Pokemon nicknames you're proud of?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Pokemon nicknames you're proud of?

Blog Entries

Default Pokemon nicknames you're proud of?

I've just been reading through the 'Stupidest Pokemon Nicknames' thread and I would like to know if there's many people out there who have given a nickname to a Pokemon that they are really proud of?

I've never, ever nicknamed a Pokemon but for some unknown reason I would like to start doing it in W2. No idea why...

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokemon nicknames you're proud of?

I named my Darmanitan 'Perses' (titan of destruction in Greek mythology). It seemed pretty appropriate for Darmanitan since it pretty much wreaks everything in its path.

And I named my female Ferrothorn 'Iron Maiden'. I'm not a fan of the band but hey, a good nickname's a good nickname.
    Narcisse likes this.

Blog Entries

Well when i was kid and had a GBC i gave my PIKACHU the name SPARKY for it in Pokemon Yellow. So that the only pokemon i can remember naming.

Blog Entries

I nicknamed my Zekrom Destruct, I wanted to call it destruction but it wouldnt fit!

Creepy adorable grin FTW ~DawnFairy=)~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow ~DawnFairy=)~ On Twitter Add ~DawnFairy=)~ on Facebook Add ~DawnFairy=)~ on Google+ Add ~DawnFairy=)~ on MySpace
    Add ~DawnFairy=)~ on Linkedin Follow ~DawnFairy=)~ on Tumblr Follow ~DawnFairy=)~ on Flickr Visit ~DawnFairy=)~'s Youtube Channel

Nicknames i'm proud of....Ummmmn.

Who can deney "Puffpufman" for a MEGANIUM? XD;...concicering i was refering to THE GRIM REEPER....

A lot of my nicknames are kind of boring :( Yet I am attached to them XD
    Narcisse likes this.

I like being pretty irl and wear dresses i wish i could go sweet lolita...
    Riku and Clefairies are adorbs :D

Blog Entries

Follow Autumnbreeze on Tumblr

I named my male Jellicent, Moustachio, because....you know...it has like a mustache.
    Yeah, I'm weird.
    Narcisse likes this.

"I don’t put much stock in anyone else’s opinions of a person.
    I prefer to judge the people I meet with my own eyes."

-tumblr- -fanfiction- -dreams-

I like the nicknames I gave to my Fire-type starters. All of them relate to fire one way or another.

Charizard in FireRed: Ryuu (means "dragon" in Japanese, most dragons breathe fire)
    Typhlosion in Crystal: Mario (from the Super Mario series, one of Mario's most well-known abilities is fire)
    Blaziken in Emerald: Blaze (quite obvious)
    Infernape in Platinum: Goukazaru (same as Japanese name, it's not really an example, but still)
    Quilava in HeartGold: Luigi (another SM reference, Luigi can throw fireballs in Smash Bros)
    Emboar in White: Boca (comes from "bacon", only arranged, with the "n" given to N; alternatively, comes from the veggie burger brand Boca. both can be grilled over a fire)
    Tepig in White 2 JPN: Flambe (the cooking term)

Yeah...I could go on about nicknames, but those are the ones I like most. My starter is my most important Pokemon, and since I ALWAYS choose fire, they all need a name that can relate to fire one way or another.
    Narcisse likes this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

Usually, I give my Pokemon a Transformer nickname and I try to find one that fits--I named my shiny Palkia after Vector Prime from TF: Cybertron because of Vector Prime's mastery of time and space, my shiny Electivire Bumblebee because it looked like movie BB, etc. It's very rare that I give a Pokmemon an actual original name. But it happened during Gen V. I named my Brave Natured Golett who had Iron Fist, Riser.

Riser is the name of a character in a bit of fiction I've been working on; the character in question is known as an Iron Fist. But my Golett's name turned out to be one that was earned and not truly given. Little Riser, now a level 100 Golurk, did everything he could to get me the wins I needed. The little guy rose to the occasion and earned a lot of victories for me. When I needed help, it was Riser who helped. He rose through the ranks to become the team leader and my strongest battler by far. In every sense of the word, he rose above all and overcame whatever stood before him. Like I said, the name Riser was earned in his case.

I honestly don't think I could have picked a better name for the big guy.
    Narcisse likes this.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

My proudest nickname ever was my VGC 2011 Female (that's important) Haxorus. It's name was THE X-WIFE, I got so many comments on it too.

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Blog Entries

I named my very first Charizard (in FireRed; I started late for my age) Flame Boy, after the overweight flamethrower-wielding enemies in the GBA version of Spider-Man 2. I thought it was funny.

Other than that, probably my two (retired) Infernape, Sun Wukong and Son Goku.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Mr Mewtwo, the Mewtwo. Don't act as if it's not awesome.

Blog Entries
    Add Morru Magnum on Facebook

I remember naming my Seedot in Ruby "Phloem" and naming my Sapphire Lotad "Xylem", after the two major vascular tissues found in some plants.
    Narcisse likes this.

BANNER BY Blue Dragon
    JOIN Pokémon URPG TODAY!
    | URPG Stats | Curator Log | Ref Log | Violet Gym |

Add Vaeriu on Facebook
    Visit Vaeriu's Youtube Channel

I named Crobat 'Ace'
    Feraligatr 'Ferocity'
    and my Nidoking as 'Aries'

Blog Entries

I used to never nickname my Pokemon, because I'm TERRIBLE at it. Then I tried it during my Diamond Scramble Challenge run, and I was still terrible. :P However, I felt like I could do it again, and so I did on my Japanese Black 2 run. Most of the names are references to things, and Tepig being the mandatory bacon of the meat, but I really liked my almost clever nickname for Galvantula. I had a name planned for it if it was male as well, but I don't remember that one. As a female, I went and named her Moz. Moz happens to be a bird's name, and those usually fit females, but the name came from Mozilla. (Because Spider -> Web -> Browser) But just from those 3 letters, it reallydoesn't directly connect. :3

Most of my nicknames tend to be either Gods or characters from books, movies, etc.
    Growlithe - Iroh
    Blastoise - Finnick
    Blaziken - Hephaestus
    Gardevoir - Heimdallr
    Just some examples.
    One that I'm rather proud of is in Black I nicknamed my Pansear Hisaru. It (roughly[if Google translate is to be believed]) means fire ape in Japanese. A few of mine are rather punny as well. I named Oshawott Ollie and a Swampert Marshall. I also named an Aerodactyl Ptery. It's pronounced Terry which is also my own name. I'm also very attached to a Gloom named Podunk. I'm not sure why since I'm not a big fan of the Oddish line.
    Last edited by NinjaCartel; 6th September 2012 at 07:25 PM.
    Narcisse likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast