Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!) - Page 25

Page 25 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Like Tree611Likes

Thread: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread (SEE FIRST POST!)

Default Re: Pokemon Smash Discussion Thread

My take is that this new Mewtwo-related Pokemon is indirectly related to Mewtwo and Mew, being not a new forme of Mewtwo but another Mew (or Mewtwo perhaps) clone and so a completely new Pokemon separate from the two. I based this on the wording of TCPi. Remember that the one who is referring to the new formes as "new Pokemon" is TCPJ (J - Japan); but the situation is different now, it's now TCPJ and TCPi (i - International) stating that this Mewtwo-related Pokemon is a newly-discovered Pokemon. And as far as history goes, TCPi didn't refer to the formes as "new Pokemon."
    Last edited by bian; 6th April 2013 at 09:09 PM.
    UnovaCastaway likes this.

Wow. Just wow.

Now that I've seen the Sugimori art for this new Pokemon, it looks pretty awesome, actually. A lot better than what the poster made it out to be.

It's interesting that it's an entirely new Pokemon altogether that has connections with Mewtwo, as opposed to a form change for Mewtwo. I prefer it this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Blog Entries
    Follow はるひ On Twitter Add はるひ on Facebook
    Follow はるひ on Tumblr Visit はるひ's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gotpika View Post
    @Dex; @Ziggy Stardust;

@Adamant; Confirmed that the forms of Kyurem were indeed referred to as new Pokemon via Serebii, he's a prominent Japanese translator and from pocketmonster.net as well and is an Admin over there iirc. He's been a more than reliable source for anime and game news for both Serebii and Bulbagarden so I'm going by what he said specifically on the matter.
    Though, Adamant-chan isn't alwaaaays right, I have to agree here.

*steps off soapbox*

Formes require as much work as new Pokemon, so it's not a surprise to think that the Pokemon Company thinks of them as such. Really, the only thing that doesn't make them new is that they share dex numbers and it keeps Legendaries from evolving via a technicality.

If this thing is being shown in posters where it's interchangeable with Mewtwo, then it's pretty obvious that it's a Forme change. That doesn't mean it's not a new Pokemon, though - at least as far as PCI is concerned.
    SirOni likes this.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Blog Entries

I'm actually VERY disappointed that this is what we get...Just a new form or Pokemon connected to Mewtwo and nothing else.
    Claimed Monferno on 12/8/13

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingQuilava. View Post
    I'm actually VERY disappointed that this is what we get...Just a new form or Pokemon connected to Mewtwo and nothing else.
    Considering that most people apparently expected to see a regional rodent, I can't say that I relate to your disappointment.

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingQuilava. View Post
    Be glad we have something new to talk about. I got very tired of nearly two months of "OMG Sylveon is a flying type" "OMG Sylveon is a light type!"

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bian View Post
    And as far as history goes, TCPi didn't refer to the formes as "new Pokemon."
    That is not saying much since TPCi has never had to keep things simultaneous with Japan until now. Under the new circumstances, they have to (more or less) iterate TPCj's phrasing.

Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, a Pokémon with some connection to Mewtwo...guess that's why they have the new movie transition.
    One thing I want to know is whether or not this Pokémon is a new clone of Mew/Mewtwo. About the only detail that I have that really means anything (though it's still not much) is their eyes - red for "Newtwo", purple for Mewtwo and blue for Mew. Thank you, TV Tropes.

(Seriously, though, would the eye colour mean anything about their personality?)
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

Soul of the Trees Forest Spirit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Forest Spirit on Google+

HAS ANYONE ELSE NOT NOTICED THE PATTERN?!?!?!?!?

GEN I - 4 GAMES
    GEN II - 2 GAMES, NEW TYPES, 3RD VERSION, RETURN OF VILLAIN TEAM FROM PREVIOUS GEN,
    GEN III - 2 GAMES, REMAKES, 3RD VERSION
    GEN IV - 2 GAMES, REMAKES, 3RD VERSION

GEN V - 4 GAMES!!!!!
    GEN VI -
    GEN VII -
    GEN VIII -

ASIDE FROM MY THOUGHTS ON THE REMAKES BEING MADE BECAUSE OF THE EV/IV OVERHAUL, THERE'S A PATTERN, AND GEN V WAS THE BEGINNING OF A REPEAT. TAKE AN EDUCATED GUESS AT WHAT COMES THIS GEN.

In Gen II, Johto was connected to the gen I region of Kanto.

In Gen III and IV, and the regions were set up so that there couldn't be another full region attatched, as there were no significant portions leading off of the maps.

Look at the B2W2 map. Left-hand portion leads off of the map leaving enough room for a connection to a new region. The layout itself is more similar to Gen I than any other regional maps (in my opinion)

Now think of how much more Storyline(s) they have to build off of. Not to mention the untapped possibility of the Abyssal Ruins (see my other thread)

Going solely from this pattern, there will be new types, Team plasma probably won't make another appearance because of B2W2, but who knows. There will also probably be a third version. Think about this, and please correct me if you find a flaw in my logic, but I'm not looking at tiny trivial things, I'm looking at the big picture, or at least I'm trying to.

Blog Entries

You realize, for it to be a pattern, the series has to repeat, correct? You're saying that Gen V is the beginning of the repeat, but we haven't seen it repeat once, at all, so there is no pattern. For instance, take this sequence of numbers 1-3-5-1. Now that seems like the next number will repeat to be 3, correct? But what if the series isn't complete and the pattern is 1-3-5-1-7-1-3-5-7?

And people are exceedingly good at finding non-existent patterns.

Gen I - Two main versions, an updated third version, and a special edition (but three games outside of Japan)
    Gen II - Two main versions, an updated version
    Gen III - Two main versions, remakes, an updated version of the main games
    Gen IV - Two main games, the updated third version, remakes
    Gen V - Two main games, a sequel that was originally going to be two "third versions"
    Gen IV - Two main games

You see, the only consistent pattern in releases is the fact that there have been two main games each generation. So what can I predict for future generations with a great amount of certainty? Two main games.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre Byrd View Post
    HAS ANYONE ELSE NOT NOTICED THE PATTERN?!?!?!?!?

GEN I - 4 GAMES
    GEN II - 2 GAMES, NEW TYPES, 3RD VERSION, RETURN OF VILLAIN TEAM FROM PREVIOUS GEN,
    GEN III - 2 GAMES, REMAKES, 3RD VERSION
    GEN IV - 2 GAMES, REMAKES, 3RD VERSION

GEN V - 4 GAMES!!!!!
    GEN VI -
    GEN VII -
    GEN VIII -

ASIDE FROM MY THOUGHTS ON THE REMAKES BEING MADE BECAUSE OF THE EV/IV OVERHAUL, THERE'S A PATTERN, AND GEN V WAS THE BEGINNING OF A REPEAT. TAKE AN EDUCATED GUESS AT WHAT COMES THIS GEN.

In Gen II, Johto was connected to the gen I region of Kanto.

In Gen III and IV, and the regions were set up so that there couldn't be another full region attatched, as there were no significant portions leading off of the maps.

Look at the B2W2 map. Left-hand portion leads off of the map leaving enough room for a connection to a new region. The layout itself is more similar to Gen I than any other regional maps (in my opinion)

Now think of how much more Storyline(s) they have to build off of. Not to mention the untapped possibility of the Abyssal Ruins (see my other thread)

Going solely from this pattern, there will be new types, Team plasma probably won't make another appearance because of B2W2, but who knows. There will also probably be a third version. Think about this, and please correct me if you find a flaw in my logic, but I'm not looking at tiny trivial things, I'm looking at the big picture, or at least I'm trying to.
    You have brought up an interesting point, although I consider more a coincidence than an actual pattern. Gen II bought new types because it was necessary, they needed to add extras to make a more balanced type chart. Now that it is balanced, I don't think GameFreak will be introducing any new types, but you never know, it is always a possibility.

Japan had 4 games in gen I, but no other country did. As far as I know, Pokemon Green was only released in Japan. Gen V also bought sequels, instead of updated 'third versions', which would start a new pattern. I don't think anybody saw the sequels coming, I believe most, if not all, people were expecting a third version, and speculating what the third version's title would be, and then they introduced the sequels.

I doubt anybody was expecting a new forme/new Pokemon that may be related to an old Pokemon (Mewtwo) until pictures were leaked, and people started speculating. What I'm trying to say is that, anything can happen. We can all expect one thing and then receive something completely different.

Soul of the Trees Forest Spirit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Forest Spirit on Google+

@The Outrage; People are also exceedingly good at finding patterns, we couldn't find them, we couldn't have anyting to compare them to, thereby making it impossible to deem something 'not a pattern' if we can't find a pettern to compare it to.

Look at the region layouts - The map has much room for expansion to the far left-hand side, mimicing Gen I - II.

Look at the pokedexes (Unova was the first pokedex [excluding Gen I] to have pokemon only from its respective region)

Look at alternate forms/ new evolutions/preevolutions for old - Pichu, Igglybuff, Clleffa, Espeon, Umbreon etc. Now look at Sylveon and the possible mewtwo form (Evolution?)

Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    Just what we need, another month of people arguing over things. I say that because in debates, things are a lot calmer.
    At least this Mewtwo thing shouldn't be much longer (as long as more info is released in the new trailer on the 18th, ot CoroCoro this month).

I like the new forme. Looks good to me, and I hope it somehow ties in to XY's story somehow. I would prefer Mewthree, but I think it's obvious that this is simply a new forme for Mewtwo and not a separate Pokemon. They called B and W Kyurem new pokemon, plus making people speculate and guess is what they always like to do, even when it's obvious.

Scandal In The Firenation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Akira Bond on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex View Post
    Just what we need, another month of people arguing over things. I say that because in debates, things are a lot calmer.
    At least this Mewtwo thing shouldn't be much longer (as long as more info is released in the new trailer on the 18th, ot CoroCoro this month).

I like the new forme. Looks good to me, and I hope it somehow ties in to XY's story somehow. I would prefer Mewthree, but I think it's obvious that this is simply a new forme for Mewtwo and not a separate Pokemon. They called B and W Kyurem new pokemon, plus making people speculate and guess is what they always like to do, even when it's obvious.
    I don't think it's that obvious. It seems to me it has a pretty even chance of being one or the other. I'm hoping it will be a new Pokemon, I'm still not too fond of the idea of an alternate forme of Mewtwo. I'd much rather see this Pokemon be a new Pokemon.

I like the design of the new Mewtwo. I think it has Mew's cuteness, along with Mewtwo's Toughness.

Page 25 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast