Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!) - Page 8

Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Like Tree611Likes

Thread: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

Unfortunately a large card does not mean a large image or portion of information. They can blow a small Pokemon up to fit the dimensions of a large card. Size is no inidcation of what is to be revealed Saturday.

Here's what I want to know; since they're are three questions marks...are we getting three new Pokemon or are we getting one Pokemon and two other things?

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse Kyuuketsuki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    Here's what I want to know; since they're are three questions marks...are we getting three new Pokemon or are we getting one Pokemon and two other things?
    It's all just guessing at this point. I personally think it'll only be one Pokémon, only because it is quite early.

Actually, was it confirmed to be a Pokémon, or did they just say "new revelation"?

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuketsuki View Post
    It's all just guessing at this point. I personally think it'll only be one Pokémon, only because it is quite early.

Actually, was it confirmed to be a Pokémon, or did they just say "new revelation"?
    The image showed the battle screen covered with a question mark. I'm assuming it's a Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    The image showed the battle screen covered with a question mark. I'm assuming it's a Pokemon.
    Forgot about that. XD

Then I guess it'll be a Pokémon + Showcase in battle.

Blog Entries

x90x.jpg
    Hidden Mew, mariowie and Kouzan like this.

Blog Entries

If it is more than one Pokémon, I hope we see two regional early bird Pokémon. In Generation III, we had Tailow and Wingull, so I hope we get two of them this time around as well. We also got Poochyena and Purrloin as a second early route Pokémon next to Zigzagoon and Patrat, so hopefully, we'll get two of those as well.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If it is more than one Pokémon, I hope we see two regional early bird Pokémon. In Generation III, we had Tailow and Wingull, so I hope we get two of them this time around as well. We also got Poochyena and Purrloin as a second early route Pokémon next to Zigzagoon and Patrat, so hopefully, we'll get two of those as well.
    No, I'm sick of seeing almost every early game Pokemon be generic ripoffs of each other. I'd like to see them either make more original ones, or just reuse the ones that they think fit the region. Hell, it looks like we may be seeing Patrat again this game, maybe we don't even need a regional rodent this game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    No, I'm sick of seeing almost every early game Pokemon be generic ripoffs of each other. I'd like to see them either make more original ones, or just reuse the ones that they think fit the region. Hell, it looks like we may be seeing Patrat again this game, maybe we don't even need a regional rodent this game.
    I disagree. While new concepts are great and all, the reason I want some repeated ones is because it ties all the regions together. This might just be my mentality as a fan-fic writer, but I want to have the regions be connected somehow, and if Mew is the ancestor of all Pokémon, it's only natural that some of them end up similar to others.

Also, in concept, they may be similar, but so far, Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Bidoof, Patrat, and Purrloin are all unique Pokémon, and each have their own qualities and stand out on their own, even if their defining quality is that they are not good, or a good HM slave, or just an ability that people only catch that Pokémon for. Similarly, Pidgey, Hoothoot, Tailow, Wingull, Starly, and Pidove are unique Pokémon as well, even if they are just cartoonish drawings of birds that get called a Pokémon.

I disagree. While new concepts are great and all, the reason I want some repeated ones is because it ties all the regions together. This might just be my mentality as a fan-fic writer, but I want to have the regions be connected somehow, and if Mew is the ancestor of all Pokémon, it's only natural that some of them end up similar to others.

Also, in concept, they may be similar, but so far, Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Bidoof, Patrat, and Purrloin are all unique Pokémon, and each have their own qualities and stand out on their own, even if their defining quality is that they are not good, or a good HM slave, or just an ability that people only catch that Pokémon for. Similarly, Pidgey, Hoothoot, Tailow, Wingull, Starly, and Pidove are unique Pokémon as well, even if they are just cartoonish drawings of birds that get called a Pokémon.
    I agree with you :3 These rodents and birds are part of this world and to be honest, I´d rather have a bunch of not-so-extreme-looking and maybe a bit ordinary pokémon, than some extravagant creatures that doesn´t even look like Pokémon, just because they need new OP beasts :3 Coincidentally though, I´m a fanfic writer as well :3

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't mind them reusing similar roles, it's a bit much to expect them to come up with completely different Pokemon every gen, I just think they need to be more original in terms of typing and movesets. Enough pure Normal regional rodents with the same Tackle/Quick Attack/Headbutt/whatever. Enough Normal/Flying regional birds with generic Flying and speedy moves. Make them feel less interchangeable. They've done okay with that before, Hoothoot and Bidoof are great examples of what they should be doing, they just need to do it more often.

Blog Entries
    Follow はるひ On Twitter Add はるひ on Facebook
    Follow はるひ on Tumblr Visit はるひ's Youtube Channel

every game needs a regional ____ Pokemon ;p

Ugh...I just had a thought. Instead of a regional rodent or bird...it's a regional spider.

Ugh...I just had a thought. Instead of a regional rodent or bird...it's a regional spider.
    Well, we do have regional bug :3 Caterpie/Weedle, Ledyba/Spinarak, Wurmple, Kricketot or Burmy? We´re probably missing the typical "regional bug" here, Sewaddle/Venipede :)
    Velvet and Neptune's Disciple like this.

@Nereus; oh yeah...kinda forgot about that lol!

Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast