Maybe they can create a legendary with not so strong stats like 80 on all stats, then it can evolve.
They don't really need to make evolutions for the existing legendaries. Just make a new legendary with evolution line would be unique. It could be like a bug pokemon legendary.
Kenta's Pokemon Party
I would like to see the game become more balanced to a point where your favourite pokemon don't become entirely useless. Anyway, I would say Farfetch'd for now. There's a load of pokemon that could benefit from evolution, too many in fact.
With each generation, I find myself frustrated with the latest batch of cross-generation evolutions. Especially those that induce evolution in Pokemon with no prior evolutions. I'm a bit of a stickler for retconning and altering what has already been established; I find it ruins the purity and fluency of previous generations/games. I'm not sure how to explain it fully, but I find it hard to play, say, RBY without thinking "I know this Magmar can evolve. And it has evolved in the past, too". Same story with Electabuzz. And even though I have grown to like my Honchkrow, I was distraught when I found out that my precious Murkrow can evolve, (I evolved it for the increased stats). Furthermore, I found many of the Gen IV evolutions like Rhyperior, Magmortar and Electavire a bit too much, and a bit obscene. But that's just me.
No Pokemon needs an evolution, but I agree that some parallel Pokemon lines should to make the lines 'even' again. IE - Dusklops -> Dusknoir, Bannette -> ???; Gloom -> Bellossom, Weepinbell -> ???
Now this isn't a complaint or a whinge, but why is it common that people think that most Pokemon should have a 3 stage line? If it's already a Basic Pokemon with a Stage 1 evolution, then it needs a Stage 2 evolution, or if it's a non-evolving Pokemon, it needs a pre-evolution and a subsequent evolution. I find that if there are some Pokemon which evolve once, some that evolve twice and some which don't evolve at all, then it creates variety in training.
I know that Generation I Pokemon only evolved via Evolution, Stones or Trading and that now as the hardware/programme capabilities have become better there are more imaginative ways to make Pokemon evolve, but I just feel that that should only apply to Pokemon released in that Generation.
I doubt I've made a compelling argument, but I certainly agree with turtlekid that some Pokemon, whether they can evolve already or not, don't need to evolve.
And going from previous suggestions I'll scream blue murder if Arbok, Cacturne, Torkoal or Cloyster ever gain evolutions!
Crack some heads for me, darlings. Thank you, and good night.
Aridos it is such a good pokemon with an awesome move set, but it's base stats are low for a fully evolved pokemon. Plus I would like to see more bug pokemon that aren't complete push overs
For now, I am going to suggest five necessary evolutions.
1) Pinsir - Pinsir has always been a Pokemon with great potential, but that potential has been overshadowed by all its counterparts Scyther, Scizor and Heracross. The main issue is that all of them has a secondary type that makes them better, and they have more useful abilities. Granted, Pinsir itself has a great ability too (Mold Breaker), but it doesn't have enough ways to abuse it.
The evolution needs to fill one or more of these criteria: Neutralised Rock weakness, Ground-type (for Ground STAB), higher Speed than Heracross, Can learn Circle Throw
2) Torkoal - Torkoal has a special niche of being a Fire-type Rapid Spinner, which is a great thing because Bug and Steel-type Spikers are more common these days, and Torkoal can present itself as a threat to them because it can discourage them from setting them and spin their efforts away while they fear and flee. However, its defensive type is a deterrent to this, so something needs to be done to help Torkoal garner attention.
The evolution needs to fill one or more of these criteria: Neutralised Rock weakness, Steel-type add on, increased Special Defence, Can learn Spikes
3) Sunflora - Sunflora is strange because even though it evolves with a Sun Stone, it can still acquire level up moves. Anyway, this Pokemon has the potential to be great, because it recently acquired Earth Power, a move that any Grass-type would love to have. Sunflora, being based on the sunflower, has a potential theme for an evolution, where it can be based on its namesake, where it will have a niche to be a fiery attacker that can take advantage of Chlorophyll.
The evolution needs to fill one or more of these criteria: Fire-type add-on, increased Speed (65 at least, so that Chlorophyll will outspeed Choice Scarf Garchomp), Flash Fire/Drought ability
4) Manectric - This Pokemon has to be good, considering how it falls under the Slow Experience Group (levelling up will take longer), but its stats are not that high and it's underwhelming because its movepool is shallow, despite the LightningRod buff. Manectric deserves better than that. The experience group is both a hint and a reason for it to evolve.
The evolution needs to fill one or more of these criteria: Increased stats in Special Attack, Speed (at least 121 to outspeed Dugtrio) and Attack (100 will do), knows Earthquake, knows a Grass-type attack (for deterring Sandstorm abusers), knows Flare Blitz
5) Banette - Dusclops is glad that it has an evolution, as this meant that it can potentiall become stronger or equip with Eviolite for better protection. However, Banette isn't so lucky, and I believe that Banette has potential to be a better evolution because there will be enough experience from the developers to know how to make an evolution successful.
The evolution needs to fill one or more of these criteria: Normal-type add-on (become immune to Ghost and Fighting), better bulk (to accommodate said type combo and Cursed Body), learns Ice Beam (gets BoltBeam), get Recover
Thanks for reading.
"A kindly tongue is the lodestone of the hearts of men. It is the bread of the spirit, it clotheth the words with meaning, it is the fountain of the light of wisdom and understanding..."
Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)
Lapris baby evolution. Lapy (water only)
Certainly Torkoal! The evolution should be the best tank ever or have a great ability!
Click to Join!
Surprised no one said this yet, but the Surskit line needs another evolution, whether it be Masquerain evolving or Surskit getting a split evo, something's gotta give. Or hell, it needs both; Masquerain needs the stat boosts of an evolution & the split evo could be (stat wise) on par with the Masquerain evo but keep its unique bug/water typing. (seriously GF, wtf)
as stated numerous times before, Farfetch'd. Now I think, however, that Farfetch'd should get 2 split evos, one that's fighting/flying where the evo would excel in physical attacking, defense, & speed; this evo, if you can try to picture it, a karate duck (that still carries the leek). The other split evo would be, again, if you can picture it, a ninja duck, whose typping would be dark/flying, & excel in attack & speed & status inducing & support (to separate it from Honchkrow & Mandibuzz, yet be an alternative to say Ninjask), & would have some sort of ability that could help it out more (I can't think of one atm, this was just brainstorming).
Again, as stated before, Mawile. Someone said a Steel/Ghost typing, & I must agree, considering what Mawile is based off of.
Again, as stated before, Jynx. Why they gave Elec & Mag evos but not Jynx is beyond me.
Girafarig too, whoever said a psychic/dark evo, I agree.
One that wasn't mentioned before, Furret. Now now, before someone retorts with the whole early game rodents are supposed to be weak speech, just remember some of us like to use these com mons & would like them to receive much due potential boosts. I think a Normal/Fighting evo would be interesting, a karate/kung-fu weasel if you will. Furret could really use the stat boosts, & its already good attack & speed would love this evolution. heck, just to mix things up, the evo should even make its spec. att. usable since Furret already has access to the cliche normal pokemon movepool (& I just really like surfing on the damn thing). I think this evo would be an alternative to say Mienshao, where as mienshao knows what it's good at & does it well, this Furret evo would be more of a fighting jack of all trades type deal. (fyi, this idea came from my habit of teaching my furrets dynamicpunch back in gen 2 XP )
claims: Surfing Pikachu, Color Change, Pidgeotto, Johanna (<3)
I'd love to see Smeargle get one with a BST of 450... or 500... Maybe a badass wolf artist?
Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458
Pinsir. I kinda like this buggy, but I can't use it.