Pokemon X and Pokemon Y: Early List Release?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y: Early List Release?

The 'unShiny' Umbreon! unShinyUmbreon's Avatar

Default Pokemon X and Pokemon Y: Early List Release?

I really hope this hasn't been done before...But, here we go!

Before generation five came out (at least in the US) websites like serebii had updated information as far as the entire new list of pokemon. Now with that said...Is anyone going to remain neutral and just wait for the games to come out? Or are you going to see the spoilers? Are you getting the new game(s) at all?

So far, the starter pokemon (Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie) have been released, along with what is presumed to be the main legendaries of pokemon X and Y. (Xerneas and Yveltal)

I want to remain neutral, and be suprised when the games come out...But, honestly, if websites adopt the entire list of generation six, I think I might give in...What about you guys?

Forever Lacking Rhythm Konoko Hasano's Avatar

Default Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y: Early List Release?

Last time the leaks were thanks to some Spanish (I believe?) Pokemon site that had somehow gotten the information. I think after the debacle that was the Gen V leak and everything that occurred just after release with a few sites getting in trouble, people might be a bit more careful in regards to leaking. Serebii didn't post the Pokemon information that kept leaking until around the time the games were released if I remember correctly.

Then again, probably not. There'll likely be SOMEONE who would think 'Oh hey, I got hold of some of this info. I should let everybody else know!'

As for waiting or not? I'll gladly eat up as much information as I can about the Pokemon and such. I'll admit, it'd take away most of the surprise, but I prefer knowing about the Pokemon and setting.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Gonna remain neutral this time. For the previous gens it was understandable to see all, as the time between release was unbearable, Pokemon-wise, but this time thanks to the close release learning all the new Pokemon by myself is gonna be so fun. First time a walkthrough might actually be needed, considering how some mon might have strange requirements only a proper paper walkthrough would have. Hell everyone's likely gonna be stuck figuring out all the new mon for a while.

It's easier this time around, especially if you live outside of Japan. There was always that period of time between the Japanese and international releases where the games would be completely revealed because people would play through the Japanese versions of the games and all would be revealed. This time around, we'll be given the chance to play the games at the same time, which means that we'll be able to reveal those things on our own at the same time as everyone else.
    Mega Uncle Edit Y likes this.

Blog Entries

I'd likely look at it to see if it involves version exclusives and maybe the first 2 or 3 leaders. I could not see a fansite getting in trouble this time around due to it being released worldwide on the same day

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

I think I'll be able to resist and that will make it even more fun. The difference this time is there's no six month localisation gap between Japan and International releases, it's even within the same month so it should be much easier to wait.

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Facebook View Post
    I think I'll be able to resist and that will make it even more fun. The difference this time is there's no six month localisation gap between Japan and International releases, it's even within the same month so it should be much easier to wait.
    Yeah I completely agree with what your saying. Also on a side note how long would it take for the monthly CoroCoro info to be revealed outside of Japan?
    Last edited by The Guardian Sylveon; 17th January 2013 at 05:45 AM.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Blog Entries
    Add Hedface on Facebook
    Visit Hedface's Youtube Channel

Actually, I'd like to know all that I can before starting this game. It will feed my excitement and anticipation, as well as allow me to know what I'm getting into before starting the game. I'm one of those people who don't like feeling around in the dark, so to speak.

Jumping on the Fenne-Bandwagon

Blog Entries

The only Pokemon game I've ever had spoiled was BW2. There's two reasons for this -

1. People posting massive spoilers with no warning whatsoever (and sometimes in completely unrelated threads).

and 2. My own naivety.

When Black and White was released here in the UK, nothing at all had been spoiled for me and as a result, that first play through was amazing. To me, that's what every Pokemon game should feel like when you first play it...

...which is why I may have to avoid the forums for a while shortly before the games are released :/ although as has been mentioned by others, the worldwide release is going to make the whole process much easier.

Blog Entries

I'll still spoil myself all the same. I like to plan my teams ahead in advance, so the only way I would be able to do that is by spoiling myself.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

I'm a shameless spoiler hound. I usually get MORE excited for a new game the more I know about it before it's released. Plus like the post above me, I always plan my team before playing a new Pokemon game, so spoiling myself on the new Pokedex is a must.
    Owain and Silverwynde like this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

THE Pokemon Master TheMonster6893's Avatar

Since I can't live without spoilers to some degree, I'll prolly end up looking at the spoilers and following along until the games come out no matter what I say right now. XD For this game however I think I'm gonna have put the breaks on and try to censor what I can for myself before the actual release. I plan on looking up the evolutions of the starters and the version exclusives so that at the very least I have some knowledge of what I'm getting into. lol
    My Y Team:

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I cannot really resist spoilers out of curiosity so if there are early leaks Im looking forward to seeing them. I want to see everything, the Pokemon, human characters, etc.
    Owain likes this.

The 'unShiny' Umbreon! unShinyUmbreon's Avatar

Yeah, I mean I love spoilers too, and I know what you mean! But, when Diamond and Pearl first came out it was all completely NEW to me, I hadn't seen any early release photos or anything, even the starters were new to me! Around that time, with choosing my starter I had to go out on a limb. Same thing with Hoenn! Ever since, I've always picked the water type. Now, I am definately going with Fennekin! I think I can resist any spoilers long enough...I'll try my best though!

TheMonster6893 -- I noticed, below your post, your Black 2 Team...If you don't mind me asking, where did you get those animations?

Blog Entries

I'll spoil myself as I always do, I never stay neutral.

I do it because it's incredibly fun to see all the Pokemon as they get revealed, and I want to know all about them before I start my journey. As others have said, I plan my team before starting a new game, so it's needed, too.

Quote Originally Posted by unShinyUmbreon View Post
    TheMonster6893 -- I noticed, below your post, your Black 2 Team...If you don't mind me asking, where did you get those animations?
    I'm not TheMonster6893, but they're from Pokecheck.
    Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 animated sprites

Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast