Pokemon X and Pokemon Y: Early List Release? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y: Early List Release?

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y: Early List Release?

I am going to read info regarding Pokemon X and Y throughout the year, regardless. I've done such things in the past, so this will be no exception. However, because the games will come worldwide in the same month, I may have to discover things for myself, as I probably know everything about the games by the time I actually start playing either game. It may even be the first Pokemon game I have played in a long time where I don't know every new Pokemon as of my first playthrough.

I want to know about every single pokemon before I buy the game. That way I can decide which pokemon I want to use in battle. But I really need to know about the version exclusive pokemon. They're probably going to be the main reason I buy either X or Y over the other (the other thing being if there are exclusive locations).

I won't look up anything that I consider to be spoilers (mainly plot and that's about it). I just need to know little things like Pokemon and their types.
    An IceFox who prefers fire types? That's... interesting.
    I'm more partial to blues and greens as well~

The 'unShiny' Umbreon! unShinyUmbreon's Avatar

Version exclusivesc can get the best of me. I mean, even though I am going to refrain from spoiling, I'd still like to know what Pokemon that are in my game. Although, when I first played Pearl, all of it was completely new to me. I loved the feeling of suprise in that game. So I'm going to let this game remain a suprise as well. Now with that said, I probably will not have to worry about version exclusives this time. The last time I only bought one of the two was with Sinnoh. Now, I buy both games! However, I am going to buy X version first.

BUT-- I may spoil the Fennekin evolutionary line (that is if it comes out before the game) for myself, since I am planning to get Fennekin.
    At the same time I wanted Chespin. But I feel like Chespin will be too much of a suprise...If you know what I mean...Lol.
    Team Sylveon! Team Fairy!

Loving all things Eevee Eeveeanne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always try to gather as much info about a game as I can. Nothing irritates me more than to play through a game and think to myself, "that was short but fun" then look at all the stuff I missed and go, "O_O >_< UUUUUGH!" I actually have more fun being prepared for a game, that way I'm excited about it when it comes out and even though I know what may be coming I can enjoy it more knowing I'm not missing out on anything.

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just as always, I'm going in neutral. I will not spoil any Pokemon for myself unless they are starter evolutions or legendaries, mainly because I want to know what I'll get from each starter and I don't care about legendaries. I may spoil the regional bird, bug and rodent as well, but those will be it. I absolutely REFUSE to spoil anything plot related, even the evil team.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Although the idea of going into a game unspoiled without knowing anything about the new Pokémon, gyms and such sounds kinda appealing to me, I'm afraid it's pretty much impossible for me to not to read up on all the new stuff. And as usual I will want to plan my team and the movesets and everything so yeah, not likely. It's a nice idea though, it would feel like when you were a kid and you didn't know about all the Pokémon and everything's a surprise. Very difficult with the internet and going on bulba and talking to your Pokémon friends everyday though.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I plan on avoiding any spoilers regarding the storyline outside of the pre-release information we get. I try to do that with every new game and for the most part, I do avoid running into major spoilers. I'm not quite sure if I'll avoid learning about all of the new Pokemon that wont' be revealed until the games come out. While the idea of going into the games completely blind outside of the pre-release information sounds tempting and quite appealing, I also like looking at the images for the new Pokemon, deciding which ones I like prior to the games and going from there. I don't look up where they are in the games as I wait until actually going through the games for that. That will probably depend on what date in October the games come out, but I won't go into spoilers beyond that if I do go that route.

I will avoid storyline spoilers and probably pokemon /item locations but i will at-least find out about basic pokemon so i know what is what at the start. Plus i will want to know about the starter evo's before i choose it.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Konoko Hasano View Post
    Last time the leaks were thanks to some Spanish (I believe?) Pokemon site that had somehow gotten the information. I think after the debacle that was the Gen V leak and everything that occurred just after release with a few sites getting in trouble, people might be a bit more careful in regards to leaking. Serebii didn't post the Pokemon information that kept leaking until around the time the games were released if I remember correctly.

Then again, probably not. There'll likely be SOMEONE who would think 'Oh hey, I got hold of some of this info. I should let everybody else know!'

As for waiting or not? I'll gladly eat up as much information as I can about the Pokemon and such. I'll admit, it'd take away most of the surprise, but I prefer knowing about the Pokemon and setting.
    To be exact, Melkor (the owner of the Spanish fansite Pokéxperto) does some work for a Spanish fan magazine with official connections, so we was shown some Generation V Pokémon before the general public. He ended up leaking Pokémon, including the Sacred Swordsmen and Boldore iirc.

As always, if there is someone who is privy to information, they will try to be the first fansite to get it out. Always happens.

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

I don't mind spoilers, but I generally tend to avoid most of them. For new generations , I try to look at some of the new Pokemon so I can get and idea of what Pokemon I might add to my team. And I can look at the version exclusives and decide on which one to get based which ones look better and which legendary I like more. (In this case so far I like Yveltal so I'm gonna with Y) This time around , I want to keep spoilers to as minimum as possible. When Black and White came out I knew a good amount about the games cause I read alot about them during pre-release and there wasn't alot of surprises for me. So for these games, I might just read about some new feature and look at some new Pokemon and let the rest to be a surprise.This time around it's a bit easier cause of the simultaneous worldwide release.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Major storyline spoilers generally irk me, but I can't live without a decent amount of knowledge of the Pokemon of a game. I'm the kind of person who's just as captivated playing a game with full knowledge of it as I am going in blind - and how else am I gonna pass the time until release?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    To be exact, Melkor (the owner of the Spanish fansite Pokéxperto) does some work for a Spanish fan magazine with official connections, so we was shown some Generation V Pokémon before the general public. He ended up leaking Pokémon, including the Sacred Swordsmen and Boldore iirc.
    He leaked them all by Pokédex order, but he only divulged descriptions of what they looked like.

Blog Entries

Spoilers generally don't hurt my gaming experience, so I'll be okay even if I accidentally look at spoilers I didn't want to see. But I'd rather be spoiled with new pokémon than stuff about the storyline, which I think contributes a lot to the epic feel of a Pokémon game.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries
    Follow LegolasTheElf On Twitter

I spoil myself in the name of "planning my team" but end up discussing the designs and all until the games come out..

Melkor had some issues with Joe regarding the reveal of list.. Ah don't wanna talk about it anyway.. So as i was saying.. Reaaaalllyy hope someone does the same thing like revealing the whole stuff atleast a month before the release..

But still total number we can't find right? As event pokemon could be downloadable as DLC for 3DS..

Legolas Greenleaf!

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

I'll get spoiled until 1 month before the release, AKA when the leak and rumor floodgates open.

After that, I'm going to disappear for the internet until my third Semester is over and I can play the games with no pressure. (Around the end of November, so it shouldn't be as much of a wait).

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast