Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!) - Page 87

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687
Results 1,291 to 1,301 of 1301
Like Tree611Likes

Thread: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tensho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jitzul View Post
    Not sure if anybody has said this yet but I think gogoat is gonna be pretty damn bulk considering it took about 25% damage from a slowbro with ice beam.
    It's pretty good. Maybe this is why there is no Gen VI mons that mega evolve, or it could be that GF is trying to buff Grass-type. But Slowbro isn't exactly an attacker and there is no STAB + not 4x weakness.
    True, although Slowbro has pretty good Sp Atk. Even without 4x weakness and STAB, from a 2x super effective special attack from a pokemon with reasonably good Special Attack without STAB you still expect something much closer to 60% damage than 25%, at a guess. Gogoat does seem to have pretty great Special Defense, in that case. That or a ridiculous amount of HP.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    True, although Slowbro has pretty good Sp Atk. Even without 4x weakness and STAB, from a 2x super effective special attack from a pokemon with reasonably good Special Attack without STAB you still expect something much closer to 60% damage than 25%, at a guess. Gogoat does seem to have pretty great Special Defense, in that case. That or a ridiculous amount of HP.
    Maybe it has both high HP and Special Defense. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time that's happened. But either way, that is so cool that Gogoat is so sturdy. Able to take an Ice Beam and almost shrug it off. And it is pretty funny that those guys weren't paying attention with Mega Ampharos's Mold Breaker ability. Talk about a "shock" to their systems. *chuckles*

Anyway, jokes aside, Mega Blaziken and Mega Ampharos were really awesome. Those animations were beautifully done. I might consider raising my event Torchic just so I can have Mega Blaziken as a backup member.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Blog Entries

Mega Ampharos shoulda had Teravolt instead. Yeah, I know, exact same effect, but it's cooler. And they're handing out legendary signature moves to non-legends now (Sacred Sword to Doublade), so why not abilities?

Blog Entries

Well, if Mega Pokemon are supposed to go on the levels of Legendary, I don't see why not....

He's Amphabulous! Bayushiyojiro's Avatar

do we know gogoat's ability? is it possible it has thick fat?
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

all gens have their purpose and place (except hoenn, screw hoenn)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bayushiyojiro View Post
    do we know gogoat's ability? is it possible it has thick fat?
    Unfortunately, no. We only know Skiddo's, which is Sap Sipper, but it could easily change when it evolves. Though I could see Thick Fat working, since it has a mountain goat vibe, and they live up in the colder parts of the mountains (Thick Fat would also buff it up against Fire-types if that's the case). But for all we know it could have a totally new ability.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

it was just the thought that they gave it to mega venusaur.. and it would be nice to have a grass type that is bulky and not have all those common weaknesses. the mountain goat thing kinda helps with the idea too. also sap sipper could be its 'other' ability (most pokemon have 2, 3 if you count hidden/DW, and now possibly 4 with megas)
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Blog Entries

@Bayushiyojiro; I'm not dismissing the idea. In fact, I find the idea encouraging. Give a Grass-type a fighting chance for a change. And the mountain goat idea is further supported by the fact that Gogoat learns Rock Slide (as shown during a Horde Battle with five Houndours). So I could easily see Thick Fat as at least one of Skiddo's/Gogoat's abilities. So I support your theory very much, and I would love to see it happen.

Anywho, moving on. We still don't know all the details behind Mega Evolution, do we? While we now know that each participating Trainer can use one Mega Evolution per battle, do we now know how Mega Evolution is fully executed yet? We know about the Key Stone and the respective Mega Stone, but that about covers it. Did Smash give anymore insight on that yet?

Blog Entries

We know that if you have a Mega Stone equipped, at the bottom of the battle screen is a button that you can click at any time to Mega-Evolve in battle. Nothing else besides that as far as I can tell.

we also know the 'activation' of a meag stone is voluntary and does not take up an attack turn. and has top priority over probably everything but switching

Blog Entries

When is Pokemon Get TV on again???
    8ther likes this.

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687