before the release date.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I think that it's best that X/Y were physical game cards, especially since there are people who live in areas where internet and Wi-Fi is either slow or not available, and that would cause Nintendo to lose a lot of sales. This is the same kind of controversy as the rumors of the PS4 and Xbox 720 being "always online", because both involve heavy use of internet and Wi-Fi connection, and less than 40% of people in the US have no internet connection. Either way, it's unlikely to happen any time soon.
    The_Doctor likes this.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Or, as my case happens, I do have wireless broadband but for some reason it doesn't work the same on all devices. E.g. I can access online easily enough using my PC, Wii, PS3, 3DS . . . but the Wii U can't maintain a connection. I get one error message or another like 80% of the time. Now it could just be simple interference, but then why are my other consoles (which are set up right next to it) not affected too?

Makes me glad the Wii U doesn't absolutely require a live Internet connection to run.

They'll never go 100% digital. At least for a long while. It'll be at least a decade or two before they do something like that. I, and thousands of others, far prefer physical games, and they would probably lose a good deal of their market if they completely transitioned.
    I don't think you are right. I think its sooner than you think. PC gaming is mostly digital and those games are actually cheaper than console games. PC is ahead of consoles in regards to gaming tho. Idk about you but I love buying steam games. So quick and easy. Same with all apps on ur phones or tablets. That's 100% digital
    I was talking about NINTENDO, not everyone else. Nintendo does not use PCs and phones/tablets as platforms. Everybody knows that most things are digital these days. But Nintendo is not and they will probably be the last to go.

EDIT: In addition, while we all knew it wouldn't be any different, XY will be available physically. CoroCoro revealed their boxart, which looks fantastic to me :)

Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post

You mean PC and mobile phone games. This is a 3DS-only game. I don't expect the Pokémon X and Y will be digital only. The 3DS card retail version might be available. In addition, we are not talking about emulators. Sorry for that.
    I never mentioned emulators? I'm talking about most games on the PC. Most games are sold thru steam in digital copies instead of physical copies. I understand the Pokémon games will have physical games but I can see in 10 years them not. If microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo all do it then its inevitable and no one can stop them.

Ok im all for digital games. just geting that out of the way

however i colect the box (i have every main series game boxes) so if they get rid of hard copies i will be depressed.

now im sure at least in america that if your not in a rural area your pretty much covered by stores to name a few walmart, kmart, target, toysrus, game stop, best buy, eb games, ext. plus not to mention you can pre order them.

Ever since I downloaded Fire Emblem Awakening, I find that I prefer digital games. 8U; I'm terribly disorganized, and when I switch games I tend to lose cartridges. They make them so small, so it's easy for me to lose them for good. You can't leave digital copies on the table or on your radio or something. Plus I live one 2-hour bus trip away from the mall, so it's no hardship for me to go once a week to check new games to possibly buy via digital download.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

I'm against all digital only - if it was released that way,
    I love displaying the boxes of the games next to my Pokemon collection, just to say "I own the game"

I don't have WiFi, so I couldn't not buy the game. If I buy digital and something happens to my 3DS (lost, stolen, or damaged) I would loose all data, especially if I bought the 2 games, or more copies later.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    - 4871-3995-3493
    Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    I have many teams in Kalos - my original team will always be:
    Original Y Team - IGN Maria: Delphox - Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

Blog Entries
    Follow MegaCharr On Twitter
    Visit MegaCharr's Youtube Channel

Bad Idea:

30% of America doesn't have Internet,
    Most 1-2GB downloads for your average 50MBs speed is 2 hours.
    Digital copys of the game cost more then the hard copy(No joke)...I pay usually around $37 with tax included for hardcopy,digital download would cost around $44 with tax included...

Anyways,Nintendo is not a computer company,they are a video game company...They make games,not computers.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I wouldn't really be into this idea. I like getting physical copies of the games and while their are advantages to downloading a game, it wouldn't be the best move to go completely digital, at least at this point. I'll just pre-order the games and pick them up the day they're released. There are like four Gamestops in my local area within easy driving distance, so it wouldn't be too difficult in getting the physical copies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123