Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!) - Page 26

Page 26 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 1301
Like Tree611Likes

Thread: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

  1. #376
    We all change The_Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    On the internetz
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    Just what we need, another month of people arguing over things. I say that because in debates, things are a lot calmer.
    At least this Mewtwo thing shouldn't be much longer (as long as more info is released in the new trailer on the 18th, ot CoroCoro this month).

    I like the new forme. Looks good to me, and I hope it somehow ties in to XY's story somehow. I would prefer Mewthree, but I think it's obvious that this is simply a new forme for Mewtwo and not a separate Pokemon. They called B and W Kyurem new pokemon, plus making people speculate and guess is what they always like to do, even when it's obvious.
    I don't think it's that obvious. It seems to me it has a pretty even chance of being one or the other. I'm hoping it will be a new Pokemon, I'm still not too fond of the idea of an alternate forme of Mewtwo. I'd much rather see this Pokemon be a new Pokemon.
    I think that it's quite obvious due to the movie. It has been interchanged with Mewtwo in the movie posters and the movie is called "Mewtwo's Awakening" which leads me to believe the title refers to a forme change and Mewtwo revealing it's "true form". While it's not impossible to be a new Pokemon, it's much more likely imo that it's simply a new forme.

  2. #377
    Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    Just what we need, another month of people arguing over things. I say that because in debates, things are a lot calmer.
    At least this Mewtwo thing shouldn't be much longer (as long as more info is released in the new trailer on the 18th, ot CoroCoro this month).

    I like the new forme. Looks good to me, and I hope it somehow ties in to XY's story somehow. I would prefer Mewthree, but I think it's obvious that this is simply a new forme for Mewtwo and not a separate Pokemon. They called B and W Kyurem new pokemon, plus making people speculate and guess is what they always like to do, even when it's obvious.
    I don't think it's that obvious. It seems to me it has a pretty even chance of being one or the other. I'm hoping it will be a new Pokemon, I'm still not too fond of the idea of an alternate forme of Mewtwo. I'd much rather see this Pokemon be a new Pokemon.
    I think that it's quite obvious due to the movie. It has been interchanged with Mewtwo in the movie posters and the movie is called "Mewtwo's Awakening" which leads me to believe the title refers to a forme change and Mewtwo revealing it's "true form". While it's not impossible to be a new Pokemon, it's much more likely imo that it's simply a new forme.
    You bring up a point, but what's stopping having Mewtwo and a new Mewtwo-like Pokemon both appearing in this movie?? The title of the movie does make sense at indicating it is a forme, but I believe there is still good chance it is a new Pokemon. If it is a forme, I'm sure I'll get used to that, but until that is confirmed, my hopes are with being a new Pokemon.

  3. #378
    We all change The_Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    On the internetz
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    Just what we need, another month of people arguing over things. I say that because in debates, things are a lot calmer.
    At least this Mewtwo thing shouldn't be much longer (as long as more info is released in the new trailer on the 18th, ot CoroCoro this month).

    I like the new forme. Looks good to me, and I hope it somehow ties in to XY's story somehow. I would prefer Mewthree, but I think it's obvious that this is simply a new forme for Mewtwo and not a separate Pokemon. They called B and W Kyurem new pokemon, plus making people speculate and guess is what they always like to do, even when it's obvious.
    I don't think it's that obvious. It seems to me it has a pretty even chance of being one or the other. I'm hoping it will be a new Pokemon, I'm still not too fond of the idea of an alternate forme of Mewtwo. I'd much rather see this Pokemon be a new Pokemon.
    I think that it's quite obvious due to the movie. It has been interchanged with Mewtwo in the movie posters and the movie is called "Mewtwo's Awakening" which leads me to believe the title refers to a forme change and Mewtwo revealing it's "true form". While it's not impossible to be a new Pokemon, it's much more likely imo that it's simply a new forme.
    You bring up a point, but what's stopping having Mewtwo and a new Mewtwo-like Pokemon both appearing in this movie?? The title of the movie does make sense at indicating it is a forme, but I believe there is still good chance it is a new Pokemon. If it is a forme, I'm sure I'll get used to that, but until that is confirmed, my hopes are with being a new Pokemon.
    Well, we'll see. I would prefer a new pokemon, but I think it'll probably be a new forme. Hopefully we get more info in this month's CoroCoro and the new trailer later this month.

  4. #379
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,366
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

    When I say that "you haven't seen the real Mewtwo" at the end of a trailer means a new forme, it means a new form god damn it! :P
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

    I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

  5. #380
    THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL. Branellope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    276
    Blog Entries
    3
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by LadySasaki View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skaraflame View Post
    Bastard flying ball-bag box.
    I'm not happy. I love the Pokemon, but WHAT IS IT? I expect them to reveal something other than a fecking appearance. I'm legit angry.
    Ikr. I'm getting real sick of how coy they're being about the types this gen. I never wanted new types to be added but I'm half hoping they will be just to justify all this top-secret shit. It's the only thing that makes sense...other than GF just feeling like being massive trolls.
    I always wanted less pre-release info, but this... This is ridiculous. When a new Pokemon is revealed, I expect information about it, then the reveal is just pointless.

    [SIZE=5]Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.[SIZE]

    I claimed Noivern omg <3

    "A good trainer wins despite hinderances" - Serebii
    "I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim" - Bring Me The Horizon - Can You Feel My Heart

  6. #381
    Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    Just what we need, another month of people arguing over things. I say that because in debates, things are a lot calmer.
    At least this Mewtwo thing shouldn't be much longer (as long as more info is released in the new trailer on the 18th, ot CoroCoro this month).

    I like the new forme. Looks good to me, and I hope it somehow ties in to XY's story somehow. I would prefer Mewthree, but I think it's obvious that this is simply a new forme for Mewtwo and not a separate Pokemon. They called B and W Kyurem new pokemon, plus making people speculate and guess is what they always like to do, even when it's obvious.
    I don't think it's that obvious. It seems to me it has a pretty even chance of being one or the other. I'm hoping it will be a new Pokemon, I'm still not too fond of the idea of an alternate forme of Mewtwo. I'd much rather see this Pokemon be a new Pokemon.
    I think that it's quite obvious due to the movie. It has been interchanged with Mewtwo in the movie posters and the movie is called "Mewtwo's Awakening" which leads me to believe the title refers to a forme change and Mewtwo revealing it's "true form". While it's not impossible to be a new Pokemon, it's much more likely imo that it's simply a new forme.
    You bring up a point, but what's stopping having Mewtwo and a new Mewtwo-like Pokemon both appearing in this movie?? The title of the movie does make sense at indicating it is a forme, but I believe there is still good chance it is a new Pokemon. If it is a forme, I'm sure I'll get used to that, but until that is confirmed, my hopes are with being a new Pokemon.
    Well, we'll see. I would prefer a new pokemon, but I think it'll probably be a new forme. Hopefully we get more info in this month's CoroCoro and the new trailer later this month.
    I was really hoping they would have announced more. We've been waiting around for a month, and they gave us a design of one new Pokemon. No name, no other information besides it's related to Mewtwo. We better be receiving new Information on a more regular basis, because right now I feel as though I'm being tortured.
    Witchboi and Silverwynde like this.

  7. #382
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    You bring up a point, but what's stopping having Mewtwo and a new Mewtwo-like Pokemon both appearing in this movie??
    The fact that the new movie poster only shows one of them.

  8. #383
    Registered User Chiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    GTS Negotiations
    Posts
    239
    Add Chiss on Facebook

    Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

    Considering that this is what I thought it would look like judging from the scans...
    screen-shot-2013-04-07-5.05.07-pm.png
    I'm happy with the announcement.

  9. #384
    Simpler times ahead
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,366
    Blog Entries
    164

    Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

    I would assume CoroCoro has some info, for lack of a better info medium. What I mean is, if CoroCoro has nothing, at least this plus some of the event info. Otherwise this would be quite a dull reveal. And yeah, this thing isn't gonna be some new Pokemon, its gonna be a forme. You just don't drop something like this without screaming at the top of your head OMFG MEWTHREE, if it were such.
    Edit: I understand wholly that this is different then the whole Kyurem debacle as its mentioned this thing is related the Mewtwo as opposed to being Mewtwo, but in-movie it would make no sense. They have the title as Genesect and Mewtwo, and unless we're getting a 3rd title change, something that hasn't happened EVER, there would be no reason to assume this is a new Pokemon.
    Last edited by Mitzman!; 7th April 2013 at 03:14 AM.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

    I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

  10. #385
    Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,109
    Blog Entries
    2

    Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

    Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    You bring up a point, but what's stopping having Mewtwo and a new Mewtwo-like Pokemon both appearing in this movie??
    The fact that the new movie poster only shows one of them.
    That doesn't guarantee anything. It's just one poster. Until this Pokemon is recognised officially, I'll be hopeful towards being it a new Pokemon.

  11. #386
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    It's just one poster.
    It's the poster.

  12. #387
    Bulbapædist Zeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,471

    Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    You bring up a point, but what's stopping having Mewtwo and a new Mewtwo-like Pokemon both appearing in this movie??
    The fact that the new movie poster only shows one of them.
    That doesn't guarantee anything. It's just one poster. Until this Pokemon is recognised officially, I'll be hopeful towards being it a new Pokemon.
    And Clark Kent and Superman are two totally different people!
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

  13. #388
    El_
    El_ is offline
    Registered User El_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    N's Puzzle Cube
    Posts
    1,440
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

    Not only that, but a movie featuring something like Mewthree would feel extremely odd when theres already 5 Genesect sharing the movie and one returning Mewtwo. I just don't see how a story could be balanced out to where Mewthree's origins, Genesect's story, and Mewtwo's new developments are all going on at once. It would be an utter mess.

    If it were an X & Y Pokemon movie just focusing on Mewtwo/Mewthree then it could work. But since everything points to "Mewtwo's Awakening" anyways, and some kind of new inner change for Mewtwo we can just about safely rule out a separate species. (unless it actually evolves into another species rather than a forme)

    Anyways, hopefully this is the last forme GameFreak does for at least a good while. Xerneas, Yveltal, and whatever else needs a different approach even with the heavy genetic themed focus. Perhaps if the Berserk Gene item truly is dropped by Mewtwo, initiating a forme change due to losing it's anger and finding peace: Here is ;The Outrage's theory on that http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f693/mewtwos-role-146691/index9.html#post4699094

    The next villain team could perhaps find that abandoned Gene, and use it as a base for future experimentation.
    Silktree likes this.

    N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

  14. #389
    Time Traveler Silktree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,396
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

    The leaker of the movie poster said that the new Mewtwo is called Éclair Forme. I see no reason to doubt him now that we know that the poster is real. I don't know why Serebii hasn't put this information on his website.

  15. #390
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread



    With a big chest like that , This new Pokemon look more like a female version of Mewtwo !

Page 26 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •