Pokemon Renaissance? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What do you think of GF's claim of an "inventive rebirth?"

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • It'll be a true Pokemon Renaissance! Sweeping overhauls in most parts of the games.

7 10.94%
  • Their claim is a bit inflated. They might change some stuff, but not a massive amount.

49 76.56%
  • They're bluffing! They'll probably only change a few things & pass it off as a rebirth.

8 12.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pokemon Renaissance?

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Renaissance?

Quote Originally Posted by captainpost View Post
    What was so wrong with ruby and saphire? I loved them. I think they get a bad rap.
    Lack of compatibility with older generations
    Not enough familiar pokemon
    a lot of backtracking
    a lot of water routes
    complete overhaul of the stat system

A lot of people find those to be flaws.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Pokebreeder in training Anthony Von Hertzon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I highly doubt we'll get a complete overhall, or maybe that's just my hoping. However, I hope some things are changed and added so that's why I chose option 2 because it seemed that it was the most likely thing to happen and what I really want to happen.

Click the Userbars!

Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko-kun View Post
    Well, we all know what happened the last time it seemed that Game Freak tried to reboot the series. *cough*rubyandsapphire*cough*
    lol, all the conservative nostalgia fans whining about how all routes should've been filled with Pidgey and Ratata instead, and how they should've installed backwards compability even though impossible.

I'm gonna laugh if those exact same people are whining in half a year about how much gen V sucks xD

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    lol, all the conservative nostalgia fans whining about how all routes should've been filled with Pidgey and Ratata instead, and how they should've installed backwards compability even though impossible.

I'm gonna laugh if those exact same people are whining in half a year about how much gen V sucks xD
    That would be hilarious.

I like to save the beef for my tacos, so that's why my sig isn't that...well,beefy. (:

Reshiram is for those who are cool.

追放されたバカ
    Where both beef and dreams are super-sized
    Blog Entries

Ruby and Sapphire are the games which receive the most criticism from the Pokémon fandom.

Plus a shit-load of Gen. III 'mon were crappy

Fury will consume you! Olaf-symbiote's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Even though backwards compatibility might have been technically impossible, the lack of it was certainly a huge flaw of the third gen. I remember being pissed off when I coukdn't transfer over my hard-trained Pokémon after beating the league. And I spent ages training them. I don't want to train a third Feraligatr in the fifth generation.

However, I doubt they'd cut generation V's backwards compatibility with the fourth generation, since both are on DS. There's no handy excuse for them this time and a lot of the older fans are gonna feel they've been screwed over again.
    Dr. Jeremiah Surd from The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest is my all time favorite villain, beating even Ganondorf from the Zelda series!

Hunting for Rare Candies Jirachi's Wish's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Jirachi's Wish On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf-symbiote View Post
    Even though backwards compatibility might have been technically impossible, the lack of it was certainly a huge flaw of the third gen. I remember being pissed off when I coukdn't transfer over my hard-trained Pokémon after beating the league. And I spent ages training them. I don't want to train a third Feraligatr in the fifth generation.

However, I doubt they'd cut generation V's backwards compatibility with the fourth generation, since both are on DS. There's no handy excuse for them this time and a lot of the older fans are gonna feel they've been screwed over again.
    Well one of the possibly reasons that you couldn't transfer over your pokemon from G/S/C to R/S/E was a)It was a new game, meaning no continuing level gym leaders, b) It would be to easy since who knows what level your pokemon were, and c)It was GF's choice.

Anyways, I think for Gen V, if compatibility with Gen IV happens, it would be towards the end of the game or post-E4. Also like what many others have said, it will probably function like the Time Capsule or possibly the Pal Park.
    My X Team:
    (Lv.64)(Lv.62)(Lv.61)(Lv.61)(Lv.64)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12