Pokemon that Need Evolutions - Page 13
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon that Need Evolutions

Follow Purellian On Twitter
    Visit Purellian's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon which deserve evolutions, and don't have them?

Pinsir fo' sho'. Also, it would be kinda cool if there was a pre-evolution for Miltank and Tauros, which then evolved into the proper pokemon depending on its gender.

Waiting for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y since January, 2013!

I like the idea of prevelutions :x.

Lapras, well an evolution of Lapras would be nice. ^.^

Blog Entries

Evolutions for Vesiquen and Maggyo would be lovely.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

What's a "Maggyo"? And why Vespiquen?

I'd like to see a dragon type evolution for Eevee. A pre evo for Skarmory wouldn't hurt either.

Blog Entries

Basically any of the small, non-evolving Pokemon (Farfetch'd, Dunsparce, Pokemon like that).

Also, Pokemon like Skarmory and Tropius having a baby Pokemon stage of evolution.

One other Pokemon, Torkoal. I'd love to see it evolve into a big fire/steel type Pokemon!

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessMio View Post
    Starmie [...] It'd become amazing in competitive battles :x
    It already is...

Pachurisu and Emolga.
    I would have liked it if Emolga was an evolution of Pachurisu (with a somewhat different design to resemble Pachurisu) seeing as Squirrel>flying Squirrel-Pokèmon seems obvious to me, and I know me and at least one more person have designed flying evolutions of Pach before Gen V came around.

Comfort ghost Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

I want to see Bisharp evolve into a King Pokemon, like I expected it to the first time I saw it. Its typing is very nice, as is the ability Defiant, but it's 70 base Speed ticks me off. It's neither fast enough to keep up with the majority of sweepers, nor is it slow enough to work well with Trick Room teams. An evolution with stats spread out like this would be marvelous:

HP: 70
    Atk: 130
    Def: 105
    Sp.Atk: 65
    Sp.Def: 75
    Spd: 90

Who is this git?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Sableye, Mawile, Torkoal (Fire/Water Hot Spring Tortoise), Banette, Chimecho, Jynx, Swoobat, Audino, Sunflora, Rapidash (Fire/Flying Alicorn), and Farfetch'd (Fighting/Flying Samurai Duck).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    What's a "Maggyo"? And why Vespiquen?
    Maggyo is the Japanese name for Stunfisk. (I just don't like its English name). I think Vespiquen needs one since its Speed and typing are absolute crap.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Agaçant View Post
    Maggyo is the Japanese name for Stunfisk. (I just don't like its English name). I think Vespiquen needs one since its Speed and typing are absolute crap.
    Oh, I see. I'd rather the male Combee get an evolution, like a badass wasp.

I think that the most interesting evolutions would be those of gimmick Pokemon; for example, Castform is actually an awesome concept for a Pokemon, but it's hindered by its mediocre (at best) stats. An evolution with ~100 base SAtk and ~90 Speed would actually be somewhat threatening in the lower tiers. Its great type coverage only helps. Between Weather Ball, the 95 BP/100 acc TM moves, and Hydro Pump in Gen 5, with better stats I could actually see it becoming somewhat menacing in UU or at least RU (of course, I have a dearth of knowledge on competitive tiers in fifth gen - if someone else could add on to that, it would be great).

Although it's not a gimmick, I really think Chimecho would benefit from an evolution as well. Its stats are decidedly second-rate, but it actually has a passable support movepool: Wish, Healing Wish, Magic Coat, Reflect, Light Screen are all solid moves in their own right, and a bulky evolution with maybe 110 SAtk and a broader special movepool would be somewhat dangerous in lower tiers: it could function kind of like Clefable in DPP UU - it could either hit like a truck or become a nuisance with its massive support movepool.

Tropius with an evolution would be scary. Pick your poison: either go mixed with Chlorophyll or full special with Solar Power (alternatively, you could go with Chlorophyll/special, which would actually be better). It's reasonably bulky even by OU standards - just bolster its offenses and speed and you've unleashed a monster.

To get off the subject of Hoenn Pokemon, Qwilfish is a Pokemon that I think has a lot of potential. It has a very nice and unique type combination, and while it's already respectable, I think it would attract a lot more interest if it got an evolution. Having access to both Spikes and Toxic Spikes make it a good candidate for setting up entry hazards, and its attack stat isn't bad by any standards. Though this isn't a good spread, maybe something along the lines of:

80~100 HP / 105 Atk / 85 Def / 55 SAtk / 85 SDef / 85 Spd

would shoot Qwilfish to the ranks of high UU/low OU? If it received access to an attack boosting move, that would make it only more unpredictable, seeing as how it could either run a Toxic Spikes/Spikes set or a Life Orb Swift Swim abuse set in the rain. If memory serves me correctly, he also gets Taunt, meaning that it isn't complete set-up bait for Ferrothorn! My, what a lovely movepool Qwilfish has. Taunt, Thunder Wave, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Haze, etc. allow it to be a quintessential supporting member of a team, and I think that an evolution would only ameliorate the utility of the bloatfish on a team.

Note that I'm not saying that every Pokemon could be OU - you'd need to add way too many movepool, ability, and base stat modifications to make even half of the available mons OU.
    Last edited by the french open; 19th March 2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: bad comparison

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Operator View Post
    Note that I'm not saying that every Pokemon could be OU - you'd need to add way too many movepool, ability, and base stat modifications to make even half of the available mons OU.
    Not entirely, the majority of mons in OU are tanks and walls, and they're usually Water, Ground, Fighting, and Steel types. If a mon wants to be OU, they must have decent tanking abilities, leaving pure sweepers and revenge killers suffer from usage.

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

I know that Eevee has its fair share, but I'd love to see them make an evolution for every type. Yes, that means having 17 Eeveelutions. So what? I even have decent names thought up for some of them. I'd also like to see an evolution for Mawile and Sableye maybe.

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast